: Internet Issues

Discus and support : Internet Issues in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; : Internet Issues Hello there @Not funnyd i d n t l a u g h, I hope everything is going well! Thank you for reaching Microsoft Xbox Forum support. I... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by Not funnyd i d n t l a, Jan 13, 2021.

1. : Internet Issues

Hello there @Not funnyd i d n t l a u g h, I hope everything is going well!

Thank you for reaching Microsoft Xbox Forum support. I want you not to worry about the situation because I am here to help you out! I believe your console might need either a network reset or just a system refresh. I would like you to go through the following
    steps to clear the Mac address and then perform a quick power cycle on your console:

Settings > Network Settings > Advanced Settings > Alternate Mac Address > Clear it and the console should restart. It would definitely help if you could restart the internet router while the console is restarting.

After going through the troubleshooting steps mentioned, I invite you to perform a quick power cycle by turning off the console and then unplugging all the cables. After 2 to 3 minutes, re-plug them back again, then restart your console.

Another thing you should check is your NAT type. I would like you to check your NAT type if open because that could sometimes interfere. To check for the NAT type you can follow the steps below:

Settings > Network Settings > NAT type => It should be open.

If the NAT type is not open, you will need to open some ports with your internet provider. These ports must be open for Xbox Live to work: Port 88 (UDP) Port 3074 (UDP and TCP) Port 53 (UDP and TCP) Port 80 (TCP) Port 500 (UDP) Port 3544 (UDP) Port 4500
    (UDP).

In case the issue still persists after the previous steps have been performed here is the official link to all the network troubleshooting steps that can help sort this out for you.

The link: Troubleshoot your Xbox One network connection | Xbox Support

In case the issue still persists, the next step would be to perform a reset on the console. To do so you will need to follow the steps below to perform a reset on the Xbox :

Settings > System > Console Info > Reset This Xbox > Reset and Keep my Games and Apps.

Note =>The "Reset and Keep my Games and Apps" option will not cause losing your games, but please be aware that you need to be completely aware of the email address as well as the password of your account before going for it because it will require you
    to sign in to the account.

I wish you a lovely day, and I hope this helps you out! All the best!

Kind Regards

Stay safe, and happy gaming!

Code:
    Feel free to give us your feedback by voting below if the reply was helpful!
    :)

Not funnyd i d n t l a, Jan 13, 2021
  2. AngelaDXY Win User

Internet Issue

I am having the same issue. I have Vz 150/150 hardwired to my console. I have tried troubleshooting everything on my end including the waste of time that Microsoft chat support was. I don't think they care that there's an issue as long as they get their
    10$/month. Time to go back to my PS4. Life is too short to wait this long for updates and games. All tests on the XBOX, the laptop, the phones, the tv, etc all show 150/150 but when I go to download a game, Its at 8-12mbps...the chat "help" told me to go
    offline to see if it would download!!! SMH
  3. XBF Eladio M Win User

Internet issues

Hey Absent

Thank you for taking the time to let us know what worked for you!

As it seems you have found a favorable resolution, we will now be locking this thread.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please, feel free to create a new thread and we will cater to you there.

Thank you for being part of the Xbox Family, and we wish you a wonderful day!
  4. Final Boss XII Win User

Internet issues

Hello XxUltraSteelxX, I'm sorry to see you're having networking issues with your Xbox One.

Lets narrow down your problem to it's source.

If your Xbox one is randomly disconnecting, click
    here
    for a simple step by step guide on how to rectify this,

You can also visit
    here
    for a troubleshooting guide on completing a network test.

Finally, you can take a look at this
    guide
    to see how to review your network settings on your Xbox one console.

Let me know if any of this helps!
  5. XMoIsBackX Win User

Internet issues

You would have to talk to your ISP about latency and strong connection as Xbox Live has billions of people on there servers so it would be slow. It’s always the Internet Service Provider if you want the strongest connection and get put in your regions
    servers if your looking for a game.
  6. Zero420override Win User

Internet issues

Have you thought about perhaps going wired? I know that having a cord can be a bit of an annoyance some times but in the long run I find it to be a much easier and more stable connection choice.
Thema:

1. : Internet Issues - Similar Threads - Internet Issues

2. internet issues on xbox

in XboX Networking Hardware
    internet issues on xbox: internet issues on xbox when i try to connect to xbox live it says i have to enter an alternate mac address??? sometimes when i dont use my xbox one s for a while it works and i can go online but...
  3. Xbox Series S internet issues. Help

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series S internet issues. Help: I have been having this issue where my xbox series s disconnects. I stay in my xbox party with my buddies but then I get kicked out of the game(i also cant hear my friends). a couple seconds later...
  4. Xbox Series X Internet Issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Internet Issues: I just got my Xbox Series X not too long ago and sometimes when I turn it on, it says I'm not connected to xbox live but then I check my internet and it says I'm connected. Won't let me join...
  5. Series X Internet connection issues.

in XboX Insiders
    Series X Internet connection issues.: Every time my console restarts, it has trouble connecting to my wifi. Then it signs out my user gamer tag. And then I have issues signing in my user account. Once I keep re-signing in, and if I...
  6. Internet Connection issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Internet Connection issues: Hi there, My internet provider requires me to log in and connect to WiFi or Wireless via a browser. Due to this the xbox has always asked me to provide "additional authentication" On my xbox...
  7. Internet Connection Issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Internet Connection Issue: I’ve been haing a internet signal connection error on my Series X. During my game play on various games I’m experiencing a serious lag issue. I have reset my modem and router as well as tested...
  8. xbox internet issues

in XBoX Accessibility
    xbox internet issues: I have an Xbox one and whenever I am connected to the internet and I turn off the Xbox, I am unable to access anything that requires internet. A situation: I log onto the Xbox one day and play...
  9. Internet Issues after MW Update on Xbox?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Internet Issues after MW Update on Xbox?: Xbox was fine and Internet was fine last night. I did thr Update for Modern Warfare, and now my modem is on the fritz. It will lose connection every 30-60 minutes. At first i thought my xbox was...
  10. Xbox Internet Issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Internet Issues: I've been trying to get my Xbox's internet to work and it hasn't worked since last Thursday (9/10/2020). I've changed my mac address and my IP but nothing has worked. I've done the troubleshooting...