IP Address Problem Connecting Internet

Discus and support IP Address Problem Connecting Internet in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My Internet is working fine on every other device but when I connect to the Xbox, it says it cannot get an IP address. I've tried unplugging the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Leeds United947, Jul 31, 2020.

1. IP Address Problem Connecting Internet

My Internet is working fine on every other device but when I connect to the Xbox, it says it cannot get an IP address. I've tried unplugging the router, replugging it etc.

:)

Leeds United947, Jul 31, 2020
  2. [Farscape] Win User

if connecting wirelessly, go to network under settings and forget the wireless network, then restart the xbox and retry connecting to the router
  3. VernierSlake Win User

Victim of an IP flood / DOS attack

Your IP address, internet connection and what goes up and down it is your ISP's problem not MS's.
  4. vastim1- Win User

Error 80151901 - Is there a solution yet??

One important thing I forgot to add, once my IP address was switch to that of the static IP, my desktop internet was not connecting. So what I ended up doing was going back to the Local Area connection Properties (TCP/IP) and clicked on the "Obtain IP address
    automatically" again, which solved my internet connection and also allowed me to connect to xbox live.
  5. taidara Win User

Nat Opening help.

If you are looking at your router's LAN address then this is private for sure. I was asking about the WAN or Internet IP address. This is the only IP address that can be routed to any outbound connection.
  6. B1G BOOM Win User

Disconnect after one hour of playing

I believe the problem is you may have what is called a dynamic IP which is provided by some charter internet companies. Give this a shot.

I have had this problem before and this worked for me.

(This is for Windows XP)

Click Start, click Control Panel, click Network and Internet Connections, and then click Network Connections.

Right-click the network connection that is connected to the private ICS network, and then click Properties.

On the General tab, click Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) in the This connection uses the following items list, and then click Properties.

On the General tab, click Use the following IP address. Configure the entries as follows:

IP Address: The IP address you chose for this client (for example, 192.168.0.100).

Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0

Default Gateway: 192.168.0.1

Click Use the following DNS server addresses, and then type 192.168.0.1 in the Preferred DNS server box.

Click Advanced, and then click the DNS tab.

In the DNS suffix for this connection box, type MSHOME.NET.

Click OK.

Click OK.

To verify your computer has changed to static Ip, go to start--> run, type in CMD. This will bring up a command promt window. Now type in IPCONFIG, this will display your permanent Ip address (if you changed your IP address using the directions status above
    correctly).
Thema:

1. IP Address Problem Connecting Internet - Similar Threads - Address Problem Connecting

2. : Profile address problem

in XboX Networking Hardware
    : Profile address problem: : Profile address problem Hello What are you trying to buy exactly? Some games and items can only be purchased with a credit card. I would also check to be sure you have enough to cover taxes...
  3. 2FA - Email address problems

in XBoX Games and Apps
    2FA - Email address problems: The email address linked to the xbox account is not recognised when we try to set up a 2FA account. There are two gamer tags linked to the xbox, if we delete the one not in use (it has the same...
  4. Problem with 'Add an existing email address as a Microsoft account alias'

in XBoX Accessibility
    Problem with 'Add an existing email address as a Microsoft account alias': I'm currently using an @live email for my Xbox Live account. I'm trying to change this to a different @live email (brother's email), but when I add an alias, it gives the error 'This email is part...
  5. When are they actually going to fix/address Elite V2 problems?

in XBoX on Consoles
    When are they actually going to fix/address Elite V2 problems?: I am on my third and about to be forth elite v2 for the EXACT same issue. I press the right bumper once and it activates twice. I have tested this in game and on menus and still the same thing. I...
  6. Xbox Payment address Problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Payment address Problem: I Have a balance 25$ and it keeps asking me for address, I don't know why I fill the address then when I'm next then it keep asking me "CHECK YOUR ADDRESS" Please help me :(...
  7. Paying for the Latest Version of Minecraft Online Problem with Postal Address

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Paying for the Latest Version of Minecraft Online Problem with Postal Address: I am going to pay for the latest version of minecraft online which is $19.99. I know there is meant to be a code coming in a few weeks time but I promised it to the kids and dont want them waiting...
  8. MAC-Adresse bzw. Authenfizierungs Probleme auf der Xbox One. [Translation - MAC address or...

in XBoX on Consoles
    MAC-Adresse bzw. Authenfizierungs Probleme auf der Xbox One. [Translation - MAC address or...: Seit ungefähr einen Monat habe ich ein problem mit dem Internet auf meiner Xbox. Immer wenn ich mein Internet Teste kommt eine Fehler meldung in der steht : ,,Sie müssen zusätzliche...
  9. Alternate MAC address problem with new Xbox One S

in XBoX on Consoles
    Alternate MAC address problem with new Xbox One S: I can't figure out how to get MY New Xbox one S started im stuck at the Advanced Settings screen. Please Help. 312b2339-9169-4f14-a77b-67cfb9bff241
  10. Changing email address and payment problems.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Changing email address and payment problems.: Hello, I'd like to change my email address on xbox live as my old email is no longer valid. Also, my payment information isn't working even though its correct and redeeming codes isn't...