: IPv4 and IPv6 issue

Discus and support : IPv4 and IPv6 issue in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; : IPv4 and IPv6 issue I see, if your packe loss increases randomly then it is indeed a problem with your modem or your ISP network / connection, modern... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by PluralFiddle87, Sep 11, 2019.

1. : IPv4 and IPv6 issue

I see, if your packe loss increases randomly then it is indeed a problem with your modem or your ISP network / connection, modern hardware has compatibility to use the IPv6 for sure, but if after that your problem persists, then your ISP needs to fix your
    out connectio. Where I live is very usual that the ISP just brings cables and cables that aren't connected to anything and my service gets affected so I ask them to remove those cables.

:)

PluralFiddle87, Sep 11, 2019
  2. ArminatorX Win User

My Xbox One S won't connect to Xbox Live using ipv4.

It might be that your ISP is using IPv6 and tunneling IPv4 via CG-NAT and DS-Lite.

While IPv6 is generally a Good Thing to have (as the Xbox One primarily uses IPv6, and even if you only have IPv4, it will use IPv6 tunneled through IPv4), you might want to check with your ISP if they offer you a "Dual Stack" connection with IPv6 and a
    real public IPv4 in parallel.

There really isn't much you can do on the console itself, as it does check automatically what IP protocol your ISP provides, and if it's IPv6, then the console will use IPv6. If it's a Dual Stack, where you have IPv4 natively (not tunneled through IPv6)
    and IPv6, then the console will use both, and if it's an IPv4 connection, it'll tunnel IPv6 through IPv4 through Teredo.
  3. Darth Savetor Win User

xbox one ipv6

I had the same issue, i have a router thats both ipv4 and ipv6. I went through and changed things over to ipv6 on my router and then changed it on my console, It wouldn’t connect to the internet, so inset it all back to ipv4 and left it. My laptop however
    would connect when all switched over to ipv6, so now I’m utilizing both ipv4 for my console, and ipv6 for my laptop.
  4. ScheduledAbyss8 Win User

IPv4 and IPv6 issue

5. AquarrzSudnnym Win User

IPv4 and IPv6 issue

Are you using a wired or wireless to connect to your router?

My Xbox is using only IPv4. What should I do to add IPv6?

Several home routers support IPv6 but disable it by default. Check the manual for your router or contact your ISP to make sure it's enabled.
  6. PluralFiddle87 Win User

IPv4 and IPv6 issue

It keeps lagging me out of games randomly, Madden 20 more so. I've tried both wired, and wireless. My download speed is 212. Mb, upload runs anywhere from 10 to 12 Mb packet loss 0, and latency 40-60%. In which those numbers drop when I get kicked, except
    packet loss rises. I know that 4 is the standard im curious if IPv6 would fix the lag and or me getting booted.
Thema:

1. : IPv4 and IPv6 issue - Similar Threads - IPv4 IPv6 issue

2. Xbox One X IPv4/IPv6 Issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X IPv4/IPv6 Issues: My Xbox One X for months has had issues with all of a sudden losing IPv6 connection. For me it shows dual stack IPv4/IPv6 and when I any games like Apex Legends, BFV, FighterZ, my console will do...
  3. IPv4& IPv6 issues. NAT unavailable - Xbox service issues??

in XBoX on Consoles
    IPv4& IPv6 issues. NAT unavailable - Xbox service issues??: Im comnected with an ethernet cable. It saysthere are xbox issues on their end. I have done allchecks and resets. 149715e6-d774-4cfa-a164-86b68bf2a698
  4. : Switching to ipv6 from ipv4

in XboX Networking Hardware
    : Switching to ipv6 from ipv4: : Switching to ipv6 from ipv4 Only your internet provider can give you ipv6 if they support it. If they do, then they can help switch it on for you. If you are successful, then your Xbox One...
  5. IPv4 to IPv6

in XBoX Accessibility
    IPv4 to IPv6: How do i change from IPv4 to IPv6? 66832191-0b8f-4a40-b9af-97daa3485032
  6. IPv6/IPv4 dual stack Xbox One connectivity issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    IPv6/IPv4 dual stack Xbox One connectivity issues: I've been gaming through my Verizon hotspot for months. All of the sudden my Xbox 1, Xbox 1s won't even find my network and if it does and is connected long enough to do a speed test I have .2mb...
  7. IPv6/IPv4 dual stack Xbox One connectivity issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    IPv6/IPv4 dual stack Xbox One connectivity issues: I've been gaming through my Verizon hotspot for months. All of the sudden my Xbox 1, Xbox 1s won't even find my network and if it does and is connected long enough to do a speed test I have .2mb...
  8. IPv4 and IPv6 Issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    IPv4 and IPv6 Issues: So just recently I've noticed my xbox one s has been randomly disconnecting from my wireless internet. I look in the network settings and notice it's switch from being IPv4 and IPv6 to just IPv4....
  9. IPv6/IPv4 dual stack Xbox One connectivity issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    IPv6/IPv4 dual stack Xbox One connectivity issues: SO the other day I started having some laggy gaming on Advanced Warfare. I noticed my PING went to 1 red bar and fluctuated up and down the entire game. I switched lobbies to a different game type...
  10. IPv6 playing with IPv4 Issues? Consistent Disconnect between me and my friend, chat and game.

in XBoX on Consoles
    IPv6 playing with IPv4 Issues? Consistent Disconnect between me and my friend, chat and game.: Me and a friend are trying to play GTA Online together. If he or I host a game, one of us will get disconnected in about 5-10 minutes. The same happens with our party chat, fails after about 5-10...