Is anyone having any issues with the latest update not reading external hard drives?

Discus and support Is anyone having any issues with the latest update not reading external hard drives? in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I've just turned on the console and it's not reading the external hard drive straight away, it takes maybe 2/3 minutes to see it and once it's seen it... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/unabatedshagie, Sep 10, 2020.

1. Is anyone having any issues with the latest update not reading external hard drives?

I've just turned on the console and it's not reading the external hard drive straight away, it takes maybe 2/3 minutes to see it and once it's seen it I can't start any of the games on it.

Now there is a high chance that the external drive is on its way out, it is a few years old. I'm just wanting to rule out an update issue before I think about getting a new drive.

submitted by /u/unabatedshagie
    [link] [comments]

/u/unabatedshagie, Sep 10, 2020
  2. ALL FLASH Win User

Xbox One no longer recognizes my external hard drive's media content after the update

Same issue. I have a Seagate 1TB external hard drive and the media player will no longer read it at all. I can no longer play my movies, pictures or music. Went through all the reformatting to see if that would help but it hasn't. This needs to be fixed
    & patched, or roll back that update. Everything worked perfectly before the latest update.
  3. Listed mia 510 Win User

strange things happening

Update to this issue for anyone Reading!

A Hard Reset will fix the Error x021 or what ever it was! That seems to be occurring for preview members with the latest update.

Seems that cache data may be conflicting so an empty cache is whats needed.

I will post this in preview update forum.
  4. JoeNocella Win User

External hard drive no longer recognised..

Unless you're in the Preview Program. It appears that those participating, like myself, have been having issues where the external hard drive is no longer recognized since the latest update under the Preview Program.
  5. chillgreg Win User

External hard drive no longer recognised..

I am in the Preview Program, have the latest update, and have had no problems with my Xbox recognising the external hard drive.
  6. mtpair Win User

no option to configure usb on xbox 360

I'm having the same issue! I bought an external 1TB drive to move my games to and have more storage since the latest update supports up to 2TB external storage. It formats but won't configure. Any suggestions?
Thema:

Is anyone having any issues with the latest update not reading external hard drives?

1. Is anyone having any issues with the latest update not reading external hard drives? - Similar Threads - anyone having issues

2. Is anyone having weird party issues?

in XboX Insiders
    Is anyone having weird party issues?: Anytime I join a party it forces me to immediately leave, and same if I create one once the other person connects. I'm posting this here because it was happening to my friend last night and he's...
  3. Anyone else having issues with parties not working?

in XboX Insiders
    Anyone else having issues with parties not working?: Today my parties have been super weird, and the new patch hasnt fixed it, When I join my own party alone it kicks me out after about 30 seconds and kicks me out immediately when i try and join a...
  4. Anyone having issues with the accessories app on pc?

in XboX Insiders
    Anyone having issues with the accessories app on pc?: After the most recent controller update, my xbox accessories app on my pc does not recognize my elite series 2 controller. Im tried different usb ports, and even connecting it through bluetooth,...
  5. Anyone else having any HDR Issues?

in XboX Insiders
    Anyone else having any HDR Issues?: just Curious if anyone else is having HDR issues as well. I am on series X and everything was working fine until I joined the insider program. submitted by /u/Demand_Upper [link] [comments]
  6. Anyone else having issues accessing insiders hub?

in XboX Insiders
    Anyone else having issues accessing insiders hub?: Trying to log onto insiders hub and it’s giving me a log in error. I have logged out and restarted my Xbox multiple times but still not working. Anyone else having this issue or know how to fix?...
  7. Is anyone else having issues with downloads to console?

in XboX Insiders
    Is anyone else having issues with downloads to console?: Getting hangups in downloading games where you didn't used to? Opting to "try installing again" does nothing. Very frustrating. Ran a connection test: 168 download, 138 upload, "less than 60 ms...
  8. Anyone else having issues today after the update?

in XboX Insiders
    Anyone else having issues today after the update?: Everything is extremely slow and pages don't load, downloads don't start or stop midway to never be started again and also can't be cancelled most of the time or take around half an hour before...
  9. If anyone is having issues with the new edge browser

in XboX Insiders
    If anyone is having issues with the new edge browser: For anybody that is an alpha insider and is having issues getting the new edge browser just report it. Thankfully after reporting it and doing somethings and restarting my Xbox it appeared...
  10. My Xbox Series S is not queuing up games to install. Anyone else have this issue?

in XboX Insiders
    My Xbox Series S is not queuing up games to install. Anyone else have this issue?: So I tried to redownload one of my owned games just a few minutes ago and it wouldn't queue at all, it was a next gen game so I tried to install it on the internal hard drive. It's not a storage...