Is audio delay a common issue?

Discus and support Is audio delay a common issue? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So I was playing a game when all of the sudden the audio went out of sync. So I turned it all off and on again, and even the Xbox menu was out of sync.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by DouglasKlaus, Nov 7, 2019.

1. DouglasKlaus
    DouglasKlaus Guest

So I was playing a game when all of the sudden the audio went out of sync. So I turned it all off and on again, and even the Xbox menu was out of sync. I tried playing other games and all of them had
    a big audio delay. So I went to Settings > Display & sound > Video output > Video fidelity & overscan, and changed it to HDMI and then to Auto Detect again, and now it seems to be working fine. I don’t have anything else plugged, just the Xbox One S directly
    to the HDMI port on my Sony Bravia. Has anyone else had this issue before? My console is new, I have it only for like a week now.

:)

DouglasKlaus, Nov 7, 2019
  2. DouglasKlaus Win User

Nice, that's pretty interesting, thank you. Unfortunetly I don't have a receiver, so I guess HDMI audio is my only option for now, but I'll keep that in mind for whenever I get one
  3. iareBRENDEN Win User

Interesting. Only thing that would make sense to me is a weird surround sound issue. If it happens again I'd reach out to support, unless someone else here gives you a good answer!
  4. MobileMattw Win User

It may be worth doing a soft reset by holding the power button on console for 10 seconds until it powers off the boot it back up.
  5. Mikeysoonerfan Win User

I dont get unusual delay. I play rocksmith which requires 0 delay when I play and I have to set up my sound differently to get that. I know that any type of Dolby or surround sound processing will delay your sound. It's very slight though and most people
    wouldn't notice. Some TVs also have settings to correct delay like that. If your running HDMI uncompressed there should very minimal delay. I know I have issues with the 3.0 cables my xbox one x came with. Could be the cable. I guess it just depends if it's
    an isolated incident or if it happens all the time.
  6. SA1NT 0F LI3S Win User

A simpler solution, may be to restart your console.

Here’s how:

1. Press and hold the Xbox button in the center of your Xbox One controller to open the Power Center.
    2. Select Restart console.
    3. Select Restart.
Thema:

1. Is audio delay a common issue? - Similar Threads - audio delay common

2. Xbox cloud gaming video delay but audio is okay

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox cloud gaming video delay but audio is okay: There is video lag when playing Xbox Cloud Gaming, but the audio is fine (0 latency). 66af0c82-128f-475d-a065-b2541b29b178
  3. Audio Delay issue present since 2020 is suddenly fixed by new xbox update?

in XboX Insiders
    Audio Delay issue present since 2020 is suddenly fixed by new xbox update?: Currently on Samsung s95b, the audio delay I had (no matter the settings combination) seems to be fully fixed as of today's public release update. Can anyone confirm with LG OLED C series TVs? Is...
  4. Atmos Delay fix (worked for me, at least) and audio detection issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Atmos Delay fix (worked for me, at least) and audio detection issues: Reposting from insiders reddit, but if anybody with more knowledge than me and enough pa5ience to read this c Would weigh in, I'd sure appreciate it!! Distillation with fix on Atmos delay at...
  5. Xbox Series X audio delay through eARC

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X audio delay through eARC: I've tried this with LG OLED C2 and Samsung S95B. No issues with PS5 and Apple TV, but Xbox Series X (and Switch) have noticeable audio delay/lag. I've tried all different combination of settings...
  6. Audio delay when play 4k UHD movie on Xbox series X

in XBoX on Windows
    Audio delay when play 4k UHD movie on Xbox series X: Hello, I'm trying to watch the LOTR 4k UHD discs. There is a noticeable audio delay with the picture though. I am only playing the sound through the tv, I do not have external speakers or...
  7. Audio delay

in XBoX on Windows
    Audio delay: Is there a fix for an audio delay on the Xbox series s. a8d98462-dde1-4208-b64c-93f4d46d3c70
  8. Xbox Series X and One X Dolby bitstream audio delay

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Series X and One X Dolby bitstream audio delay: I've had this problem for quite some while now, and I see a lot of people on the internet have a similar problem. I've got a Samsung Q90T linked to my Sony HT-ZF9 using eARC. I've got my Xbox...
  9. Weird sound delay bug on all audio formats (alpha-skip build)

in XboX Insiders
    Weird sound delay bug on all audio formats (alpha-skip build): Not sure if this is a new bug, known or even a xbox bug.. On the newest Alpha skip ahead build, using a Xbox series X. Got a new Samsung Q990b soundbar and wanted to test the Atmos delay on the...
  10. Atraso no áudio é algo comum? [Translate] Is audio delay common?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Atraso no áudio é algo comum? [Translate] Is audio delay common?: Eu estava jogando quando de repente o áudio ficou fora de sincronia. Então eu desliguei o Xbox, a TV, tirei da tomada, reiniciei tudo e continuou o problema. Até os sons do sistema e do menu...