Is bo2 disc backwards compatible on Xbox series x?

Discus and support Is bo2 disc backwards compatible on Xbox series x? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I just bought the series x yesterday and have been in the process of reinstalling all my games from my Xbox one. But in my games and apps I don’t see... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by gurly gunner, Jul 15, 2022.

1. gurly gunner
    gurly gunner Guest

I just bought the series x yesterday and have been in the process of reinstalling all my games from my Xbox one. But in my games and apps I don’t see bo2. When I insert the disc there is no pop up for the game at the home page and when I go to the store it says I have to buy the digital version for 50 dollars. The disc works fine as I literally played it 2 nights ago on my Xbox one. I only bought the digital version of the series x for my old 360 disc games and if it doesn’t work for any of them might just return the series x and keep my Xbox one!

:)

gurly gunner, Jul 15, 2022
  2. pr1malg3ar Win User

Where is the buy digital download for this game on XBOX ONE Store?

Backwards compatibility

According to this link the first Halo in the series is only backwards compatible with disc and not digital
  3. Smwutches Win User

Planning to buy the Xbox X - But I have a 3 questions

Gold is required to play online on the Xbox. So even if it's a free-to-play game, you still need Gold to play online.

As far as the games you have on Disc, you would not get the remastered ones for free, but if they are backwards compatible you can use the discs to play on the Series X (https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/backward-compatibility?xr=shellnav)
    The Series S will not have a disc drive so backwards compatible discs will not work and the games would have to be purchased digitally.
  4. Burnin TODI Win User

Help Needed.

5. BiONikOHeRTz Win User

Backward compatibility game not working

Hi! CoD BO2 (Xbox360) is officially backwards compatible with Xbox One. Take a look at this link https://majornelson.com/blog/xbox-one-backward-compatibility/

theoretically you should only insert the disc that should let you download the game.
    Remember that the disc will still have to be inserted to play.
    If you need technical assistance I suggest you contact Xbox support https://beta.support.xbox.com
  6. RCBat Win User

Planning to buy the Xbox X - But I have a 3 questions

Gold is required to play online on the Xbox. So even if it's a free-to-play game, you still need Gold to play online.

As far as the games you have on Disc, you would not get the remastered ones for free, but if they are backwards compatible you can use the discs to play on the Series X (https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/backward-compatibility?xr=shellnav)
    The Series S will not have a disc drive so backwards compatible discs will not work and the games would have to be purchased digitally.
    Thank you very much for your quick answer. That made me narrow my console-to-buy future choice.

Best regards
Thema:

1. Is bo2 disc backwards compatible on Xbox series x? - Similar Threads - bo2 disc backwards

2. How can I stop BO2 from freezing in online multiplayer?!!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How can I stop BO2 from freezing in online multiplayer?!!: To kick things off, I’m on Xbox Series S, and my game freezes like PS3 did over the name changes freeze. However, it freezes in two spots and only when online. Create a class, and Team deathmatch...
  3. Season pass BO2

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Season pass BO2: Hi guys, i bought the season pass like 2 hours ago and when i try ti download the dlcs, it judt says error, and appears the state code 80153048, should i make a refund (?...
  4. Can’t download BO2 (xbox360) dlc through game with season pass.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can’t download BO2 (xbox360) dlc through game with season pass.: I got the season pass for bo2 and am trying to install the dlc through game because I can’t through the normal Xbox. However every very time I try to download the packs a 360 message appears...
  5. Backwards compatible games (like bo2 zombies) will not working on series x

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Backwards compatible games (like bo2 zombies) will not working on series x: So I am playing the backwards compatible BO2 zombies and about 10mins in to a game, it kicks me out saying that my sign-in status changed. This only happens when I play a custom game in zombies,...
  6. Hacked achievements in BO2.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hacked achievements in BO2.: Hey everyone. I recently moved to Xbox to go back and 100% some old favourites of my childhood and as I was playing Black Ops 2 a hacker ended up giving me 50% of the game's achievements onto my...
  7. cod bo2 dlcs not working

in XBoX Games and Apps
    cod bo2 dlcs not working: I have bought the cod bo2 season pass and i'm trying to download the map packs to play the dlc maps but it keeps saying "premium content is blocked for this profile" even though I have my profile...
  8. Xbox One not reading BO2 disc

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One not reading BO2 disc: Hi, my Xbox One is not reading my Black Ops 2 disc. My Xbox 360 has no problem reading the disc though. I tried hard resetting, cleaning the disc, etc. Nothing worked. I've seen other people...
  9. BO2 Disc: "This game is not playable here" error message

in XBoX Games and Apps
    BO2 Disc: "This game is not playable here" error message: Have BO2 on disc, tried hard resetting my X1, checking the disc on a 360 (loaded fine here), and restarting my router and no luck. Keep getting the error message "This game is not playable here,...
  10. It keeps saying "game error disc is unreadable" even tho I'm playing BO2 which is downloaded

in XBoX on Consoles
    It keeps saying "game error disc is unreadable" even tho I'm playing BO2 which is downloaded: For some reason when I play CoD BO 2 and when a match is over, it tells me "Game Error 1.Clean the disc with a soft cloth. 2.Restart the console." I don't know why its doing it when I bought...