Is downloading games on xbox one similar to on xbox 360 ?

Discus and support Is downloading games on xbox one similar to on xbox 360 ? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; So i have a code for killer instinct but i dont have an xbox one yet. Incase i dont get one before the code expires i want to recover my account on my... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by JasonDeJesus, Feb 14, 2014.

1. JasonDeJesus
    JasonDeJesus Guest

So i have a code for killer instinct but i dont have an xbox one yet. Incase i dont get one before the code expires i want to recover my account on my friends xbox and use the code. On xbox 360 if i did that then my friend would be able to use the stuff
    on his xbox and then if i went to download history then i could download it again on my xbox. The only difference being that on my xbox it only works if my account is signed in. I hope i didnt make that confusing. But basically im asking if i use the code
    on my friends xbox will i be able to download it later on my xbox one?

:)

JasonDeJesus, Feb 14, 2014
  2. IIlIlIllIl
    IIlIlIllIl Guest
    Can't download xcom through Xbox live gold

Try downloading XCOM on the Xbox 360 if you have one. After downloading the game on the Xbox 360 go back to the Xbox One and check your Ready to Install section by going to My games & apps then scrolling right and the game should be there waiting for you.

IIlIlIllIl, Feb 14, 2014
  3. Eskil JEA
    Eskil JEA Guest
    Downloading 360 Game on Xbox One

I have a gold membership which lets me buy games that are free. One of them is a 360 game, when i try to download it, it says “See Price”, and when i click “A” on it it says its free and when I hit A on the Continue option, it says my account can’t purchase
    it on Xbox.com, you need to continue this purchase on your Xbox One. I am trying to make the purchase on my Xbox One, but it wont let me. How do i download this game ?

Eskil JEA, Feb 14, 2014
  4. Is downloading games on xbox one similar to on xbox 360 ?

essentially yes. But when you download it later on to your own xbox one, you'll set that as your home xbox and your friend won't be able to play it any more. Not the full game anyway.

Skeeter Quill, Feb 20, 2014
  5. Skeeter Quill Win User

essentially yes. But when you download it later on to your own xbox one, you'll set that as your home xbox and your friend won't be able to play it any more. Not the full game anyway.
  6. ViniSerpa1 Win User

Not able to buy 360 'Games with Gold' games

I'm having a similar issue, when I try to download a Xbox 360 free game through the Xbox One, it says I "need to complete the action through my xbox", so I'm not able to get them.
  7. smileskybird Win User

Xbox One drops the Xbox Guide

@ Screaming... I'd imagine the user or other kids would still be able to give a command to the xbox to terminate the game. I enjoy the xbox guide menu but this time, you won't have to quit a game. Active downloads can be a nuisance on the Xbox 360 with game
    updates or add-ons. I still hope Xbox One uses a good interface very similar to Xbox 360's still though.
  8. DraconumCom Win User

Xbox Gift Card Balance Not in List of Payment Methods for Xbox 360 Store, but Works Fine with Xbox One Store

hi guys. I have a similar question:

I dont have a credit card, and have a xbox one with agold account. Is there a way to download the 360 games without a credit card or a 360 console?

because thegames are shown on the xbox one store but have a message saying they can only be bought on a bundle

thanks!
  9. MuskWOW Win User

Xbox 360 n Xbox 1 can it log in your gameprofile same time....

I have a question that is similar,

If I buy a movie or rent a movie on the Xbox video store, could I also download that on my Xbox 360 for the price of a one time purchase?
Thema:

1. Is downloading games on xbox one similar to on xbox 360 ? - Similar Threads - downloading games similar

2. Downloaded game title displays as ''My app title in LANGUAGE''

in XboX Insiders
    Downloaded game title displays as ''My app title in LANGUAGE'': I downloaded the game Colina Legacy but the title says ''My app title in LANGUAGE''. It appears as that everywhere apart from the recently placed home slot. I tried google'n it but there is...
  3. Gears 5 not downloading/starting Xbox Game Pass PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Gears 5 not downloading/starting Xbox Game Pass PC: Hello everyone, Wanted to see if there were any known fixes for the issues. So I have been playing Gears for since launch without any problems, but yesterday Gears 5 wouldn't let start. So when...
  4. Can't download games on xbox app on PC?

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't download games on xbox app on PC?: Hello I just got the Xbox ultimate game pass yesterday. I've tried downloading two games so far: Gears 5 and Metro Exodus. However both games are stuck at 1% with 0B/s. Initially they would...
  5. Game download bandwidth control

in XBoX on Windows
    Game download bandwidth control: I read a discussion from 2015 on this issue while Googling to see if the option was there. Why have you not chosen an option to allow users to set download bandwidth in Windows store or the xbox...
  6. no puedo descargar un juego de la store (I can't download a game from the store)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    no puedo descargar un juego de la store (I can't download a game from the store): buenas tardes, el problema que presento en estos momentos es la siguiente: tengo el xbox game pass y quiero descargar el gears of war 5 pero al querer hacer clic en instalar el cursor se convierte...
  7. Cannot access my Xbox game pass downloaded games - error 0x803f900a

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot access my Xbox game pass downloaded games - error 0x803f900a: I have had an Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscription for several months now. Been working fine then last Friday I started getting error 0x803f900a whenever I tried to run any of my free game pass...
  8. AC3 Remastered game patches don't show up for download

in XBoX Games and Apps
    AC3 Remastered game patches don't show up for download: Ubisoft directed me to contact XBox Support after first telling me they fixed the issue and then telling me they can't push patch downloads to the console. I have gone through all of the...
  9. microsoft store下载的游戏打开3秒后闪退 -[Translation - The game downloaded by microsoft store is...

in XBoX on Windows
    microsoft store下载的游戏打开3秒后闪退 -[Translation - The game downloaded by microsoft store is...: microsoft store下载的游戏打开3秒后闪退 -[Translation - The game downloaded by microsoft store is turned off after 3 seconds.] cfc2cfd4-341d-4ade-a8d9-69fd088884e4
  10. Can't download a game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't download a game: I purchased a game on my account however it was on my home xbox when I did. Now when I go to my home xbox I can't find the game on ready to install and when I go to the store it says I have to buy...