Is gaming now considered mainstream.

Discus and support Is gaming now considered mainstream. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I remember reading a while back that Gaming was overtaking Hollywood in terms of revenue so I would assume that by now it's larger making it more... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Bountyhunterxx5, May 12, 2019.

1. Is gaming now considered mainstream.

I remember reading a while back that Gaming was overtaking Hollywood in terms of revenue so I would assume that by now it's larger making it more mainstream than TV and movies.

:)

Bountyhunterxx5, May 12, 2019
  2. Tristan388 Win User

It does feel more mainstream now, there isn't as much of a stigma against gamers recently. There will always be the positives and negatives to the industry, but I believe we are moving forward!
  3. ScottTHEscammeR Win User

I think the fact that Detective Pikachu is the biggest movie this weekend proves its 100% mainstream now.
  4. AridLizard Win User

I would say that gaming is becoming mainstream but it isn't quite there yet.

but with games such as Red Dead Redemption, Grand Theft Auto, Elder Scrolls, Fallout and The Witcher having great stories that are entertaining in their own right, it will become easier for a mainstream audience to engage with them
  5. IRB Win User

I think there is still a divide between what people think of a gamers. Lots of casual players who play mobile games etc probably don't see themselves as games, although they are, but consider those who play pc / console more as games .
  6. CamicaziBoss Win User

I think games will continue to be looked down on as long as they are blamed for violence.
Thema:

1. Is gaming now considered mainstream. - Similar Threads - gaming considered mainstream

2. Xbox One download a game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One download a game: I downloaded a game and it blocks at 24% and it stops to download. when he stops, he says "for some unknown reason, the% 2 startup was too long. »(0x80070079) 2cd94adf-af5f-4eb9-9c08-fbcccceff286
  3. Eating and Gaming

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Eating and Gaming: Health and safety first of all. Eating well will benefit you and a good break is a must...plus eating the right way is a pleasure not a nuisance. f92f8f4f-71a4-412e-9509-cfb0d4c61075
  4. What was the last game you unlocked every achievement for?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    What was the last game you unlocked every achievement for?: The walking dead A new frontier and Thomas was alone. e4e52561-fc78-4ddb-ae1c-cf716c6f4b90
  5. Two Items I consider bugs in Windows 10 Games

in XBoX on Windows
    Two Items I consider bugs in Windows 10 Games: The first issue is the Sudoku. It appears that someone accidentally left in some 'debug' code and on the far left side of screen 'fps xxx' (frames per second) is shown. More than likely to help...
  6. jogo não conciderado do comprador (game not considered by the buyer)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    jogo não conciderado do comprador (game not considered by the buyer): meu colega comprou minecraft pelo digial pelo xbox one mesmo mais o jogo aparece que o jogo não é dele mais ele pode baixar,então não posso jogar esse jogo pois aparece que o jogo não é dele...
  7. Are Digital or Downloaded Video Games consider Emulator?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Are Digital or Downloaded Video Games consider Emulator?: Hello everyone!.. I know, This must be a weird question.. But even when I attempted to look online on different websites and on Youtube.. I was unable to find an answer to the question which is: '...
  8. What game do you think should be considered the game of the year 2015?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    What game do you think should be considered the game of the year 2015?: My choice is Star Wars Battlefront 2 03d9bc03-0816-46e8-b5ca-dc738e824e95
  9. Microsoft Considering Making Digital Games Cheaper

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft Considering Making Digital Games Cheaper: It's "on the agenda." Microsoft Considering Making Digital Games Cheaper - IGN 9c327a34-a042-46a0-b355-ca6402a86d82
  10. Microsoft Considering Making Digital Games Cheaper

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft Considering Making Digital Games Cheaper: I hope so, cause the only reason I don't go digital is because my employee discount at gamestop cant be used towards digital purchases... but if the digital were cheaper to begin with I'd say...