Is "Initiates" a Scam?

Discus and support Is "Initiates" a Scam? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hey, sign up for the "Initiates" program and you can get some extras in the game. Does it cost me anything to get these extras? Of course it does.... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Azrael008uk, Nov 19, 2014.

1. Azrael008uk
    Azrael008uk Guest

Is "Initiates" a Scam?

Hey, sign up for the "Initiates" program and you can get some extras in the game.

Does it cost me anything to get these extras?

Of course it does.

But if it's not money... what exactly is it?

In "Borderlands 3" if you registered with "SHIFT" you got fancy keys that would allow you to unlock quality rare gear for your level.

What it cost you was your privacy.

You gave Gearbox the right to pillage the data of your XBox AND your PC for pretty much all the information it could get, and then share this information with their "accredited third parties" (also known as people paying them money for your information).

So maybe if "Unity" had dangled a better carrot, like "Borderlands 3" did I might have not been as quick to question why they want me to sign up for a program that allows me to access the content of a game I've already paid for.

Just how much are we giving away to Ubisoft when we sign up?

Did anyone take the time to read some of the T&C?

:)

Azrael008uk, Nov 19, 2014
  2. FineDJ MARCO
    FineDJ MARCO Guest
    does not start the game

FineDJ MARCO, Nov 19, 2014
  3. TooFast23
    TooFast23 Guest
    Snow levalz?

[quote user="A Stupid Weasel"]

Please don't start it again. And to answer, no, I would not liek snow levalz

[/quote]
    Lol, he had to initiate the new forum.

...but yes, I want snow levalz!

TooFast23, Nov 19, 2014
  4. IngameInstincts Win User

Initiation Station

Great create a char tool but i am upset because they don;'t let you save your created char unless you are gold...is fine that they don't let you share but not chance to save is ridiculous. If i would know that i wouldn't waste my time downloading the demo.
  5. ASSASINO PAGATO Win User

Initiation Station

I have the Initiation Station, what you need is to go to www.gamespot.com have an account and in the xbox home page it says Initiation Station go there and youll have a code put the code in your xbox and youll have your Initiation Station hope it helps any
    questions or help please ask, no problem ill help ciao
  6. Savage One21P Win User

Initiation Station

gamespot is giving away codes for the intiation station
  7. Nick Of Troy Win User

Initiation Station

I guess it's only open at the moment to people that preordered Red Faction Armageddon?
  8. peckstar11 Win User

Initiation Station

Thema:

Is "Initiates" a Scam?

1. Is "Initiates" a Scam? - Similar Threads - Initiates Scam

2. Initial 1yr XBLive Converted. Can add 24mo more still convert?

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Initial 1yr XBLive Converted. Can add 24mo more still convert?: Greetings, I initially was ignorant and tentative regarding the XbLive Gold convert to Ultimate Game Pass (up to 36 mo) - therefore, being something new and ignorant to, I opted to play safe only...
  3. Initial X Box One setup hangs up

in XBoX on Consoles
    Initial X Box One setup hangs up: I got pretty far through the initial X Box One setup but it froze when I got to the screen which says "Next, you'll sign in with your Microsoft account" There is a green "Next" button, but I...
  4. Getting error message on initializing a game on Xbox Game Pass for PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Getting error message on initializing a game on Xbox Game Pass for PC: Hi everyone, I'm getting the following error message on trying to initialize Wasteland 3 on PC: Application folder: C:/Program...
  5. I found a possible solution for Xbox One S/X not reading discs upon initial boot.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I found a possible solution for Xbox One S/X not reading discs upon initial boot.: So I've recently had an issue with 2 consecutive Xbox One S consoles not acknowledging that there is a disc in the drive after booting up from energy saving mode, and still wouldn't recognize...
  6. I have Disk for Modern Warfare but requires ?? 100GB initial update - can I download...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have Disk for Modern Warfare but requires ?? 100GB initial update - can I download...: I bought Disk for Modern Warfare but requires ?? 100GB initial update?? I can only play offline because of the cost ad bandwidth on Hughes Sat Internet Can I download the initial update...
  7. Xbox won't do initial update

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox won't do initial update: Brand new Xbox out of the box can't get it to download can't play the games I bought can't do nothing with it cuz it won't install the initial update I've tried a bunch of different things still...
  8. Xbox One refusing to take initial update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One refusing to take initial update: I'm starting up an Xbox One console for the first time, but I keep getting the "there was a problem with the update" (error code: 0x80072f8f 0x00000000 0x00000201), despite my console connecting...
  9. Xbox One X doesn’t want to update during initial set up.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X doesn’t want to update during initial set up.: Hi guys, just purchased Xbox One X for my kid and this [Mod removed- inappropriate] doesn’t work from the box. What do i need to do to update it? Its very frustrating to purchase 650$ product and...
  10. Xbox Game Pass PC error 0x8007001f when installing games initially

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Pass PC error 0x8007001f when installing games initially: I tried to install Slay The Spire and Dead Cells and both gave error 0x8007001f at the end of the download. Other games have installed properly, Forza and Outer Worlds. If I try to reinstall they...