Is it fine if I unplugged my console while it was set to Instant On?

Discus and support Is it fine if I unplugged my console while it was set to Instant On? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I turned off my Xbox One when it was set to Instant On and then unplugged it. Not sure but is it totally fine? Are you supposed to set the console to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by keebizzle, May 29, 2014.

1. keebizzle
    keebizzle Guest

I turned off my Xbox One when it was set to Instant On and then unplugged it. Not sure but is it totally fine? Are you supposed to set the console to Energy-saving mode before unplugging it?

:)

keebizzle, May 29, 2014
  2. TexasStuBaby
    TexasStuBaby Guest
    Xbox One going into "energy saving" mode sometimes, even when I have "instant on" selected

This has happened several times lately. I have my console set for "instant on". However, occasionally, when I turn it off, the Xbox logo will pulse for a while. I know this is because it may be communicating with Live for some stuff. However, it
    seems like when this happens, and the Xbox finally shuts down, it powers down completely, and does not stay in "instant on". Just curious if this may be normal. The console seems to be working fine in all other departments.

TexasStuBaby, May 30, 2014
  3. Power brick goes orange when Xbox One is off?

Hi TheMadGamerMan

What setting is your console set to instant on or energy saver? If set to instant on would mean your power brick light stays white all the time unless unplugged, Energy saver means the light is orange when the console is off and white when on. As far as
    your console being plugged into a pwr strip its all on the consoles owners choice.

SilentGamer895, May 30, 2014
  4. Bazajaytee
    Bazajaytee Guest

Unplugging the console while set to Instant On is fine. The console is in "stand by" while in Instant On so is pulling very little power compared to when it is fully on. You can of course power down the console by pressing and holding the Xbox logo on the
    front of console until it shuts down and the power brick light turns orange before unplugging if you really want but it isn't a requirement.

I would suggest unplugging from the wall rather than pulling the cable out of the console or power brick while it is still plugged in though.

Bazajaytee, Jun 1, 2014
  5. Bazajaytee Win User

Unplugging the console while set to Instant On is fine. The console is in "stand by" while in Instant On so is pulling very little power compared to when it is fully on. You can of course power down the console by pressing and holding the Xbox logo on the
    front of console until it shuts down and the power brick light turns orange before unplugging if you really want but it isn't a requirement.

I would suggest unplugging from the wall rather than pulling the cable out of the console or power brick while it is still plugged in though.
  6. {Parity} Win User

Xbox one X right shutdown

Unplugging it while in instant on mode won't harm the console. However, if you are planning on unplugging it on a regular basis there is no reason to put it in instant on mode as that would effectively defeat the purpose of putting it in instant on mode.
    Unplugging it would have no different effect than a power failure while in instant on mode.

Hope this helps. Good Luck.
  7. Mc Cheshire Cat Win User

Installation stopped - again and again - no disc

Id try the usb install thing once more after leaving it unplugged from the mains for half hour or so and unplug any hdd’s etc before trying to reinstall mine did that once was close to smashing it but it did come back to life eventually and has been fine
    since setting the power to eco mode. I dunno if theres issues with instant on or not but seems weird its been fine since. Definately unplug from for mains for a while and try once more.
  8. IRB Win User

BAMN! Time to update! No choice!

@Daft Badger I have my console set to Instant On but got this forced update message too recently while watching TV with the other half. Instant On doesn't always solve the problem.
  9. StuartATrueRed Win User

Red Dead Redemption 2 Installation

Hi, is your console power settings set to instant on? If so, then chances are the console automatically downloaded it while it was turned off.
Thema:

1. Is it fine if I unplugged my console while it was set to Instant On? - Similar Threads - fine unplugged console

2. My headset is perfectly fine and working but xbox doesnt recognise it

in XBoX Accessibility
    My headset is perfectly fine and working but xbox doesnt recognise it: check my next responce in the comments of this post below for more detail so i recently bought a new controller 2 days ago , brand new, and i bought it as i thought there was an issue with my...
  3. Fortnite download slow but other games download fine

in XBoX on Consoles
    Fortnite download slow but other games download fine: Fortnite update downloading at around 1000kb/s - 2mb/s while others at 55 mb/s any fix? Tried updating other games and they downloaded fine. 320e0d09-b55e-4a55-9411-bb89529d6547
  4. You had one job xbox status says everithing its fine Well.. Its not

in XBoX on Consoles
    You had one job xbox status says everithing its fine Well.. Its not: Hi theres a gigantic problem with xbox live now and the status page says everithing its fine nice way to Lose credibility for a multibillion company c7ea0953-f63e-4fb7-ae08-9347905ce575
  5. Dropped Xbox One S - Still working, should Everything be fIne?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Dropped Xbox One S - Still working, should Everything be fIne?: I dropped my Xbox One S whilst moving the TV, the console was on at the time and didn't turn off or anything after dropping it. The game I was playing was still on. So there appears to be no...
  6. Why can't I sign in? I can sign in fine on the Microsoft website but on this page, after...

in XboX Insiders
    Why can't I sign in? I can sign in fine on the Microsoft website but on this page, after...: [IMG] submitted by /u/10Fudges [link] [comments]
  7. Can play Xbox one games Online fine but not Xbox 360 games... [SOLVED]

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can play Xbox one games Online fine but not Xbox 360 games... [SOLVED]: First of all there are no restrictions on my account, I've checked now several times, It's birthdate is over 25 years old and all settings is set to "allow", no restrictions whatsoever, yet I'm...
  8. Unable to remove mute and headset not working. Was working fine a few days ago. Help please

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unable to remove mute and headset not working. Was working fine a few days ago. Help please: Unable to get rid of mute. And headset just stopped working on xbox. Does work on laptop. Tried online help. Any real way to get this work? 44daf2a2-e349-450e-ae0a-582b1c6c1694
  9. Minecraft Marketplace worlds not loading but regular ones work fine....

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft Marketplace worlds not loading but regular ones work fine....: so basically i recently brought a few world and skin packs from the marketplace for my Xbox one and they were all working until i brought and tried to open the Esta Noche template and it instantly...
  10. My xbox wont load the disk when it is fine

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox wont load the disk when it is fine: The xbox wont load my disk 2a40b0de-86a3-45cb-90c5-f51bb469d154