Is it my power supply? Is it my 360?? Is it both!??!

Discus and support Is it my power supply? Is it my 360?? Is it both!??! in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Xbox was working just fine last night, came home from work this morning and tried to turn it on and nothing...not even an attempt. I peered over at my... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by InvaderOfBunnie, Jun 19, 2014.

1. Is it my power supply? Is it my 360?? Is it both!??!

Xbox was working just fine last night, came home from work this morning and tried to turn it on and nothing...not even an attempt. I peered over at my power supply and noticed it wasn't on. I unplugged it from the surge protector
    and from the xbox and plugged the power supply into the wall, the light turned orange. I waited a few seconds and plugged it into the xbox, and the light turned off and the xbox won't turn on. The power supply (fan?) Is whirring but that's about it as far
    as signs of life.

Is this my power supply?

Or has my 360 become a paper weight? Is it my power supply? Is it my 360?? Is it both!??! :(

Xbox is a 360 S model.

I also do not have another power supply to test it out....

:)

InvaderOfBunnie, Jun 19, 2014
  2. bigbrojosh05
    bigbrojosh05 Guest
    Is it my internet??

We attempted to download a game for my son on his new xbox 360. after 5+ hours, there was hardly any progress, and the console kept shutting off(power saving mode i assume). yesterday, and today we are unable to even obtain an internet connection on the
    system. I looked into my internet service, and we pay for a 10mbps speed, but the "speed test" reports back that we are only upstreaming 3.60mbps. Could this be the issue??

bigbrojosh05, Jun 19, 2014
  3. Is it my Xbox?

Everytime I'm in a party on my own my mic works but when my friend joins the party I keep getting disconnected. I tried a different mic but it did the same thing. I checked my connection and the NAT type was on open. I need some help because it's starting
    to annoy me not being able to talk to anybody!

BicuspidGore52, Jun 19, 2014
  4. Kiesey
    Kiesey Guest

Hey, can you please try the power supply in another outlet? make sure all connections are firm from the power supply into the console. If they are and the light turns orange when plugged in and then the power light turns off it sounds like a power supply
    issue and you would need to get the power supply replaced.

Kiesey, Jun 20, 2014
  5. Kiesey Win User

Hey, can you please try the power supply in another outlet? make sure all connections are firm from the power supply into the console. If they are and the light turns orange when plugged in and then the power light turns off it sounds like a power supply
    issue and you would need to get the power supply replaced.
  6. Tangell0 Win User

Mailing in my power supply

You should mail both just to be safe as you will probably be mailed a whole new power supply.
  7. Wildy94 Win User

My XBOX Power Supply

It means either your cable isn't connected properly or it is faulty. Make sure both ends of the cable are secure. Hope this helps
  8. Tangell0 Win User

yes you need to send both parts of the cable, the plug is not considered an accessorey but is part of the equipment being repaired. you will get a whole new brick (plug and all) once you send it in.
  9. AvoidingList4 Win User

They say not to add any extra accessories and I can't figure out how anal they'll be about that... I'm siding toward sending both cables in but I wish I could get a definitive answer (possibly if somebody recently had a similar replacement done).
Thema:

1. Is it my power supply? Is it my 360?? Is it both!??! - Similar Threads - power supply 360

2. Power Supply Cord for Xbox 360 S Console - Model 1439

in XBoX on Consoles
    Power Supply Cord for Xbox 360 S Console - Model 1439: All, I need help in getting replacement power supply for my Xbox 360 S Console Model 1439. The power cord which came along with the original box is gone due to voltage difference. My original...
  3. Xbox 360 Power Supply

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Power Supply: Okay. So i have a xbox 360 s. When I plug the power supply directly into the wall, the brick comes on with an orange light. When I turn the Xbox on the light changes to green, like normal. But...
  4. xBox 360 S Power Supply Orange Light

in XBoX on Consoles
    xBox 360 S Power Supply Orange Light: I realize that this 360 S is rather ancient, but I'd really like to try to fix it if it's a simple thing. The orange standby light is the only light that will display. I've done all the suggested...
  5. Power Supply Adapter Cable for Xbox 360 Kinect Sensor

in XBoX on Consoles
    Power Supply Adapter Cable for Xbox 360 Kinect Sensor: Where can I find a Power Supply Adapter Cable for Xbox 360 Kinect Sensor? 351c8f5c-e0dd-487e-bedb-7eb002be98e3
  6. New Xbox 360 Power supply unit

in XBoX on Consoles
    New Xbox 360 Power supply unit: Hi! i need to buy a new power supply unit for my Xbox 360 Slim to use in Canada. I contacted the Xbox Hardware support and i was told that they no longer have a 360 power unit but they have...
  7. Xbox 360 Power Supply

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Power Supply: I have a 360 console. I know there is mixed answers on these questions depending on the user and their location. Does the Xbox 360 power brick have a built in surge protector? Is it necessary...
  8. Power Supply broken 360

in XBoX on Consoles
    Power Supply broken 360: Can i replace the power cable. for. Xbox. 360 THE WHOLLE THING 0735c7b7-bec3-4108-9049-402be67d998b
  9. Canadian Xbox 360 in France. Power supply issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Canadian Xbox 360 in France. Power supply issues: Hello everybody! I'm in need of advices. I bought a Xbox 360 slim in Montréal and now I live in France. I tried to plug it in and the power supply started to burn. I'm wondering if it is safe...
  10. xbox 360 kinect faulty power supply or camera

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox 360 kinect faulty power supply or camera: hi all just wondering does the LED on the power supply of the xbox 360 kinect light up even without the camera plugged in? im trying to determine whether my power supply has blown or the camera...