Is it ok for the Xbox Elite Series 2 controller's battery health to be left on the dock...

Discus and support Is it ok for the Xbox Elite Series 2 controller's battery health to be left on the dock... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; According to the charging section of the Xbox Elite Series 2 controller, under the section titled "How to care for your controller's battery": The... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by cbrngrz255, Apr 19, 2022.

1. cbrngrz255
    cbrngrz255 Guest

Is it ok for the Xbox Elite Series 2 controller's battery health to be left on the dock...

According to the charging section of the Xbox Elite Series 2 controller, under the section titled "How to care for your controller's battery":

• The controller can be plugged in indefinitely if you prefer to play with a wired connection. This won’t affect your battery even if it’s at 100%.
    Does this apply to the dock as well?

Is it ok to dock the controller after every use, even though it charges the battery each time? (i.e. will this negatively effect the battery health?)

:)

cbrngrz255, Apr 19, 2022
  2. cbrngrz255 Win User

Is it ok for the Xbox Elite Series 2 controller's battery health to be left on the dock indefinitely?

I'm aware of standard best practices for batteries, but considering their charging section specifically says it's ok for the controller to be plugged in via cable while at 100%, it makes me think the device has some sort of internal battery manager. That's why I am here, hoping someone can confirm whether or not this is also applicable to being on the charging dock.

I would like to place my controller on the dock while not in use for display purposes, etc. but don't want to ruin the battery in doing so.
  3. SwordofWhedon Win User

Is it ok for the Xbox Elite Series 2 controller's battery health to be left on the dock indefinitely?

As far as functionality goes, yes. If you have a rechargeable battery you should remove it from the charger once it's complete, as the constant topping off is not good for the battery
  4. DonDizzz Win User

Xbox controller Elite series 2 disconnecting issues

My Elite version 2 controller has never disconnected but the internal battery will NOT charge. It is a brick unless it is plugged in with the USB wire or sitting on the charging dock. when plugged in or on charging dock the white LED light blinks but never
    goes to a solid light even after 10 hours sitting on the charge dock. I've never seen the LED light go to color "amber" to signify it has a low battery. 180$ for a wired controller less than 8 months old.

I contacted support they told me it would bee 100$ to REPAIR!! because my 90 day warranty was up lol. 90 days for a controller they say "should last a lifetime".....

oh and option #2 they sent me a link to buy an Xbox "play and charge kit" ...lol for an Elite Series 2. The Elite Series 2 that has an INTERNAL BATTERY!

I am beyond pissed off and I get everyone's frustrations on this thread. This is all after going through 4 series 1 elite controllers.

To me it's absolutely UNACCEPTABLE that Microsoft wont at the least repair these controllers that are defective. Not broken but defective. And I mean repair for free or shipping charge ONLY.
  5. XBF Diego M Win User

Manette élite série 2, la batterie ? [Translation-Elite 2 series controller, the battery?]

Hi matthieucarlot,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. I'd be happy to answer your questions.

Yes, the charging dock will be included with the controller. The battery is internal so you cannot change it.

You can play and charge the controller's battery with the USB-C cable, so it should never die on you while playing if you have it plugged in to the Xbox. You can continue to charge the controller when not playing while stored in the case using the cable,
    or you can use the charging dock when outside of the case. The cable is pretty long at 9 feet.

You can find all of this information from the
    Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2
    website.

I hope this helps!
  6. Buick GSX Win User

Xbox series x controller charger

Hi AJStrucel! The Series 2 controller has a built-in battery pack and the charging port on the top of the controller is of the USB-C type. It also comes with a charging dock that plugs via the USB-C cable to your Xbox or PC on top of which you rest the controller.
    The charging port on the dock lines up with holes on the back of the controller just below where the batteries of a normal controller are located.

I hope this helps!
Thema:

1. Is it ok for the Xbox Elite Series 2 controller's battery health to be left on the dock... - Similar Threads - Elite Series controller's

2. Enhance paddle mapping for the Xbox Elite Series 2 controller

in XboX Insiders
    Enhance paddle mapping for the Xbox Elite Series 2 controller: The Elite Series 2 has an interesting feature that allows a paddle button to be remapped to act like a shift key. This feature tells us a bit about the hardware itself. (A) The hardware is capable...
  3. Enhance paddle mapping for the Xbox Elite Series 2 controller

in XboX Insiders
    Enhance paddle mapping for the Xbox Elite Series 2 controller: The Elite Series 2 has an interesting feature that allows a paddle button to be remapped to act like a shift key. This feature tells us a bit about the hardware itself. (A) The hardware is capable...
  4. Xbox Game Pass Hitman 3 does not detect triggers on Xbox Elite Series 2 controller...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Game Pass Hitman 3 does not detect triggers on Xbox Elite Series 2 controller...: Issue: Elite Series 2 controller LT/RT are not detected in Hitman 3 game from Game Pass Details: I've seen the posts and solutions around this on PC with the Epic Games Store and Steam,...
  5. Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller: Not really sure where to go about posting something like this, so apologies if this isn't correct. Almost two months ago I bought an Elite Series 2 controller from the Microsoft website...
  6. Xbox Elite Controller Input Lag - Xbox Series X

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Elite Controller Input Lag - Xbox Series X: Has anybody else had an issue with their elite controllers being laggy at certain points? I’ve played Rainbow Six Siege for years now and about 2/3months ago, it started to be really laggy at the...
  7. Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 - Broken Again.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 - Broken Again.: Hi, My Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 had to be sent off to be repaired/replaced at the end of 2021 for bumper issues. Five months later and the same issue has happened again but I now...
  8. Elite series 2 controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite series 2 controller: So probably something that everyone that owns this controller have gone through, but I had stick drift on my left thumbstick and right bumper issues. My controller fell out of warranty so I paid...
  9. Elite series 2 controller

in XBoX Accessibility
    Elite series 2 controller: My Elite series 2 controllers left joystick is drifting without being prompted to do so. What is the fix? It’s less than 6 months old 9fbf4259-515b-4254-915a-01b49e82248c
  10. Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 lagging PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 lagging PC: Hi, I'm having problems with the Elite controller series 2 lagging my PC for example in Elden Ring and even in light games like Brawhalla. It all started when I tried to cast to my Nvidia Shield...