Is it possible my xbox is fried?

Discus and support Is it possible my xbox is fried? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; This is probably a first heard of case but, when I woke up this morning I had seen that my cat threw up on the solid top part of the xbox, the disc... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Tiger Eyes33, Jun 2, 2014.

1. Tiger Eyes33
    Tiger Eyes33 Guest

This is probably a first heard of case but, when I woke up this morning I had seen that my cat threw up on the solid top part of the xbox, the disc tray was also opened so a bit of vomit got on the tray as well. It had been on I wanna say roughly 4-6 hours
    maybe because it happened while I was asleep. I tried to turn it off but it wouldn't respond so I unplugged it, cleaned it off and it didn't look like anything got inside, and I just let it cool a couple hours. I plugged it back in and now it won't turn on
    and the disc tray is still open. I had tried switching the power box with the other xbox to see if it would turn on but it still won't turn on! Do I need to maybe get an extra power supply or maybe try it at a different wall outlet?

:)

Tiger Eyes33, Jun 2, 2014
  2. Is it Possible...

Oh, sorry. Is it possible my xbox is fried? :p I live around an hour from there.

I don't think I've lagged before, because I've been playing the same games I do now, and have rarely lagged until recently. And if it is because of playing with people far from where I live, why hasn't this affected me before, and is there a way to make
    it so I play with players more local to where I live?

Flying Cattle, Jun 2, 2014
  3. Is it Possible...

**Update**

My NAT Type is now OPEN, and I get full bars when I am connected to Xbox LIVE, yet I still tend to lag quite a bit. I am not understanding why I still lag.

Flying Cattle, Jun 2, 2014
  4. Daft Badger
    Daft Badger Guest

I'd try both of those first,if they don't work then your console may be dead.

Daft Badger, Jun 2, 2014
  5. Daft Badger Win User

I'd try both of those first,if they don't work then your console may be dead.
  6. SammieChaos Win User

Is it possible give my xbox 360 to my son?

You can just make him his own account and sign it in on the Xbox 360. I'd also suggest making him a

child's account
    depending on his age, this way thing's don't get accidently purchased.
  7. Smwutches Win User

If he lives in the same house as you do , you can even let him play on your account.
    It would be better to create his own account. Especially if he is younger and parental controls need to be put in place. Plus it would be better for his progress to be tied to his own account to avoid problems in the future.
  8. Smwutches Win User

Yes. And it is just as simple as creating a new account for him.
  9. MuNawa Win User

Your son can absolutely have your old 360. You can choose to return your XBox360 to its original state by deleting any content you previously downloaded (i.e. games, apps, profiles). If your son in younger and you feel parental settings are a must, you can
    still have them applied to your 360 when you give it to him.

I would suggest having your son create his own Xbox account (if he is of age), this will allow him to create his own save files on games he plays and it will not interfere with any you have created under your profile.

You can still have your own profile logged into the 360 so you don't lose your content. This would be separate from your son's account so the two won't mesh, thus leading to confusion on whose save file is whose.
Thema:

1. Is it possible my xbox is fried? - Similar Threads - possible fried

2. Possible fix for update error!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Possible fix for update error!: I too had the same update problem. This is how I fixed mine. Once the error message appeared, I chose the stay offline option. I went to settings > network settings, go online. I then went to...
  3. [Possible Bug] On Screen Keyboard Not Working Correctly

in XboX Insiders
    [Possible Bug] On Screen Keyboard Not Working Correctly: Hello, I am in the Alpha Skip Ahead ring, and while trying to submit feedback the On Screen Keyboard isn't functioning as it should. While using my controller to type it autocorrects, and then...
  4. Why isn't it possible to buy a Microsoft Xbox One power supply unit?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why isn't it possible to buy a Microsoft Xbox One power supply unit?: Hi, I have an Xbox one with a PSU that finally gave up the ghost recently. The Xbox is out of warranty, which is fine, but I still want to get a proper MS replacement PSU as I've heard bad things...
  5. Is it possible to remove an owned trial version of a game?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is it possible to remove an owned trial version of a game?: Sometime ago I got a trial for gears of war 4 but never got the chance to install it and play. And now recently gears of war 4 full game was given with games with gold this August. So i decided to...
  6. Possible Phising ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Possible Phising ?: @21:25 Oktober 7 i have received on this account which is linked to my email that said that my account was terminated and would have to click some links which is bonker since i was like just...
  7. Can Microsoft unlock/update a no longer possible achievement?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can Microsoft unlock/update a no longer possible achievement?: I am playing through Saints Row the Third right now and trying to 100% the achievements. I have a few more to clean up but one is to upload a character to the online server. At the time I started...
  8. Is it possible to get back a Lost GamerTag that is tied to an email address I am using for...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is it possible to get back a Lost GamerTag that is tied to an email address I am using for...: I have a unique issue. A few years ago when MS had the Live.com Profile pages, much like Facebook, I had an account that also became an Xbox account. The name I used for that account was the...
  9. is it possible to use microsoft account credit as partial payment

in XBoX Games and Apps
    is it possible to use microsoft account credit as partial payment: Hello all. I have a question i'm not sure if this has been asked before but. is it possible to use microsoft account credit as partial payment for purchases on the xbox microsoft console store...
  10. Request to make it possible to transfer saves from 360 to ONE with USB

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Request to make it possible to transfer saves from 360 to ONE with USB: I'd like to request and suggest to make it possible to transfer save files for backwards compatible games from 360 to ONE with USB stick. It seems really unnecessary to buy Live Gold just for...