is it possible to connect a wireless xbox 360 controller to a xbox one wireless receiver?

Discus and support is it possible to connect a wireless xbox 360 controller to a xbox one wireless receiver? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; so ive been looking for a way to connect my xbox 360 guitar controller to my pc so i can use it, but on accident i bought the xbox one wireless... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by jordysars, Sep 20, 2018.

1. jordysars
    jordysars Guest

is it possible to connect a wireless xbox 360 controller to a xbox one wireless receiver?

so ive been looking for a way to connect my xbox 360 guitar controller to my pc so i can use it, but on accident i bought the xbox one wireless receiver, are they compatible? i really hope so.

thanks already

:)

jordysars, Sep 20, 2018
  2. MerlinKM
    MerlinKM Guest
    Windows 10

Was it the official Xbox 360 or Xbox One controller? For the Xbox 360 wireless controller, an adapter is required. For Xbox One, the original Xbox One controller will only work when wired. For the One S controller, you can connect it via bluetooth.

MerlinKM, Sep 20, 2018
  3. xboxfelix
    xboxfelix Guest
    What is Xbox LIVE?

Xbox LIVE provides you with the most amazing entertainment experience through the Xbox 360 console. You can download and play games, get instant access to a large collection of games and music, and connect with your friends.

Wireless connection

You can connect your Xbox 360 console to Xbox LIVE without the need for any network cables. There is a wireless network in place that your Xbox 360 console can use.

Requirements
    • An Xbox 360 Wireless Networking Adapter (only available with the original Xbox 360 console).
    • A wireless access point, gateway or router that is compatible with Xbox LIVE.
    • High Speed Internet connection, preferably DSL or cable.

Note: It is not advisable to use Satellite, 3G or 4G mobile connections due to the possibility of slow performance or lag.

xboxfelix, Sep 20, 2018
  4. XBF Nestor S
    XBF Nestor S Guest

Hey jordysars,

Unfortunately they use different drivers so no they are not compatible. The best thing to do is go back to point of purchase and see if they would exchange it

XBF Nestor S, Sep 20, 2018
  5. gds1972 Win User

xbox one controller on pc

Hi

I don't think it is possible to use the Xbox 360 wireless receiver with an Xbox One controller. If your PC has Bluetooth then it is possible to connect some Xbox One controllers to a PC this way.
  6. ChiefJoboo Win User

Connecting a xbox360 controller to a pc thru xbox360

No that is not possible to connect a controller to your PC through your console. You will need the Xbox 360 wireless USB receiver for windows or buy a pure wired USB xbox 360 controller (microsoft and 3rd party ones available and all will work).

The play and charge USB cable for xbox 360 controllers does not make a wireless controller wired as it only transfers power and not data.

You could buy an xbox one wireless controller that is newer and has bluetooth and connect it to your PC directly as seen on this page: :

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-on-windows/accessories/connect-xbox-one-controller-to-pc

You can also use an xbox one wireless controller of any type (with or without bluetooth) with a Micro USB cable on a PC as well. THAT wire does make the xbox one wireless controller act as a wired controller while connected via Micro USB.
  7. WPAK Win User

Xbox 360 Controller to PC Connection???

Hi there,

are you trying to connect a wired Xbox 360 controller or are you using a wireless 360 controller via the play and charge cable.

If it is the wireless controller that you will need a wireless received in order to connect it to a PC, the cable is only used to charge the wireless controller battery pack.

If the controller is a wired controller or you need more information on using a wireless controller then be sure to check the steps and possible requirements on this link:

https://support.xbox.com/xbox-on-windows/accessories/xbox-controller-for-windows-setup

Let us know the results
  8. KALEEF Win User

anyone help me my wireless headset is stuck on port 2 and wont sync to port 1

Turn off and disconnect all controllers from the Xbox 360 and disconnect the wireless headsets from the controllers.

Connect the wireless headset to the Xbox 360 using the USB cable. Turn on the wireless headset.

Sync the headset to quadrant 1 by pressing the "Connect" button on the on the Xbox 360. Then press the "Connect" button on the wireless headset for two seconds. Do not continue to press the "Connect" button on the wireless headset, as this will change the
    quadrant to which it is connected. If the headset now works without the controllers attached, the problem must be with one of your controllers. If the headset still does not work, then the problem is with the headset.
  9. Mister Maka Win User

Microsoft Wireless Desktop Receiver 3.1 (Model: 1028) to use with XBOX 360 wireless controller

Heya LORD LWAJDI!

That particular receiver is for use with Microsoft Wireless Keyboard and Mice. I'm afraid you wouldn't be able to connect an Xbox 360 Wireless controller with it. In order to connect a wireless controller you would need to purchase the Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver
    for PC.
Thema:

1. is it possible to connect a wireless xbox 360 controller to a xbox one wireless receiver? - Similar Threads - possible connect wireless

2. No es posible conectarse a tu red inalámbrica[translation-It is Not possible to connect to...

in XBoX on Consoles
    No es posible conectarse a tu red inalámbrica[translation-It is Not possible to connect to...: Mi xbox one s puede conectarse a xbox live apenas ayer si podia hoy no también me salio un error de DNHS [Translation-My Xbox One S can connect to Xbox Live just yesterday if I could not also I...
  3. There is no server connection,..but my internet is okay ,.. how is this possible??/

in XBoX Games and Apps
    There is no server connection,..but my internet is okay ,.. how is this possible??/: Is there something wrong ,.. i can not get a connection with the server? 568f55d1-3766-458e-a9dc-c2f1f8883794
  4. Is it possible to connect a Xbox One X to a sound card in a PC via S/PDIF?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is it possible to connect a Xbox One X to a sound card in a PC via S/PDIF?: Would it be possible to connect a Xbox One X to a sound card in a PC via S/PDIF? I want to be able to run the Xbox's audio through the sound card to which I have my headphones connected....
  5. Help connecting to university network: using wifi adapter and vpn possible?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Help connecting to university network: using wifi adapter and vpn possible?: HI everyone, I'm a poor university student who just got gifted an xbox one s. Unfortunately my university does NOT allow the connection of game consoles. The university also doesn't allow...
  6. Is it possible to play head to head with another Xbox One without an internet connection?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is it possible to play head to head with another Xbox One without an internet connection?: My family camps quite a bit in areas without any cell phone service or internet connection. We want to play multiplayer games in our RV with two Xbox One consoles. Is this possible? Thank you in...
  7. Xbox wont connect to xbl possible insider content issue.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wont connect to xbl possible insider content issue.: Hello, whenever I turn my xbox on it signs my profile in but does not connect to my wifi. When I disconnect and re add my connection it does not connect and says to unplug it for 30 seconds before...
  8. Not possible to connect to xboxlive from xbox 360

in XBoX on Consoles
    Not possible to connect to xboxlive from xbox 360: Hello, my microsoft account isn't configure with 2 steps of verification ! On my XboxOne, i can connect to xboxlive, but on my xbox360 i can't, i have the error 8015D002 (about the 2 steps of...
  9. Is it possible to play offline without internet connection?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is it possible to play offline without internet connection?: My account doesn't allow me to play all my games offline. Everytime i try to sign in on my account, it says that I need to be connected to xbox live. But isn't it really stupid that i can't play...
  10. Xbox one controller won't connect wirelessly.... possible solution

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one controller won't connect wirelessly.... possible solution: I don't know if anyone else has found this, but when my controller refuses to connect by wireless, I disconnect the headseat from the controller, and then it will connect within seconds. After it...