Is it possible to install an external graphics card in a surface laptop go?

Discus and support Is it possible to install an external graphics card in a surface laptop go? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have a Surface Laptop Go, model 1943. I’m trying to emulate some old games on it, but the default specs won’t cut it. Is there any way I can get an... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by ScottyFoxes, May 28, 2022.

1. ScottyFoxes
    ScottyFoxes Guest

I have a Surface Laptop Go, model 1943. I’m trying to emulate some old games on it, but the default specs won’t cut it. Is there any way I can get an external graphics card for this model? If so, where do I start?

:)

ScottyFoxes, May 28, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today Scotty

Actually you can use an external GPU on this device due to thunderbolt 4 / usb-c port

Now you need to grab the desired eGPU that you want.

In case you need more info you can check this article*:

https://www.windowscentral.com/can-surface-lapt....

This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.
  3. Jay S1928 Win User

XBOX one as external dvd player

unfortunatly this is not possible you can how ever use the xbox as a dvd player and at times possible connect your laptop to the xbox via HDMI cord and use your laptop through the xbox's graphics card, but to answer the question it is not possible to use
    you xbox as a external dvd drive
  4. ArminatorX Win User

FH501

Would it be possible to tell us what graphics chip is installed in your Omen Laptop?

You can find that information on the second Tab of DXDiag (the "Display" tab).

Also, what graphics card driver version is installed?

It might also be, that the game incorrectly tries to launch with the Intel integrated GPU instead of the dedicated gaming graphics chip.

Try to launch the Nvidia or AMD Catalyst control panel, and add the Game executable to the list of games that require the dedicated graphics chip.

Also, make sure your Laptop is connected to the charger. Most gaming laptops turn off the dedicated graphics if the laptop is running on battery power, as the dedicated graphics draw A LOT of power. On battery, your Laptop would only run barely an hour,
    if games like Forza were running on it without the charger attached.
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

Can i change my display card?

Hi,

I don't know the exact specs of the i7 based Surface Pro 4, but either way it's not a gaming type tablet/laptop hybrid. And if you're thinking about MSF2020, forget it, your device isn't good enough.

Surface Pro 4 can not be upgraded. It doesn't have a dedicated graphics display card anyway. The graphics on these are part of the CPU which would mean an Intel HD 520 or Intel Iris 540. They're not meant for high end games.

Sorry.
  6. 牛奶白 Win User

游玩Gears5时程序崩溃 [Translate] Program crashes when playing Gear5

I'm sorry my English is terrible. I'll try my best to convey my meaning to you.

I installed it on disk E,But my other laptop is also installed on non-system discs.

That laptop is Win10 Home,Not join the windows insider program.

Capable of running the game.The graphics card is GTX1060(436.30).

The graphics card of this computer that can't run GEARS5 is RTX2080TI(436.30).

So. Any other suggestions?

Thank you very much for your reply.
Thema:

1. Is it possible to install an external graphics card in a surface laptop go? - Similar Threads - possible install external

2. Would it be possible to install drivers made for Windows 10/11 on the Xbox One's OS? It's...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Would it be possible to install drivers made for Windows 10/11 on the Xbox One's OS? It's...: Is it even possible to run MSI files or EXE files in developer mode on Xbox? If so, I bet I could get my One by Wacom working on Xbox. I'm gonna see in a few months what Developer Mode can...
  3. Overwatch Unable to Install - Disc possibly Unusable

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Overwatch Unable to Install - Disc possibly Unusable: When trying to insert my (honestly very old) disc copy of Overwatch Origins Edition (XB1), I keep getting the error that it is damaged and or unreadable. I tried to insert the disc, then tried...
  4. Possible Installation error

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Possible Installation error: [img] So as you can see in this screenshot, on the left it shows Doom Eternal as downloading but it doesn't show it in my install queue and I'm not sure whether it's actually installing it or if...
  5. One Installation for 2 Accounts on one PC possible?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    One Installation for 2 Accounts on one PC possible?: Hello, is it possible to use an installation on a PC with two users? Constellation: Father (game buyer) and son each have their own account on the PC. The son is registered with Microsoft via the...
  6. Is it possible to play games you've already installed on a portable hard drive using a...

in XBoX on Windows
    Is it possible to play games you've already installed on a portable hard drive using a...: Hi! So I installed a XGP game (specifically Back 4 Blood) into my portable hard drive using my older brother's computer since his network worked better compared to my laptop, after I was done...
  7. Is it possible to stop a free trial if you didn’t install it?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is it possible to stop a free trial if you didn’t install it?: I was about to buy a Xbox game pass in 2 hours and the games I wanted have a free trial, I tap a and it says to install, I didn’t install it but is there anyway to get rid of it before the trial...
  8. Not possible to install xbox compainon back

in XBoX on Windows
    Not possible to install xbox compainon back: I tried following this : https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-disable-automatic-login-in-the-windows-10/ec939d9f-fe3a-42a1-8b70-e33d7f25082f I wanted to log out of xBox...
  9. Possible issue - Unable to install physical copy of Resident Evil 3

in XboX Insiders
    Possible issue - Unable to install physical copy of Resident Evil 3: Skip ahead on Xbox One X. I purchased a new copy of RE 3 remake, and the game simply will not install. I have also exchanged it twice for replacement copies, and none work. When the disc is...
  10. Xbox game pass will not allow me to install on other drives. Possible promission issues.

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox game pass will not allow me to install on other drives. Possible promission issues.: Problem: When I try to install games using the xbox app on a seperate drive, I get error 0x80070005 which from my research is a promissions error. I found out I lost all promissiions to the drive...