Is it possible to use the Xbox 360 controller with PC Minecraft?

Discus and support Is it possible to use the Xbox 360 controller with PC Minecraft? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I recently started playing the PC version and it's definitely a lot better than the 360 version but there's a few things I really don't like about it... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by HongNguyenvnn, May 20, 2022.

1. Is it possible to use the Xbox 360 controller with PC Minecraft?

I recently started playing the PC version and it's definitely a lot better than the 360 version but there's a few things I really don't like about it such as the clunky mouse and keyboard controls. Maybe I'm just used to playing it on the console but it feels so much better to be able to use the analog sticks over the mouse anyday.

After a bit of research I downloaded the drivers for the xbox controller however I still need another program that enables me to use it with Minecraft. I've heard people suggest Xpadder although I really don't want to pay for something if I can get a product with the exact same function for free. So are there any Mods or anything like that to fix this problem?

Oh a side note I noticed my Xbox Controller doesn't light up when it's connected through my USB port but when I check the control panel it says it's working properly. Do I need a specific controller designed for the PC or will the ones made for the xbox work?

Thanks!

:)

HongNguyenvnn, May 20, 2022
  2. gds1972 Win User

xbox one controller on pc

Hi

I don't think it is possible to use the Xbox 360 wireless receiver with an Xbox One controller. If your PC has Bluetooth then it is possible to connect some Xbox One controllers to a PC this way.
  3. schnurren Win User

XBOX360 drivers

Hello kennethnomatye,

It is not possible to connect the Xbox 360 to the PC using the Play & Charge kit. The only function of that cable is to charge the batteries).

If you want to use that gamepad on the PC, you will need to buy a wireless adapter for Xbox 360 controller.
  4. SwordofWhedon Win User

The Xbox 360 controller, assuming you’re using wireless only charges via USB. You would need to get the now discontinued 360 wireless adapter

Any Xbox one controller will connect via USB, Bluetooth, or the Xbox wireless adapter. You need to use USB or the Xbox adapter for headset support
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

Trouble with my Xbox 360 Wireless Controller on my PC

Hi,

The Xbox 360 wireless controller won't work with the play and charge kit on it's own on a PC. The Controller always remains wireless, it can't be changed to a wired controller. To use a 360 wireless controller you'll need an Xbox 360 Wireless Gaming Receiver.
    Microsoft no longer make these, but it is possible to buy a third party receiver, although installing them can be troublesome.

The Play and charge can be used with the PC, but only to charge the controller. The driver is only designed to automatically sync the controller to the Gaming receiver.

Only the Xbox One controller can be turned into a wired controller with an Xbox One Play and Charge, or a standard USB to Micro USB cable.
  6. steeledwand7664 Win User

Xbox (Beta) App on Windows 10 with Xbox 360 controller?

Yes it is possible I know this from first hand experience I have a wired xbox 360 controller and use it to play ALL of my games on my PC including when streaming my xbox One to my PC I can still play the Xbox One games. It is also plug and play so the
    PC should automatically recognize the controller and it acts (uses the same controller configurations) as if you were playing on the Xbox one.
Thema:

1. Is it possible to use the Xbox 360 controller with PC Minecraft? - Similar Threads - possible 360 controller

2. Xbox 360 S possibly got fried. Any fix?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 S possibly got fried. Any fix?: I have an Xbox 360 S. It worked fine up to about... now. The old power supply cable went bad, so we grabbed an even older one from a 360 that didn't work. We didn't realize that power supply had a...
  3. Xbox 360 will not sign into xbox live. Possible false console ban?

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox 360 will not sign into xbox live. Possible false console ban?: Hi all, recently in the past few days my 360 refuses to connect to xbox live. Originally it would give me the error 8015190e. I did all the troubleshooting steps for that, which ended with me...
  4. possible to unban xbox 360?

in XBoX on Consoles
    possible to unban xbox 360?: i recently purchased a used and modded xbox 360 from a pawn shop that turns out to be console banned and it had some sort of jailbreak i couldnt afford to buy a brand new one because of the high...
  5. Could it be possible to have a Xbox 360 emulator app?

in XboX Insiders
    Could it be possible to have a Xbox 360 emulator app?: I’m not sure if the Xbox Team are still working on backward compatibility. I know adding titles one by one is a long process, but wouldn’t be easier to create a kind of emulator app that could...
  6. Is it possible to play Xbox 360 One Minecraft world on Windows 10 Minecraft?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is it possible to play Xbox 360 One Minecraft world on Windows 10 Minecraft?: I purchased the game Minecraft on Xbox One originally but now I want to play the game on my laptop (windows 10) so I can enjoy it when I'm traveling as well. So I've purchased the game (Windows 10...
  7. Is Halo reach multiplayer possible between xbox one and xbox 360?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is Halo reach multiplayer possible between xbox one and xbox 360?: I want to play Halo reach (or Halo 5 Guardians) between xbox one and xbox 360, do you know if that is possible? I have tried sending invitation from xbox one to the other console but it appears...
  8. Is there any possible way I can connect my 360 controller to the xbox one without a **** pc

in XBoX Accessibility
    Is there any possible way I can connect my 360 controller to the xbox one without a **** pc: Is there anyway possible way I can connect my xbox 360 controller to my xbox one without a **** pc 1d4cd5f0-c04b-4e6e-b272-daa0544fca16
  9. is it possible to connect a wireless xbox 360 controller to a xbox one wireless receiver?

in XBoX on Windows
    is it possible to connect a wireless xbox 360 controller to a xbox one wireless receiver?: so ive been looking for a way to connect my xbox 360 guitar controller to my pc so i can use it, but on accident i bought the xbox one wireless receiver, are they compatible? i really hope so....
  10. Is it possible to use the xbox 360 controller in an Xbox one console?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is it possible to use the xbox 360 controller in an Xbox one console?: Is it possible to use the xbox 360 controller in an Xbox one console? 5e664b35-7881-424e-a34a-8c75d58e3f54