Is it safe to buy digital versions of games on the Xbox one store?

Discus and support Is it safe to buy digital versions of games on the Xbox one store? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Is it safe to buy games form the Xbox one store and can i keep my purchased games and apps on my Microsoft account for ever?So i can download them when... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by CloakedWand72, Dec 26, 2014.

1. Is it safe to buy digital versions of games on the Xbox one store?

Is it safe to buy games form the Xbox one store and can i keep my purchased games and apps on my Microsoft account for ever?So i can download them when i want if i have the internet on?

:)

CloakedWand72, Dec 26, 2014
  2. maxen
    maxen Guest
    if I buy from xbox 360 live.

No. Xbox 360 and Xbox One games are still separate.

However, certain games (Call of Duty: Ghosts, Battlefield 4) are running promotions where if you buy the digital version on the 360, you can buy the digital version on the One for the reduced price of $10/£10

maxen, Dec 26, 2014
  3. I connot buy a digital copy of the game OBLIVION

Hello XBOX team,

My name is Emad Gashgari.

I live in Saudi Arabia. I've an xbox fan from 2006. I own a physical disc of Oblivion on the xbox360 when I first bought the console. and now I am using the xbox one to enjoy the game once more. I want to buy the digital version of the game for safe-keeping.
    I tried to buy it from the store. It said this item is not in the store. When I switched the region settings to US. the game re-appeared on the store.

now I want to get it.

please help me.

K1NG StarScream, Dec 26, 2014
  4. maxen
    maxen Guest

Some people don't like putting their credit cards on their account, but you can get around that by buying prepaid currency cards.

Yes, any game you do download is tied to your account forever and can be re-downloaded at any time.

maxen, Dec 26, 2014
  5. maxen Win User

Some people don't like putting their credit cards on their account, but you can get around that by buying prepaid currency cards.

Yes, any game you do download is tied to your account forever and can be re-downloaded at any time.
  6. H3PA80R Win User

X Box One S games, downloadable or cartridge/disc

Thanks for reaching out. On the Xbox One S you could buy games on a disc or digital. Only the New announced all digital version let you buy games only as digital version.
  7. Syriel Win User

Destiny paid twice

Microsoft support is allowed to refund one purchase a year as a courtesy.

And yes, Destiny is a special case.

If you buy the Xbox 360 version digitally, you get the 360 version AND the XBO version for $60.

If you buy the Xbox One version digitally, you just get the XBO version for $60.

There is -no- reason to buy the XBO digital version because of this.
  8. Christyna64 Win User

X Box One S games, downloadable or cartridge/disc

Yes you can buy digital versions of Xbox games in the Xbox store. There is even a new version of Xbox One S that is all digital, no disc tray, if that's your thing.
  9. maxen Win User

if I buy from xbox 360 live.

No. Xbox 360 and Xbox One games are still separate.

However, certain games (Call of Duty: Ghosts, Battlefield 4) are running promotions where if you buy the digital version on the 360, you can buy the digital version on the One for the reduced price of $10/£10
Thema:

1. Is it safe to buy digital versions of games on the Xbox one store? - Similar Threads - safe buy digital

2. Safe search

in XBoX on Consoles
    Safe search: I cannot change the setting on safe search on xbox 1 e42bc17d-5b59-4752-8e10-7af39764df4d
  3. 3 weeks Home on Xbox - Safe from Covid19

in XBoX on Consoles
    3 weeks Home on Xbox - Safe from Covid19: Hello Gamers, Yes its been 3 weeks since I am home, socially distanced, but with Xbox Live I didn't feel lonely, yes we have been going from one game to another, throwing Parties at Penthouse in...
  4. I have a Xbox 360 browser don't work out dated is it safe to download a new upgrade

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have a Xbox 360 browser don't work out dated is it safe to download a new upgrade: What is the best way to fix this problem can i upgrade and if so how do I do it im new with this so i dont really know thanks fd929d16-5b5b-45c3-bc1b-19a1e4c86836
  5. Helpful Tips for a fun and safe gaming experience

in XBoX on Consoles
    Helpful Tips for a fun and safe gaming experience: Although as a whole online gaming is safe and fun there are some things you can do to help keep it safe and fun. Privacy settings can help keep you safe online, limiting what others can see and...
  6. Is simple background music player safe

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is simple background music player safe: So with Microsoft taking the FileExplorer app off of the Xbox store I now need a new way to play music from my USB stick, when I was finished with my research I found the app simple background...
  7. Is the Third party app TMX Safe

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is the Third party app TMX Safe: So a year ago there was an app on the Xbox store I installed called TMX an app that allows you to download user created backgrounds to your Xbox one I uninstalled the app primarily because when I...
  8. Is the app simple background music player safe

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is the app simple background music player safe: So on December 7 Microsoft decided to get rid of the file explorer which means I can no longer play songs from a USB so after I did my research I found out there is an third party app called...
  9. UK Pegi Ratings Vs USA ERSB ratings and keeping our UK children safe online - ensuring they...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    UK Pegi Ratings Vs USA ERSB ratings and keeping our UK children safe online - ensuring they...: (1) Having had a long "live chat" with XBox support (seemingly USA based) it appears the UK has a "snag" with the XBox that may need the "development" people to look into. I must say though that...
  10. Safe storage locations/ buying property

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Safe storage locations/ buying property: Will we be able to store our stuff anywhere safely when we have hit wieght limit or be able to buy a house? Just wondering as crafting gear tends to end up weighing tons, when you aquire as much...