Is it wrong to play with the gpu and the cpu at 100%?

Discus and support Is it wrong to play with the gpu and the cpu at 100%? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hello, I have been playing forza horizon 4 lately on my pc and I have noticed that my cpu and gpu are at 100% at all times, I play with the recommended... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by tentrillicom, Apr 4, 2020.

1. tentrillicom
    tentrillicom Guest

Hello, I have been playing forza horizon 4 lately on my pc and I have noticed that my cpu and gpu are at 100% at all times, I play with the recommended graphics at 60fps 1080p.

Specifications:
    CPU: i7 7700
    GPU: 1050 2gb
    I have tried to play at 30fps (which lowers the percentage to 60%) but I can't stand playing a racing game with that many frames, it makes me dizzy.
    In any case, I just want to know if it is harmful to play at 100%, thanks!

Edit: The temperature of my components is perfectly fine, I don't know if that means that it's okay to play with that percentage of use

:)

tentrillicom, Apr 4, 2020
  2. Bokor Zombie Win User

Hi
    tentrillicom

Thank you for coming to the Community forum with your question on CPU and GPU. To answer it as bluntly and as simply as possible, no it is not recommended. It wont do major or permanent damage to your PC though if continuously pushed it will most likely
    give you the Blue Screen of Death and shut you system down. Why I say it wont do permanent damage is when the system is pushed that hard for a long period of time and it shuts down that is your warning- should you choose to continue to do it then you are running
    a risk of damaging parts of your system.

I strongly do not recommend it - all Forza games do push the PC to it's limits and you will hear t5hat by even the fans kicking in when you start up a game like this.

The suggestion I have though is research GPU's that suit games like this.

Thank you and I hope this helps
  3. Zero420override Win User

I personally wouldn't, have you tried shutting down all non-essential programs running in the background?
  4. tentrillicom Win User

Thank you, so I think I'm going to take the risk until my first blue screen comes out. When that happens I will probably stop playing forza on pc and I will just play it on my xbox, again thanks!
  5. proneto911 Win User

Xbox One Underrated

Also with the hacking comment. I believe PS network did get hacked a few times I distinctively remember that being multiple times on the news as well.

I have to admit I like the home gold sharing thing they will have in place at launch I think not 100% on that like many other thing they announced that will happen. Like the 3.0 external drive storage that's going to be sweet not that I will ever use it
    but cool feature.

As for the CPU/GPU overclock I don't think it was unless somebody can prove me wrong on it actually bring overcloked. I think the CPU/GPU was under clocked at the beginning and they just boosted the clock speed. The 8 cores on the similar dies are at like
    3.? Can't remember right now. But I'm not 100%
  6. ZombieJesterCOE Win User

My PC has requirements to run Gears of war 4 in Medium or high and I'm doing badly

Have you made sure that no other programs are taxing the CPU/GPU while you are playing the game?
Thema:

1. Is it wrong to play with the gpu and the cpu at 100%? - Similar Threads - wrong play gpu

2. I need help please been banned i did nothing wrong i only play by myself and my cousins

in XBoX Accessibility
    I need help please been banned i did nothing wrong i only play by myself and my cousins: Hi i was oneday playing fortnite with my cousin and we made a looking for group post to play with people for a Fortnite Fashion Show then 1 hour later i get a ban saying all of this below i dont...
  3. Cant play games over parent permission, something went wrong

in XBoX on Windows
    Cant play games over parent permission, something went wrong: So i bought Gears 5 when it first came out and i made this microsoft account i could play it perfectly. I upgraded my pc and i had to reinstall all my games on steam and when i tried to reinstall...
  4. How do i get past level 51 on borderlands 2 handsome collection am i playing wrong game...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do i get past level 51 on borderlands 2 handsome collection am i playing wrong game...: How do i get past level 51? Am i in wrong game mode ? Borderlands. 2. Handsome collection 5aa5d6fe-4724-4d1f-b92a-4c23b65e7dba
  5. When my kids try to play some of the games, they get a message that says "something went wrong"

in XBoX on Consoles
    When my kids try to play some of the games, they get a message that says "something went wrong": When my kids try to play some of the games, they get a message that says "something went wrong - sign in with the account that purchased the game or installed the app..." so my kids cant play...
  6. Fortnite showing wrong gamer name and can't play on different profile

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fortnite showing wrong gamer name and can't play on different profile: We recently purchased an XBox One. We have 3 different profiles, mine being the one associated with Gold. My son wanted his fortnite on so he could play it so I installed it while logged in with...
  7. it says my gold memb. is off but sometimes it let me play normal. its crazy whats wrong?? but ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    it says my gold memb. is off but sometimes it let me play normal. its crazy whats wrong?? but ...: it wont let me play because its supposely off gold memb...but sometimes it let pley games normal and wont accept my payment 6116e8c3-87ca-48d7-bfb2-fb725bc484d0
  8. WHY CAN'T I PLAY CERTAIN XBOX ONE GAMES THAT ARE NOW ON 360? AND WHAT IS WRONG ONEDRIVE AND ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    WHY CAN'T I PLAY CERTAIN XBOX ONE GAMES THAT ARE NOW ON 360? AND WHAT IS WRONG ONEDRIVE AND ...: I Was Just Minding My Own Business On My Xbox One While I Was Streaming On The Xbox App, When I Tried To Play M Copy Of Assassin's Creed Rogue On It, It Said That It Was No Longer Compatible, This...
  9. it says my gold memb. is off but sometimes it let me play normal. its crazy whats wrong?? but ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    it says my gold memb. is off but sometimes it let me play normal. its crazy whats wrong?? but ...: it wont let me play because its supposely off gold memb...but sometimes it let pley games normal and wont accept my payment 6116e8c3-87ca-48d7-bfb2-fb725bc484d0
  10. Xbox play anywhere signing into wrong account?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox play anywhere signing into wrong account?: When I try to play on my pc. I sign in and it signs me into my girlfriends account which is on my xbox. So when we sign into hers, it's her account. And when we sign in with my email, it's her...