Is Kinect completely dead? Not working anymore

Discus and support Is Kinect completely dead? Not working anymore in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I just noticed over the past couple weeks that my kinect seems to not be working anymore. All I'd really use it for was to turn on and off the console,... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ZenMasta, Jul 5, 2019.

1. ZenMasta
    ZenMasta Guest

I just noticed over the past couple weeks that my kinect seems to not be working anymore. All I'd really use it for was to turn on and off the console, go to netflux/hulu and play pause.

But it seems that it's not listening anymore. I know over the years that the support has died down, but has it been fully killed off, as in disabled no longer working anymore? Or do I need to set it up again or something?

:)

ZenMasta, Jul 5, 2019
  2. Allebas Win User

It looks like Microsoft stop production of Kinect even the ending of 2017 or beginning of 2018. However, it still buyable on sites like Amazon and Gamestop. It seems like the senor might have stop working in yours. Maybe Gamestop can fix it or you might
    want to buy a new or use one. Also, if you have an Xbox One and have your mic connected you can use Cortana for voice commands.
  3. brandiesel1 Win User

Id try to recalibrate the sound. If that doesn't work, buy a used one from Amazon or somewhere similar. I do not think MS repair them anymore.
  4. ngocphi Win User

Not many commands are sipported anymore

You will have to look at the apps change logs

I wouldnt doubt many apps disabled voice commands from kinect
  5. ITILIANM0NST0R Win User

You should still be able to get it repaired. If not through Microsoft then a local repair shop. If they can do it then you would have to buy a used one as the are not in production anymore
  6. SpyShadow Win User

kinect games

I am sorry to say that they have completely discontinued the Kinect devices, they are not making them anymore or providing any new additions to that line.
Thema:

1. Is Kinect completely dead? Not working anymore - Similar Threads - Kinect completely dead

2. Kinect and twitch

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Kinect and twitch: So my kinect suddenly decided too not work as a camera on the twitch. So a fix or do i get a refund or a new webcam free of charge from Microsoft 7f525352-bf10-4376-bb03-4bcca77a9565
  3. Kinect on Xbox One X Not Working Anymore

in XBoX on Consoles
    Kinect on Xbox One X Not Working Anymore: I have the kinect adapter and the one X. It worked fine at first, but for some reason its not working anymore. Was there an update that messed things up. When I plug it in my xbox recognizes the...
  4. xbox one and Kinect

in XBoX Games and Apps
    xbox one and Kinect: I was told that for a person, in this case a 9 year old, to "see" herself while playing Dance 2021 on an XBox One, I needed to buy Kinect. These are supposedly no longer made so purchased a...
  5. Why isn’t Kinect sports season 1 not working

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why isn’t Kinect sports season 1 not working: I was trying to play the first kinect sports but it had an error i cleaned the disk and it didnt work there were just little scratches on the disk was kinect sports removed in 2021? Or is my disk...
  6. How to access videos and photos from Kinect in 2020/2021?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to access videos and photos from Kinect in 2020/2021?: I have an old Xbox 360 and Kinect with a bunch of old games like Adventure and others. They often do fun videos and photos while I am playing. Since the website to which previously all the...
  7. Kinect microphone not working for game chat warzone

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Kinect microphone not working for game chat warzone: My kinect Microphone works in party chat in war zone and modern warfare but not in game chat. Does modern warfare not support game chat with kinect microphone? 0415ff93-8f12-4faf-b294-e57a999ceb17
  8. xb1 remote and kinect voice command, not completing the channel change....

in XBoX on Consoles
    xb1 remote and kinect voice command, not completing the channel change....: any others having the same problem ? when either changing the channel with the remote or controller, it won't finish all the digits to my desired channel. it's rather annoying. any quick fixes ?...
  9. COMPLETE LIST OF KINECT GESTURE & VOICE COMMANDS FOR XBOX ONE

in XBoX on Consoles
    COMPLETE LIST OF KINECT GESTURE & VOICE COMMANDS FOR XBOX ONE: Hey Everyone in the Xbox live community. I know we all take great pride in being apart of such a large online family. With That said its been brought to my attention as an active ambassador that...
  10. COMPLETE LIST OF KINECT GESTURES & VOICE COMMANDS FOR XBOX ONE

in XBoX on Consoles
    COMPLETE LIST OF KINECT GESTURES & VOICE COMMANDS FOR XBOX ONE: Hey everyone in the XBOX live family! As an active ambassador Its been brought to my attention plenty of times that people would like a list of commands for their kinect . Hopefully this will...