Is Microsoft doing anything in response to scalpers ruining the Series X launch?

Discus and support Is Microsoft doing anything in response to scalpers ruining the Series X launch? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Since their release last November, the Xbox Series X has been borderline impossible to find, and unless you’re willing to pay a scalper ridiculous... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Birb_415, Nov 5, 2021.

1. Birb_415
    Birb_415 Guest

Is Microsoft doing anything in response to scalpers ruining the Series X launch?

Since their release last November, the Xbox Series X has been borderline impossible to find, and unless you’re willing to pay a scalper ridiculous amounts of money, you’re probably not getting one anytime soon

Everywhere you look you’ll see people selling dozens of these consoles for well over MSRP (At Walmart they are being sold for around $900). The new Halo Infinite Limited Edition Series X looks great but it became virtually nonexistent the second it launched. The Series X is always out of stock for days at every retailer, only for it to be restocked for 30 seconds when they’re all bought out by scalpers.

It’s incredibly frustrating for people who actually want to use these consoles, knowing that they always get bought out instantly just to be sold again for a profit. Scalpers have killed this launch for the millions it should have been a time of great

Has Microsoft done anything to respond to this? Wouldn’t it hurt their business if no one can actually use their consoles and buy games for them?

:)

Birb_415, Nov 5, 2021
  2. ngocphi Win User

Well you are asking for something illegal

One

Retailers can't ask.private into that has nothing to do with them and therr is not o connected system

2 and ita a biggy so get ready

That's never works even prepandemic which would make your local retailer responsible for getting 100s sick

This is why they do it online

One therr is only a limited supply so they put everything nation wide online so they don't have 1000s of angry customers who are upset because the last console eas sold out 5mins ago or they drove 100kms only to lose it 15mins before

Everyone has a chance online
  3. TrentWood3 Win User

Most simple way to stop most scalpers is 1 of 2 way process part 1 make all purchases for the consoles in store only so already adding more effort then sitting in comfort of home and 2 adding a system that requires a way of checking you haven't already purchased one in past example if purchasing from a retailer like eb games you are required to have a eb world card and it being tired to a form of identity so you can't just sign up a tonne of times
  4. ChickenAlfredo Win User

Maybe something as simple as 1 per address? Or one of those "not a robot" verification things?
  5. SammyVS Win User

I'm Samy an independent advisor and I'll be helping you :D

How are you?

Due to the pandemic and the great lack of components needed to manufacture consoles and other electronics and even to manufacture a car, it is difficult to maintain a worldwide production that meets the needs of the world.
  6. ngocphi Win User

That wouldn't stop people from reselling you are mistaking free will to advantage
Thema:

1. Is Microsoft doing anything in response to scalpers ruining the Series X launch? - Similar Threads - Microsoft doing anything

2. Does Xbox / Microsoft actually do anything about cheaters?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does Xbox / Microsoft actually do anything about cheaters?: I have been reporting cheaters in Black Ops 3 now for months. I see the same cheaters all the time in-game and I'm sick of it. I got instantly banned for sending a toxic message literally seconds...
  3. Why is Microsoft not doing anything about the controller disconnect issue?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is Microsoft not doing anything about the controller disconnect issue?: I have seen a number of people reporting the same issue about series x and controllers disconnecting. It mainly occurs for me when the power trips out or the batteries need changing. You cannot...
  4. Dear Microsoft, are you doing anything to combat the scalping of your consoles?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Dear Microsoft, are you doing anything to combat the scalping of your consoles?: Not for nothing, but the immense response to the release of the consoles, has prompted scalpers to buy most of the supply of these consoles. They are being sold on obvious marketplace locations...
  5. Is Microsoft doing anything about the Elite Series 2 controller shut off problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is Microsoft doing anything about the Elite Series 2 controller shut off problem: I bought my elite 2 under a year ago. Just recently it started shutting off. I thought it was something wring with my xbox. Now I am seeing it is a major problem. For $170 this controller shoukd...
  6. Account hacked microsoft not doing anything

in XBoX Accessibility
    Account hacked microsoft not doing anything: OK. the service shown by MS is just plain disgusting and pathetic. My MS account was hacked and MS confirmed that. They stated that a lot of my security information has been changed, apparently...
  7. Troller that MicroSoft or Activision will not do anything about

in XBoX on Consoles
    Troller that MicroSoft or Activision will not do anything about: I have a troller on COD WW2 and MW that MicroSoft and Activision will not do anything about. His/her COD emblem actually is: "[MY NAME] [removed- inapprorpaite]!" I have reported and reported...
  8. Is Microsoft going to ever do anything to block people who cheat using Xim and other mouse...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is Microsoft going to ever do anything to block people who cheat using Xim and other mouse...: Right now Xim users are a plauge in Rainbow Six Siege for Xbox. Ubisoft has stated that using these adapters is against their TOS but they have no way to enforce the ban. Is Microsoft going to...
  9. NOT BUYING ANYTHING ELSE FROM MICROSOFT UNTIL THEY DO RIGHT BY US

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    NOT BUYING ANYTHING ELSE FROM MICROSOFT UNTIL THEY DO RIGHT BY US: WHEN WILL I GET MY REWARDS DEPOSITS. EVERY MONTH THE SAME THING. I REFUSE TO BUY ANYTHING ELSE UNTIL I GET MY POINTS. ALSO, THERE ARE PROBLEMS ON ONEDRIVE AND OTHER PRODUCTS TOO. MICROSOFT TOOK...
  10. Microsoft didn't do anything to my Xbox even though it was supposed to be repaired...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft didn't do anything to my Xbox even though it was supposed to be repaired...: Hi, my Xbox One started to turn off by itself very frequently. The turning off was very random, sometimes the console stayed on like 4 hours straight and then turned off, sometimes it turned off...