is my modem filtering out my mac address

Discus and support is my modem filtering out my mac address in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; is my modem filtering out my mac address I believe a little more information would help to understand exactly what you are asking. Your modem doesn't... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by willorzel, Jul 6, 2019.

1. willorzel
    willorzel Guest

I believe a little more information would help to understand exactly what you are asking. Your modem doesn't filter MAC addresses. That is handled by the router which may be a a combo device with your modem generally called a gateway. However, it could
    be a completely separate device. What exactly is the issue you are trying to resolve. Please provide as much information as possible to make it easier to determine how to resolve the issue.

:)

willorzel, Jul 6, 2019
  2. XBOX TECH VIRUS Win User

you can also change you MAC addess on the Xbox one cosole by following these steps:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKqzfP2Zfcg
  3. Njal the Blue Win User

You would need to go into the Admin settings of your router/modem/gateway hub to see what settings are being filtered.

More information as to what your exact issue is, would help work out what is going on.
  4. {Parity} Win User

I believe a little more information would help to understand exactly what you are asking. Your modem doesn't filter MAC addresses. That is handled by the router which may be a a combo device with your modem generally called a gateway. However, it could
    be a completely separate device. What exactly is the issue you are trying to resolve. Please provide as much information as possible to make it easier to determine how to resolve the issue.
  5. KeithDimes Win User

MAC Address change

My router or modem may be set up to filter out some devices. I'm trying to make sure router or modem isn't filtering out my consoles MAC address. I checked out the networking hardware page but saw nothing that helped and can't find a solution. How do I go
    about doing this correctly?

D Rack80
  6. XBF Leslie D Win User

Arris Arris TM802: MAC address issues, wifi not working for the xbox

Hi Pug,

To check if the modem is filtering out the MAC address it would require to sign in to the modem settings. The instructions on how to sign in to the settings are usually on the manual and/or on the modem itself. Once signed in on there the main to check for
    would be to see if 'Mac filtering' is on.

In the case that there are any troubles signing into the modem settings to view this information, your internet service provider would be able to check this out as well. :)
Thema:

1. is my modem filtering out my mac address - Similar Threads - modem filtering mac

2. Upload Speed Issues with Nighthawk C7000 Modem

in XBoX on Consoles
    Upload Speed Issues with Nighthawk C7000 Modem: So I'm at my ends here. For some reason, my Xbox One X's (2) can't seem to hold an upload speed as of about 3-4 weeks ago. Both devices are hardwired to the modem, as well as a hardwired PC. The...
  3. Motorola SB4200: How to I get my router/modem to recognize a new Mac address

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Motorola SB4200: How to I get my router/modem to recognize a new Mac address: Motorola SB4200 (Modem): How to I get my router/modem to recognize a new Mac address hi, normally your router has an admin interface. you just have to get the ip address. open the shell, if you...
  4. nat on modem or gateway

in XBoX on Consoles
    nat on modem or gateway: how do I change nat settings on my modem or router or gateway 9f840c80-3da7-4c0b-adb2-e64526bddd5d
  5. xbox will not connect to internet/modem/wifi

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox will not connect to internet/modem/wifi: Hi, My xbox will not connect to my Internet. its keeps saying this. 'Your router may be set up to filter out some devices. Make sure your router or modem is not filtering out your console's MAC...
  6. Why do I have to reboot my modem every time I want to connect to my XBOX live account ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do I have to reboot my modem every time I want to connect to my XBOX live account ?: How to make my console connect the first time every time ? I am getting seriously annoyed. Is there a way to configure either my console or modem so it connect as I turn the XBOB One ON ? Thanks...
  7. CenturyLink: How to stop my router or modem from filtering out my console MAC address?

CenturyLink: How to stop my router or modem from filtering out my console MAC address?: CenturyLink (ISPs): How to stop my router or modem from filtering out my console MAC address? (For info go here) Check this link for a possible solution:...
  8. How do I check to see if my router or modem is filtering out my console's MAC address?

How do I check to see if my router or modem is filtering out my console's MAC address?: How do I check to see if my router or modem is filtering out my console's MAC address? Please follow this. http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/networking/network-connection-error-solution It...
  9. How do I check to see if my router or modem is filtering out my console's MAC address?

How do I check to see if my router or modem is filtering out my console's MAC address?: How do I check to see if my router or modem is filtering out my console's MAC address? my console is telling me that it can't read my DHLC server or something like that. I tried resetting the...
  10. New xfinity router/modem $same model$ and xbox tells me no filtering out my console's MAC ...

New xfinity router/modem $same model$ and xbox tells me no filtering out my console's MAC ...: New xfinity router/modem $same model$ and xbox tells me no filtering out my console's MAC address & Info on filtering MAC addresses. Router replacement recently and all devices are working except...