Is my system just dead?

Discus and support Is my system just dead? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Yesterday my system froze in the middle of a game and i had to hard reset. Comes back with the the green xbox screen, never loads in. No big deal,... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by JonStearns, Mar 24, 2020.

1. JonStearns
    JonStearns Guest

Is my system just dead?

Yesterday my system froze in the middle of a game and i had to hard reset. Comes back with the the green xbox screen, never loads in. No big deal, figured i'd have to factory reset like ive had to before. At the factory reset, when i pick keep games
    or apps or erase everthing, nothing happens. The controller freezes for like three seconds then goes right back to moving around and nothing happens so i cannot factory reset. i should also note if i pick the option turn off this xbox nothing happens either,
    however picking continue will take me back to a forever green xbox screen. it also works when i click factory reset xbox to take me to the two options, but neither option does anything as stated above. Needless to say this sucks as its my main entertainment
    center during a lockdown.

:)

JonStearns, Mar 24, 2020
  2. XBF Leo G Win User

Is my system just dead?

Hello JonStearns,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. We understand that your console is stuck on the green screen when you turn it on. Is your console enrolled in the

Xbox Insider Program
    ? We have a support article that provides troubleshooting for an

Xbox One that is stuck on the green screen
    . Be sure to let us know the results
    JonStearns!
  3. JonStearns Win User

Is my system just dead?

yes, a few times. i even let it sit unplugged overnight. let it sit at the green screen for hours and have tried to factory reset a few dozen times.
  4. Zero420override Win User

Is my system just dead?

Have you reached out to Xbox support. If not here's a link go there and request a call back, I always have better results with that. Xbox Support link
  5. JonStearns Win User

Is my system just dead?

the greenscreens not the issue, you missed the whole part about it doing nothing when i hit factory reset.
  6. XBF Leo G Win User

Is my system just dead?

Hello JonStearns,

Thanks for keeping us updates. Is your console enrolled in the
    Xbox Insider Program
    ? The Xbox Insider Program can cause issues with the console. We recommend

power cycling the console
    by holding down the power button on the console for ten seconds. Since your console is unable to complete a factory reset, we recommend

performing an offline system update
    . The article we provided explains how to complete this process. We look forward to hearing from you again Jon!
Thema:

Is my system just dead?

1. Is my system just dead? - Similar Threads - system dead

2. Xbox One S times out of all apps and whole system is slow

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S times out of all apps and whole system is slow: All my apps on Xbox One S are timing out with error code 0x8027025a and restarting, hard reboot, nothing is working. Plus the xbox itself is super slow just going from place to place on my xbox....
  3. Xbox One X Ventilation Error upon start-up. System is not overheating, it's not even warm...

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox One X Ventilation Error upon start-up. System is not overheating, it's not even warm...: About a week ago, presumably coincided with an update, I started getting a ventilation error message after my system would shut down by itself. Won't let me play games upon starting, shuts down...
  4. System update stopped

in XBoX on Consoles
    System update stopped: [img] Tried all the trouble shooting that read here still not working. Its very stressful! 5951ccf3-c2ba-41d0-add6-0ce772f2bde6
  5. Xbox system error E102

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox system error E102: My xbox had been acting up and i had recently asked for help. Someone told me my account had been corrupted so i had to delete it and add it back to my xbox so i thought it be easier to set my...
  6. Xbox gamer pic system not working

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox gamer pic system not working: I have tried to change my gamer pic every day of the week, so I know it’s definitely not from changing it too much. Please fix this d0c17a29-fab9-4953-8f09-c0724677f4e3
  7. After the system update, It can't read disc about red dead Redempition

in XBoX Games and Apps
    After the system update, It can't read disc about red dead Redempition: not red dead Redempition 2, just red dead Redempition xbox one, the first type. the new system. anybody has the same problem? what happend????? 5244f721-d828-451b-947d-cfeb74109bcc
  8. Digital version of red dead redemption 2 freezes and system hard resets

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Digital version of red dead redemption 2 freezes and system hard resets: i purchased the digital version of red dead redemption 2 and it freezes and makes the system hard reset . i had it plugged into a power strip but now it's plugged directly into the wall, my...
  9. System returned from service center Dead

in XBoX Accessibility
    System returned from service center Dead: My system wouldn't turn on and was out of warranty, I paid and had the unit serviced but it was returned to me with the same issue. I have searched for a way to contact the service center but...
  10. Dead Space 3 save system

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Dead Space 3 save system: Spoiler alert!!!!!!!! So, I'm on ch5 and I go to do the Edwards side mission (on Co op) I beat it and went to the tram and saved and exited. Now today I load it up and it starts 75 minutes back....