Is my Xbox 360 console dead?

Discus and support Is my Xbox 360 console dead? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, so, my Xbox 360 console just recently started to act up really bad. It's gone way beyond the point of me still being able to use it. Basically,... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by PlayerGameSK, Sep 2, 2019.

1. PlayerGameSK
    PlayerGameSK Guest

Hello,

so, my Xbox 360 console just recently started to act up really bad. It's gone way beyond the point of me still being able to use it. Basically, literally no output seems to be coming out of it, as in no video nor audio, regardless of whether I try HDMI or AV.
    Also, the console seems to be getting very hot just moments after being turned on. Despite all that though, it doesn't really show any "confirmation" that it's actually broken or something, as in there doesn't seem to be a RRoD or anything even remotely similar
    to that.

So my question is, what could possibly be the problem, and do you think I could still be able to fix it, or is my console pretty much already doomed?

Thanks in advance for any answers.

:)

PlayerGameSK, Sep 2, 2019
  2. zack1939 Win User

Xbox 360 live update crashed my console 1st April update.

my Xbox 360 live really crash on Sunday I. Can’t get it to work again and I give you my Xbox 360 console number to update the Xbox 360 console Xbox 360 live my serial number is 2117252213909
  3. BucklinbirchXD Win User

(Deleted)

My console is a Xbox 360, not a Xbox One
  4. smileskybird Win User

xbox 360 console discontinued

PS2 was my first console I had. Only had it for 2 weeks then got rid of it. It was a 2nd hand one.

Got Xbox 360 late 2010 and have had a blast with it. Best console in my life! Made heaps of friends and met hundreds of people on it. Xbox 360 and Xbox One are exactly LIKE social media. Voice messaging, text messaging, picture messaging on Xbox 360 (bring
    this to Xbox One!!), PARTY chat where on Xbox 360's UI it shows your and other people's Xbox 3D avatars which is really kwl, in the party and on the Social page of Xbox 360's UI. How genuine Xbox 360 and Xbox One consoles DON'T get viruses (genuine reports
    of genuine Xbox 360/Xbox One consoles getting viruses are negligible. On PC's, you don't even have to visit naughty sites to get viruses). The year I got Xbox 360 was the exact year Microsoft released the Xbox 360 Slim console version to Australia and New
    Zealand. Yes, I have the Xbox 360 Slim 250GB console and it's still working fine today.

I noticed NZ retailers stopped selling Xbox 360 consoles mid last year (JB Hi Fi, DSE, etc). They did sell the E model.

Farcape, you're welcome to purchase my Xbox 360 console in 4 years time. It's genuine. I'll charge $5,000 for it. Just kidding. I will never get rid of my Xbox 360 slim console.
  5. OmarLinares Win User
  6. pawncrackers Win User

Hi there,

I'm sorry to hear about your experience with Xbox Support and your console. Looking at your replies, I think there is a very high possibility that your 360 has died. :S The original Xbox One and Xbox 360 consoles are not serviced anymore and as most 360
    warranties have likely all elapsed, there is no other option, besides to invest in a replacement console. They go for the fraction of the price now, so hopefully there will be something available, that's not too heavy on the wallet.

RE: your recent phone call. I think the agent you spoke to, might have misunderstood the situation and mis-informed you, but would call the team back and have someone look into what was logged in your previous phone call, just to make sure.

As a last resort, you can follow these steps for
    troubleshooting a blank screen
    , and other articles available on the Xbox Support website, to master reset your console and to utilise a system update. See if anything kick starts the console.

Over the past few years, secrets were finally revealed, explaining the reasons behind so many RRODs, mainly a cheaply sourced replacement solder that had a poor kind of lead in it, caused dry joints, bending/warping of motherboards and eventually caused
    components to overheat all over the place. For instance, your AV/HDMI controller/chip might have come away from the board, hence no output to your TV (just speculation, mind!).

See this really
    awesome show/podcast, that explains it all
    , via IGN:

"We don't believe three generations of Xbox leadership have ever been brought into the same room before to share secrets and stories of Xbox history. Until now. In a once-in-a-lifetime episode, Xbox creator Seamus Blackley, Head of Xbox during the 360
    launch Peter Moore, and current Head of Xbox Phil Spencer talk for 90 minutes about all three Xbox consoles, including beating Sony in the living room, where the Duke controller came from, how Gears of War influenced a critical decision for the Xbox 360 hardware,
    and so much more"

Hope this helps and that you get up and running again soon,

L
Thema:

1. Is my Xbox 360 console dead? - Similar Threads - 360 console dead

2. Xbox 360 was a awful console

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 was a awful console: I own a 360 and has experience many technical faults. had few Red ring, disc drive can't open close read disc and often stops reading while running disc, damages games can't connect to Xbox live....
  3. My xbox 360 consol can't connect to xbox Live

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox 360 consol can't connect to xbox Live: My consol can't connect to xbox Live I keep getting everytime with 8015000A 6a9f02f5-46b2-4fc6-87da-1b95ad40c4d0
  4. netflix is not working on 360 console why?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    netflix is not working on 360 console why?: my netflix is not working i have uninstalled reinstalled clear the cache updated and still does not work can someone please help or tell me another way for me to watch show that will work...
  5. não consigo acessar meu perfil do xbox 360 no meu xbox one, o console diz que não foi...

in XBoX on Consoles
    não consigo acessar meu perfil do xbox 360 no meu xbox one, o console diz que não foi...: pessoal primeiramente bom dia! é o seguinte recentemente fui tentar jogar silent hill colection no retrocompatibilidade do Xbox one. mais como mostra na imagem o xbox não consegue acessar as...
  6. Banimento do console Xbox 360[Translation-Xbox 360 console ban]

in XBoX on Consoles
    Banimento do console Xbox 360[Translation-Xbox 360 console ban]: Ganhei um Xbox 360 de presente e não me souberam dizer se conectava na Live, fui tentar e apareceu uma mensagem dizendo que o console foi banido, tem alguma forma de desfazer isso ou é...
  7. Which power supply do I need for my Xbox 360 console?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Which power supply do I need for my Xbox 360 console?: I don’t know how to find out which power cable i need for my secondhand Xbox 360 console. I have the serial number for the console. Can anyone help? Thanks 101dc3f2-d97e-4513-960c-0090180536e6
  8. xbox 360 console?

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    xbox 360 console?: Is it still possible to buy a xbox 360 gaming console from microsoft? If so,for Which price? 1b85501a-40c5-4118-9e80-81654bd8da47
  9. XBOX 360 Game from Japan - won't work on my console

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX 360 Game from Japan - won't work on my console: I ordered a game form Japan 2007 Smackdown vs. Raw off of Amazon. However, i am getting an error message that "this game's region code is not compatible with this console". Is there anyway to...
  10. Dead Space 2 NTSC Xbox 360 2-disc game compatibility with Xbox ONE console

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Dead Space 2 NTSC Xbox 360 2-disc game compatibility with Xbox ONE console: Is it possible to install NTSC USA Dead Space 2 on Xbox ONE S console (europe)? Best Regards! 35319656-0110-4016-a2a0-c9afac6f87ca