Is my Xbox one overheating?

Discus and support Is my Xbox one overheating? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So i turned on my Xbox and started to load a game, then it make a loud crackling sound and shut off. It has been feeling alil hotter than usual. Should... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Dusty5210, Aug 15, 2019.

1. Dusty5210
    Dusty5210 Guest

So i turned on my Xbox and started to load a game, then it make a loud crackling sound and shut off. It has been feeling alil hotter than usual. Should I take it apart and try to clean it or what?

:)

Dusty5210, Aug 15, 2019
  2. TAVlS Win User

My xbox one

Same here. I am not in the preview program.
  3. donnyh83 Win User

My xbox one

I had the same thing happen to me, I turned my Xbox One S on and it acted like a new console. I have had it since launch.
  4. LegoNinja187 Win User

My Xbox One

Hi there XxDashy69xX.

While I understand this can be frustrating, more information can be helpful with this type of issue, for example if your console is shutting down and you are getting the error message for that issue, let us know, and how you have tried to resolve the issue.

As XBF Leonzo G mentioned, try this

trouble shooting guide
    , and see if anything there is of use, and let us know how it all goes.
  5. XBF Leonzo G Win User

My Xbox One

6. Ryan Adair Win User

On my xbox one

I'm kinda upset about this because we have tried "extended power cycle on the system and router and this does not solve this issue
Thema:

1. Is my Xbox one overheating? - Similar Threads - overheating

2. Xbox One X overheating issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X overheating issue: Hi there, I have the Xbox One X Scorpio Edition and I keep getting the over heat message. I have tried different methods to solve the issue but nothing seems to work. The methods I have tried is...
  3. Overheating Message without any Overheating

in XBoX on Consoles
    Overheating Message without any Overheating: I am experiencing an issue where my Xbox shuts off during particular cut scenes of several different games end displays the overheating error even though the Xbox is physically very cool and has...
  4. Xbox One Overheating With Games Only

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Overheating With Games Only: Hi There, I have the original xbox one with the power brick. Recently it has started to turn off while playing any game within 15-20mins. It has no trouble playing Netflix all day. I have opened...
  5. Overheating

in XBoX on Consoles
    Overheating: Will it overheat if you leave your xbox one on to be afk on a game will it damage my console or how long does it take to overheat your xbox bd2eba87-eaf4-4c7e-8832-5977867fd39c
  6. TWO Brand new Xbox One X consoles turning off due to "overheating"

in XBoX on Consoles
    TWO Brand new Xbox One X consoles turning off due to "overheating": I have had an issue with my xbox one x wherein it would shut down as soon as i play a game or watch Netflix. I looked into the issue and it seems it turns itself off when it begins to overheat. I...
  7. Controller smoking and overheating on charge

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller smoking and overheating on charge: Went to charge my controller last night, literally on had the cable in for seconds, smoke started coming out of the headset port and chat port, ive been on support and its out of warranty, anyone...
  8. Xbox One X Overheating in fairly well ventilated area but fine with fan blowing into it.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X Overheating in fairly well ventilated area but fine with fan blowing into it.: My xbox one x scorpio edition seems to overheat or at the very least get extremely warm when running anything. I've cleaned out the device as best as I can (to remove dust) through the grills, but...
  9. console switched off after overheating

in XBoX on Consoles
    console switched off after overheating: Why does console indicates its overheated? 9f551104-aab9-4793-9a35-682050afbddc
  10. Has your controller ever overheated before?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Has your controller ever overheated before?: recently I bought an xbox one controller which I believe was the winter forces one. One night I left it on the charger and when I woke up I could smell my controller was burning. Right next to the...