Is my Xbox One X bricked?

Discus and support Is my Xbox One X bricked? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have had my One X for about a year now. I have had to restore it a couple of times for various reasons, but it's never been a problem until today. I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by GrungyCow537663, Oct 20, 2019.

1. Is my Xbox One X bricked?

I have had my One X for about a year now. I have had to restore it a couple of times for various reasons, but it's never been a problem until today.

I was watching YouTube and got to the end of a video, then left the console unattended for about 10 minutes or so and the controller switched off. I turned the controller back on and it synched, but I noticed the YouTube app was very slow and not responding
    too well.

I quit out of it and tried to boot a game where I got an error saying it was corrupt and needed reinstalled. I then started another game and got a plain blue screen instead of the game's splash screen. The system then hanged.

When I hard rebooted it, the splash animation and Xbox logo were very slow, then I got E102.

And now the system just boots straight into E102 without the splash. When I try to restore the system, it just reboots with the same issue. Sometimes I do see the "Preparing your console" screen for a few seconds on 0%, then E102 again.

I tried doing the offline update and can see the "Preparing your console" screen on 0% for about a second before I then get E101 instead.

All of this happens no matter how I power the system on. Remove the power lead for 15 minutes, use the controller to turn it on, use power button, Bind + Eject... all the same.

The system is stuck in a loop and completely unbootable. It's not even attempting to restore or update itself and I personally think it is now bricked. I will try rebuilding the offline update tomorrow on a different USB device to rule that out.

If that doesn't work is there anything else I can do or try... or should I just go ahead and schedule a repair? I am worried all of this might actually be a hardware fault, perhaps a failed HDD.

:)

GrungyCow537663, Oct 20, 2019
  2. techman05 Win User

Mixer seems to not be working with my 4k tv

Sorry my xbox is an xbox one x in 4k mode on the tv and on the xbox one x.
  3. Travalore Win User

Slow Download Speed on Xbox One X

Could it be an issue on my internet provider's end specifically affecting my Xbox One X? As I have my classic Xbox One plugged in along side my Xbox One X and can see it still performing downloads at a significantly faster speed then my Xbox One X.
  4. Njal the Blue Win User

Xbox one switch off or freezing after changing game/app (Possible fixes for external hard drive side of this error)

Just not been an issue with my original Xbox one, Xbox one S or Xbox one X. My S is in alpha and X is in alpha SA.
  5. CartopBonsai699 Win User

Xbox one s (new)- the controller won’t turn on the console

is your xbox one is on instant on mode I had similar problem I had my xbox one x on instant on mode I couldn't turn off my xbox one x through my xbox controller I talk to xbox support they help me put my xbox one x on energy saving mode that
    help me
  6. JSizzle_955 Win User

What kind of sound card does xbox one X have?

yeah. cause I connected my comcast cable box to my xbox one X pass through HDMI.

I have a ps4 but I'll just connect the ps4 to my xbox one X so I can get a 4k picture on my PS4 slim and the Sound bar is connected to the xbox one x.
Thema:

Is my Xbox One X bricked?

1. Is my Xbox One X bricked? - Similar Threads - bricked

2. Xbox one x bricked

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one x bricked: After rolling out of insider I got a system update. But it failed. Now my xbox one x not starting up. Even osu1 update failed. Please help. 37b34ff8-c7eb-4ffc-a862-7b9eace401f6
  3. Any solutions to Insider Program bricking Xbox Ones?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Any solutions to Insider Program bricking Xbox Ones?: I have now had 2 Xbox Ones get bricked due to them being part of the Insider program. They are both out of warranty so to get them fixed would cost money I shouldn't have to pay. Has anyone heard...
  4. Bricking console

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Bricking console: New games are all bricking my console older games work fine this is going to ruin microsoft , people will buy ps5 ..so whos addressing this issue ???????. cos the devs are not...
  5. Xbox One Power Brick Making a loud noise

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Power Brick Making a loud noise: This has happened to me before my xbox turns on but the power brick is making a very loud noise. How do you properly restart a power brick? fce0313e-9ebc-46ce-bb6d-e863b29577e0
  6. My Xbox won’t turn on even though the power brick is solid orange

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox won’t turn on even though the power brick is solid orange: Hi my original xbox one wont turn on even though the power brick is orange. I tried plugging all the wires in and out many times but when i try to press the xbox button it only makes a faint beep...
  7. Group B dashboard update bricked my console

in XboX Insiders
    Group B dashboard update bricked my console: Shortly after getting the update, the game I was playing crashed. After that, My Xbox stopped reading my External hard drive. When it would, no games were playable. I thought maybe my External...
  8. Please help! Insider preview dash installed and now I can't update and xbox is a brick.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Please help! Insider preview dash installed and now I can't update and xbox is a brick.: I was having lots of trouble with the factory installed Xbox One X 1GB hard drive, it kept spitting out errors and finally failed. So I decided to replace it with a new drive. However I was in the...
  9. Xbox one won´t start, power brick stuck on orange light

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one won´t start, power brick stuck on orange light: Hi! I recently moved to a new appartment and when I was plugged in my Xbox one in to my new appartment, the power brick showed a oranged light. I've been patient and waited but it won't change...
  10. Please help! Insider preview dash installed and now I can't update and xbox is a brick.

in XboX Insiders
    Please help! Insider preview dash installed and now I can't update and xbox is a brick.: I was having lots of trouble with the factory Xbox One X 1GB hard drive. So I decided to replace it with a new drive. However I was in the insider preview program so my current OS is as follows as...