Is Smart Glass control support supposed to work with the Youtube app?

Discus and support Is Smart Glass control support supposed to work with the Youtube app? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Does the Youtube app support the Smart Glass app for iOS (iPhone 5c)? I was using Smart Glass last night to watch a blu-ray, and when I launched the... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by PeteCantu, Feb 3, 2014.

1. PeteCantu
    PeteCantu Guest

Does the Youtube app support the Smart Glass app for iOS (iPhone 5c)? I was using Smart Glass last night to watch a blu-ray, and when I launched the Youtube app with it, I couldn't navigate or start any videos. I tried quitting Youtube, and relaunching it,
    but that didn't help. I had to turn on the controller and use that.

:)

PeteCantu, Feb 3, 2014
  2. The Official "Problems with YouTube app" thread

why doesn't smart glass work with the youtube app

SwiftBunny48496, Feb 3, 2014
  3. StevenBM
    StevenBM Guest
    control issues

Does it work through the smart glass app? If anything is blocking The IR line of sight I've found that control can be hit or miss, but for some reason it always seems to work when I use the smart glass app.

StevenBM, Feb 3, 2014
  4. Schief
    Schief Guest

I'm sorry Pete but this is a known issue with the YouTube app that it does not support IR or SmartGlass input. They are working on a fix for this.

Schief, Feb 8, 2014
  5. Schief Win User

I'm sorry Pete but this is a known issue with the YouTube app that it does not support IR or SmartGlass input. They are working on a fix for this.
  6. SwiftBunny48496 Win User

The Official "Problems with YouTube app" thread

why doesn't smart glass work with the youtube app
  7. SargonParidius Win User

Using SmartGlass on Windows Phone to Interact with XBOX 360

Sorry to hear about your problem.

Couldn't find one definitive location for all of the Smart Glass information, but this is the
    link on How To/Getting Started.

And here is the
    Smart Glass Support
    page.

If you can't find the answers to your questions on these pages, you can always contact Xbox Support at the link at the bottom of the
    Smart Glass Support page.

But, since Smart Glass is supposed to be an interface between the Xbox & a Smart Phone, my thinking is that is a one-on-one interface.

Think of it as a substitute for a TV remote control: If you use multiple controls, the TV will not be able to tell the difference unless you vary the signal frequencies between the controllers.

Since this technology just came out a few months ago, the multiple interface might be in a future update,
  8. StevenBM Win User

control issues

Does it work through the smart glass app? If anything is blocking The IR line of sight I've found that control can be hit or miss, but for some reason it always seems to work when I use the smart glass app.
  9. hffourie Win User

smart glass

OK, So I have Smart Glass... Now what. I also picked up Forza Horizon today which is supposed to support Smart Glass, but how do you actually use it. Been fiddling for hours now and nothing... Just general game information... Any ideas?
Thema:

1. Is Smart Glass control support supposed to work with the Youtube app? - Similar Threads - Smart Glass control

2. Help my xbox smart glass doesn't work

in XBoX on Mobile
    Help my xbox smart glass doesn't work: When ever I try to log into my xbox app it doesn't allow me [img] 23f61bce-01ce-4dfd-804c-496d354dd1b0
  3. How to disconnect from APP smart glass on mobile without access to the device?

in XBoX on Mobile
    How to disconnect from APP smart glass on mobile without access to the device?: I signed in to an app account on a "friend" phone once and forgot to sign out. Now he has access and I can't disconnect him. How can I do this? 1adc58b5-deab-4a2c-9d20-678d60fc6d08
  4. my smart glass on windows 10 does not work

in XBoX on Windows
    my smart glass on windows 10 does not work: has Microsoft stopped supporting smart glass I try connecting and this happens. help!!!!!! [img] 8a413a68-f5c2-443a-8f99-e727b14b7e72
  5. Xbox 360 smart glass

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 smart glass: Why did you retire this feature? Cannot use smart glass from win 10 to xbox 360 b1ba8a43-186c-4e76-a321-df11bba1b3c6
  6. Smart glass Tv Remote is no longer display

in XBoX on Mobile
    Smart glass Tv Remote is no longer display: Using the Smart Glass switch the remote from XBOX to TV remote, and the Tv Remote doesn't display f9e0e8b0-5622-4b5e-b250-c169ee8d523e
  7. Why can’t I be able to download Xbox smart glass on my apple device

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can’t I be able to download Xbox smart glass on my apple device: I m in India . Why ain’t I able to download Xbox 360 smartglass even though I have the latest iOS update and it is a iPhone 10 420f7aea-717a-4503-bf84-3deec4dd3834
  8. Why can't I smart glass fable anniversary

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I smart glass fable anniversary: I am trying to contact to smart glass for fable anniversary to get the special content 8770c20d-6054-4a30-ae45-65a6ed37e2f6
  9. Add an internal controller sync on the 360 like a setting or within the smart glass app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Add an internal controller sync on the 360 like a setting or within the smart glass app: Add a alternate controller sync method Like ex: using the smart glass app or connecting a keyboard and going into the settings and enabling a controller sync e6d56575-00df-4c94-943e-41c39e2bdb92
  10. No type of controller works Xbox controller, remote smart glass

in XBoX on Consoles
    No type of controller works Xbox controller, remote smart glass: Hi guys, when using my Xbox voice works but nothing els I have two controllers (one brand new ) a remote and smart glass all don't work the only way I can get them to work is to turn on and off...