Is the 1:1 upgrade from Gold to Ultimate still available for FIRST time Ultimate subscribers?

Discus and support Is the 1:1 upgrade from Gold to Ultimate still available for FIRST time Ultimate subscribers? in XBoX Sales and Promo to solve the problem; I apologize if this has already been answered before, but I've been seeing some conflicting information on this. I have never had Ultimate previously,... Discussion in 'XBoX Sales and Promo' started by Kingtito10, Jun 27, 2020.

1. Kingtito10
    Kingtito10 Guest

Is the 1:1 upgrade from Gold to Ultimate still available for FIRST time Ultimate subscribers?

I apologize if this has already been answered before, but I've been seeing some conflicting information on this.

I have never had Ultimate previously, and the last time I had Gold was in 2017. I did the 14 day free trial when the original game pass came out (way back when), but I am still getting the $1 offer for Ultimate from Microsoft as I have never had it on my
    account. If I buy Gold for 3 years now and then proceed to upgrade it to Ultimate, would I receive the entire 3 years as Ultimate, or would I get it prorated according to their graph?

Thanks for the help!

:)

Kingtito10, Jun 27, 2020
  2. D4vid 360 Win User

The 1:1 should (should, am not 100% sure) be available for the first time.

After that, even if years have passed, it is not available.
  3. julosjc Win User

Hi There,

If you have not had ultimate before and upgrade and use ultimate for the first time to convert your previous existing membership (gold or gamepass) it should be valid, if previously done before, it is not possible to do it twice.
  4. COLDAS YMIR WBF Win User

hmm im not to sure on this topic but from experience I know when I done it it transferred it over
  5. xSOUTHxMOUTHx Win User

Hey Kingtito10 to answer your question if you want the best bang for your buck I'd go ahead and get the three years and then proceed to get ultimate. As best that I can tell the three years get converted to ultimate that youd pay a dollar for. Hopefully
    this helped
  6. Smwutches Win User

Gold to Ultimate

There's a conversion rate when you swap from XBL Gold or Game Pass to Game Pass Ultimate, there used to be a limited time deal where it would convert it at a 1:1 ratio when Game Pass Ultimate first launched but I don't think that applies anymore.
    This does still apply and is not attached to any promotion. So if you apply the 12 months of Gold first and then purchase Ultimate it will upgrade at 1:1. It doesn't matter if you previously had Ultimate or bot.
Thema:

1. Is the 1:1 upgrade from Gold to Ultimate still available for FIRST time Ultimate subscribers? - Similar Threads - upgrade Gold Ultimate

2. Why can't I upgrade my year of Gold to Game Pass Ultimate?

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Why can't I upgrade my year of Gold to Game Pass Ultimate?: I recently purchased a year of Gold and wanted to take that deal for Game Pass Ultimate for $1, but every time I go to upgrade, it tells me "It looks like something went wrong, but we can help."...
  3. I can't upgrade xbox live gold to xbox game pass ultimate.

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    I can't upgrade xbox live gold to xbox game pass ultimate.: I can't upgrade xbox live gold to xbox game pass ultimate because it tells me I'm trying to downgrade an existing subscription. 23d60cae-bcb8-42f3-bc88-132f7a315285
  4. 12 month GOLD upgrade trial to ultimate.....

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    12 month GOLD upgrade trial to ultimate.....: Hey just added my 12 month sub for GOLD, it offered to upgrade for $1 to ultimate if I cancel after the month do I revert back to GOLD? I will not forfeit $60 i just spent on the year sub. Im...
  5. Upgrading from Xbox Live Gold to Game Pass Ultimate

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Upgrading from Xbox Live Gold to Game Pass Ultimate: "We've detailed this before, but it's still possible to stockpile Xbox Live Gold service (up to 36 months) and convert it to Game Pass Ultimate for just that dollar extra, thanks to Microsoft's...
  6. I cannot upgrade my gold to ultimate?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cannot upgrade my gold to ultimate?: When i try to upgrade it, it says "it looks like something went wrong, but we can help" and then it tells me to contact Xbox support and they'll "get me back to gaming" I even bought a 15$...
  7. Ultimate upgrade from Live Gold - confused!

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Ultimate upgrade from Live Gold - confused!: So I did manage to get my knickers in a twist with trying to figure out the "£1 month upgrade to Ultimate and then £10.99 per month deal". i'd appreciate someone turning the gobbledygook into...
  8. Upgrade Gold to Game Pass Ultimate?

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Upgrade Gold to Game Pass Ultimate?: I got Xbox Live Gold thinking that you can upgrade all the months you have of it to Game Pass Ultimate (the Xbox app says "Joining Xbox Game Pass Ultimate will upgrade your remaining Xbox Live...
  9. Xbox Live Gold (XLG) and upgrading to Ultimate Game Pass (UGP)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Live Gold (XLG) and upgrading to Ultimate Game Pass (UGP): Hi, I like to know if getting a 12 month xlg digital card via online sites can be trusted? Being very low in cash reserves, i am looking for good deals but only if they are legit and/or deliver...
  10. Prepaid Gold membership after upgrade to Ultimate

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Prepaid Gold membership after upgrade to Ultimate: Hi, I just received promotion from xbox to upgrade to Ultimate for $1. But now I have prepaid Gold membership until 6/21. It seems using the promo will upgrade my gold membership to ultimate. But...