Is the streaming app compatible with Chromecast? If not, will Microsoft ever allow casting...

Discus and support Is the streaming app compatible with Chromecast? If not, will Microsoft ever allow casting... in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Just wondering if Microsoft will ever allow gamers to cast games to television screens. I am not sure if it is possible now. submitted by... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/aribbabar, Feb 11, 2020.

1. /u/aribbabar
    /u/aribbabar Guest

Is the streaming app compatible with Chromecast? If not, will Microsoft ever allow casting...

Just wondering if Microsoft will ever allow gamers to cast games to television screens. I am not sure if it is possible now.

submitted by /u/aribbabar
    [link] [comments]

/u/aribbabar, Feb 11, 2020
  2. PalmettoBling Win User

Android casting to Xbox 360

So if I'm understanding correctly, you want to be able to stream your console over your network to your Note 9? There is no easy way to do that. Even if you were to hook up the 360 to a PC via a capture card, and then use Remote Desktop to view into that
    PC which is capturing the 360, there would be no way to control it via that stream, assuming the wireless controller doesn't reach connection as far as you want to be.

The 360 doesn't have native streaming via the app like the Xbox One does, the SmartGlass app could connect and allow some control for system functions, but is not supported in all apps or games at all, and does not stream any video out. You COULD stream
    backwards compatible 360 games from an Xbox One to a compatible Xbox App.

But I'm sorry, if I'm correct in assuming what you're hoping to accomplish, there is no easy or good answer for you. Please let me know if I'm mistaken.
  3. SoupaBuoy Win User

One cast

Hey there - if OneCast works anything like the Windows 10 Streaming app, then this wouldn't be possible. The Xbox can only stream one person playing at a time - essentially, OneCast/Streaming just takes the images the Xbox would normally display and shows
    them elsewhere, it's not done on a per-account basis.
  4. Defcon X5 Win User

Is it possible to prevent Xbox One X from automatically disabling HDR when casting to PC?

I was experimenting with the built-in cast feature. With the Xbox companion app or thirdy-part app such as Onecast allows you to cast wirelessly.
  5. SwordofWhedon Win User

XBox One S and Oculus Rift S connections

There is an app on the oculus store that allows you to stream gamplay just like the windows app. The Roft is not compatible in any way with the Xbox hardware otherwise
  6. AlyciaBell Win User

chrome cast connection to xbox

Which chromecast app? I have an iphone so in my app store there is chromcast stream and tv cast for chromecast?
Thema:

1. Is the streaming app compatible with Chromecast? If not, will Microsoft ever allow casting... - Similar Threads - streaming app compatible

2. Bug reports for xbox series-s guide and streaming through xbox app

in XboX Insiders
    Bug reports for xbox series-s guide and streaming through xbox app: I've been experiencing an unresponsive xbox quide button while on my console, and also while streaming over the xbox app outside of games or apps i stuggle to be able to click on anything using...
  3. Issues with Xbox app streaming on Windows 11

in XBoX on Windows
    Issues with Xbox app streaming on Windows 11: Hi, I'm a concurrent Xbox app user, I bough a new Alienware laptop that came with Windows 11 pre installed, I have an Xbox Series X, and whenever I try to stream my Xbox to my laptop the app just...
  4. Controller shuts off while using streaming apps

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller shuts off while using streaming apps: My controller is now automatically shutting off whenever I use any streaming app. This sucks because I have a headset that plugs in to the controller. Is there a way for me to stop my Xbox One...
  5. trouble with game streaming in pc app

in XboX Insiders
    trouble with game streaming in pc app: I occasionally use game streaming from my series s to my pc. I did an update this morning and now it's disappeared. has anybody else had this problem and if so, have they found a fix or just the...
  6. Direct Stream From YouTube App

in XBoX Accessibility
    Direct Stream From YouTube App: At one point on the xbox one you could stream directly from the YouTube app. It was quietly removed when mixer came along. I would like to see it return on the series x or s I have upgraded to the...
  7. Question about the Windows 10/11 Xbox App and console streaming

in XboX Insiders
    Question about the Windows 10/11 Xbox App and console streaming: Hello, After some googling i couldn't find my answer to this... When i'm playing a game through the Xbox App on Windows using the "console streaming (not cloud)" thing after about 10 minutes it...
  8. Party Chat audio issues - crackling/hiss when streaming using Twitch App - fine during gameplay

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Party Chat audio issues - crackling/hiss when streaming using Twitch App - fine during gameplay: Some friends and I have been trying to stream our gameplay through our Xbox Series X machines via the twitch app and even though all of us are hardwired to the net, have decent headsets, nothing...
  9. Xbox app goes to black when streaming games

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox app goes to black when streaming games: Hey! So, since yesterday, my Xbox app goes to black and crashes when I try streaming games, both from console and from the cloud. Anyone else experiencing this? Tried support, and this was an...
  10. Xbox Windows App game streaming issue: blurry, pixelated and laggy (completely unplayable)...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Windows App game streaming issue: blurry, pixelated and laggy (completely unplayable)...: As the title says - Xbox Windows app, cloud gaming/game streaming is blurry, pixelated and very laggy. Looks like a slow waterfall of pixels at a very slow screen refresh rate (screenshot...