Is the streaming app compatible with Chromecast? If not, will Microsoft ever allow casting...

Discus and support Is the streaming app compatible with Chromecast? If not, will Microsoft ever allow casting... in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Just wondering if Microsoft will ever allow gamers to cast games to television screens. I am not sure if it is possible now. submitted by... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/aribbabar, Feb 11, 2020.

1. /u/aribbabar
    /u/aribbabar Guest

Is the streaming app compatible with Chromecast? If not, will Microsoft ever allow casting...

Just wondering if Microsoft will ever allow gamers to cast games to television screens. I am not sure if it is possible now.

submitted by /u/aribbabar
    [link] [comments]

/u/aribbabar, Feb 11, 2020
  2. PalmettoBling Win User

Android casting to Xbox 360

So if I'm understanding correctly, you want to be able to stream your console over your network to your Note 9? There is no easy way to do that. Even if you were to hook up the 360 to a PC via a capture card, and then use Remote Desktop to view into that
    PC which is capturing the 360, there would be no way to control it via that stream, assuming the wireless controller doesn't reach connection as far as you want to be.

The 360 doesn't have native streaming via the app like the Xbox One does, the SmartGlass app could connect and allow some control for system functions, but is not supported in all apps or games at all, and does not stream any video out. You COULD stream
    backwards compatible 360 games from an Xbox One to a compatible Xbox App.

But I'm sorry, if I'm correct in assuming what you're hoping to accomplish, there is no easy or good answer for you. Please let me know if I'm mistaken.
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

Possible an Idea to play Xbox 360 Games on Xbox One??

Streaming is not backwards compatibility. A streaming service - if Microsoft ever gets one off the ground - would be a video feed of an Xbox 360 game running from a server. You'd be able to play it with your Xbox One controller, but it won't allow you
    to make use of any games you have on disc. And you would likely have to pay a subscription. It won't be free.
  4. J3RS3Y DEVIL Win User

Cloud Azure Streaming Ideas/Suggestions

My thoughts are if backwards compatibility was possible, it would have happened already.

But you never know. Microsoft might still be at it with
    Arcadia

Oh and BTW, Microsoft knows every game, movie and song that has ever been played on a connected console.
  5. x24hrs2livex Win User

Xbox One Ever backwards compatible?

PlayStation Now is not backwards compatibility, its a streaming service. Backwards compatibility would be playing your old discs on the new system. MS never said they couldn't stream through the cloud but said it is problematic.
  6. D3KDAVE Win User

Problems Casting To Xbox One

I’ve tried that - numerous times -but no luck.

I managed to stream my Xbox to my Laptop using the companion app just not the other way around.
Thema:

1. Is the streaming app compatible with Chromecast? If not, will Microsoft ever allow casting... - Similar Threads - streaming app compatible

2. More games in the Xbox X cloud streaming app

in XboX Insiders
    More games in the Xbox X cloud streaming app: X cloud has been amazing I've played hours of forza on my phone and I can't believe how good it runs,but I think they should add more games like the witcher 3,fifa 20 or 19 since they added madden...
  3. When I try and launch the XBOX Stream app getting: Check your internet connection. To...

in XBoX on Windows
    When I try and launch the XBOX Stream app getting: Check your internet connection. To...: Hi Experts. I am trying to get my XBOX One to stream to my Windows 10 Pro PC and ultimately on to my Oculus Rift S Headset. I have already: 1. Installed all of the latest windows 10 updates...
  4. Xbox Twitch App Improvement Suggestions for Streaming

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Twitch App Improvement Suggestions for Streaming: When using the Twitch xbox app to stream, there are “features” i hope can be changed. When your controller batteries dies or you take it out to switch before the batteries dies, this action...
  5. AMC App live stream crashes Xbox one

in XBoX Games and Apps
    AMC App live stream crashes Xbox one: I consistently have had an issue when live streaming AMC on my xbox one. It will crash and shut down my entire Xbox console after about 50 minutes every time i watch something live wihout fail....
  6. Xbox streaming app crashing on launch

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox streaming app crashing on launch: As soon as I launch the xcloud streaming app it crashes. I managed to mash the sign in button and setup everything before it crashing, but now it just crashes as soon as I open it. I download the...
  7. AMC App live stream

in XBoX Games and Apps
    AMC App live stream: I consistently have had an issue when live streaming AMC on my xbox one. It will crash and shut down my entire Xbox console after about 50 minutes every time i watch something live wihout fail....
  8. Streaming Apps go to Black screen with Audio

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Streaming Apps go to Black screen with Audio: Most of my Streaming Apps are failing. Netflix, Amazon, Disney+, Hulu, when I select them they will begin to load, then immediately after their loading screen my screen goes black and I only get...
  9. Can't acces console streaming, I'm a xbox insider, problem from the app not the console

in XboX Insiders
    Can't acces console streaming, I'm a xbox insider, problem from the app not the console: I'm a insider.. I got the option to connect my phone to my Xbox.. And then a message pop up saying it not avaible in my region yet. It avaible since January in Canada, Quebec is in Canada, why I...
  10. Xbox streaming app

in XBoX on Mobile
    Xbox streaming app: How can I use the Xbox streaming app in Ontario as it said they will release it in January and it's now March and I can't connect due to not being in the ring or region can someone help??...