Is the Xbox One or One X Region Locked?

Discus and support Is the Xbox One or One X Region Locked? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hello, I will be moving from Japan to the U.S. If I purchase an Xbox one or a One X from Japan, will I be able to use it in the U.S and play U.S games?... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by IsaacMaes, Jun 26, 2019.

1. IsaacMaes
    IsaacMaes Guest

Hello, I will be moving from Japan to the U.S. If I purchase an Xbox one or a One X from Japan, will I be able to use it in the U.S and play U.S games? Or are the Xbox One and One X region Locked?

:)

IsaacMaes, Jun 26, 2019
  2. Daft Badger Win User

Xbox one x

No reason why not,all the other xbox ones are region free so I can't see why the xbox one x wont be.
  3. Koods Win User

xbox serial

The Xbox One X has the serial number on the outside of the box in some regions beside the retail barcode.
  4. IsaacMaes Win User

Hello, I will be moving from Japan to the U.S. If I purchase an Xbox one or a One X from Japan, will I be able to use it in the U.S and play U.S games? Or are the Xbox One and One X region Locked?
    No, the console from a disc perspective is not region locked. And baring a plug with a ground (which I do not think the US plug has) the power adapter should also work in Japan as the power requirements are the same. The only think you will need to make
    sure to do is change your purchase region to Japan from the US to purchase content locally there for digital games.

Thank you for your answer. One more follow up question. I downloaded a digital version of Halo 5 on an old xbox one when it came out. Will I be able to re download Halo 5 and any other games and or content that I purchased digitally on my old Xbox one? Once
    I change my region of course.
  5. Spazpol Win User

No, the console from a disc perspective is not region locked. And baring a plug with a ground (which I do not think the US plug has) the power adapter should also work in Japan as the power requirements are the same. The only think you will need to make
    sure to do is change your purchase region to Japan from the US to purchase content locally there for digital games.
  6. Allebas Win User

Hi IsaacMaes,

You will be able to used in it the U.S. Just change your region once you moved. Here's how:

Change your country/region on Xbox One

1. Sign in to your Xbox One console.
    2. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    3. Select Settings > All Settings > System > Language & location.
    4. Select your new location from the Location list, and then select Restart now.

If you can’t change country or region, it might be for one of these reasons:

• You changed the country or region within the last three months.
    • Your account is suspended. For example, the credit card on a subscription has expired, or your subscription has a balance due.
    • You’re legally a minor in your current country or region and won’t be a minor in the new region, or vice-versa.

Note

The funds in your Microsoft account will not move with you. Be sure to spend the money in your Microsoft account before you change your account location. We can’t transfer money between regions.

Xbox
    • If Xbox Live Gold isn’t available in your new country or region, your current subscription will remain active but might not work anymore. If it doesn’t and you want to stop paying for it, cancel
      the subscription
    • Your gamertag, unlocked achievements, and the rest of your Xbox profile info all move with you.
    • Any time left on your Xbox Live Gold subscription will be moved with your account to the new country or region.
    source https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4039267/microsoft-store-change-your-country-or-region
Thema:

1. Is the Xbox One or One X Region Locked? - Similar Threads - Region Locked

2. Are Win10 games region-locked, and if so, how?

in XBoX on Windows
    Are Win10 games region-locked, and if so, how?: Hi there, I have never bought from the MS online store, and I have a few questions regarding my particular situation. I'm French, spending some time in France at the moment, and I'm considering...
  3. Region Lock

in XBoX on Windows
    Region Lock: I wonder about region lock. Right now im living in Ukraine but im travelling between Turkey and Ukraine. I'm planning to buy horizon 4 in Turkish store but i have question. May i play in Ukraine...
  4. Code region-locked

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Code region-locked: My friend cannot redeem 2 codes which i gifted to him because they are from a different region even though we live in the same country/region. I checked online to see if i can refund it and I am...
  5. To unlock the region lock of games when we are gifting to people

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    To unlock the region lock of games when we are gifting to people: to unlock the region lock when we are trying to gift games to friends around the world there are most places where you can do the whole global codes for games but why not do it on xbox even if it...
  6. Mass Effect 3 DLC region locked?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Mass Effect 3 DLC region locked?: Hi! I'm having some issues regarding Mass Effect 3. I'm from Argentina but for some reason there's only one DLC pack available accessing the Microsoft Store from my account which is "From Ashes"....
  7. Are Microsoft store games region locked?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Are Microsoft store games region locked?: So I would like to buy the Witcher 3 GOTY edition from the MS UK store,but I live in Slovakia,will I be able to activate this code or is it region locked? d8964c0e-527c-4c9a-9f3a-3bb1fc16e6d6
  8. Are Xbox one DLC's region locked now?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Are Xbox one DLC's region locked now?: In Slovakia the Forza Horizon 4 ultimate add-ons bundle costs 50€ ,in the turkish MS store it costs 150 lira which is about 25€.If I buy it from the Turkish store will it work in Slovakia or is it...
  9. Are Game Pass codes region locked?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Are Game Pass codes region locked?: I am going to be gifted a 12 month subscription to game pass. It will be bought in the UK but my account is US. Will I be able to redeem this? 619014e9-04a5-4fc4-a45f-f4d62aa603c3
  10. Do games have a region lock?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Do games have a region lock?: Hi, I have a question. My grandma in England now and She want to buy a Xbox One game for me but I live in Turkey. If She buy game in UK, can I play this game in Turkey on my Xbox One console? Do...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Worldhttps://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4039267/microsoft-store-change-your-country-or-region