Is the Xbox One or One X Region Locked?

Discus and support Is the Xbox One or One X Region Locked? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hello, I will be moving from Japan to the U.S. If I purchase an Xbox one or a One X from Japan, will I be able to use it in the U.S and play U.S games?... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by IsaacMaes, Jun 26, 2019.

1. IsaacMaes
    IsaacMaes Guest

Hello, I will be moving from Japan to the U.S. If I purchase an Xbox one or a One X from Japan, will I be able to use it in the U.S and play U.S games? Or are the Xbox One and One X region Locked?

:)

IsaacMaes, Jun 26, 2019
  2. AquarrzSudnnym Win User

Xbox one s Power cord and supply

"everything is for X box one not xbox one S "

The Xbox One S and Xbox One X have an internal power supply that works in all regions worldwide.
  3. Daft Badger Win User

Xbox one x

No reason why not,all the other xbox ones are region free so I can't see why the xbox one x wont be.
  4. Koods Win User

xbox serial

The Xbox One X has the serial number on the outside of the box in some regions beside the retail barcode.
  5. IsaacMaes Win User

Hello, I will be moving from Japan to the U.S. If I purchase an Xbox one or a One X from Japan, will I be able to use it in the U.S and play U.S games? Or are the Xbox One and One X region Locked?
    No, the console from a disc perspective is not region locked. And baring a plug with a ground (which I do not think the US plug has) the power adapter should also work in Japan as the power requirements are the same. The only think you will need to make
    sure to do is change your purchase region to Japan from the US to purchase content locally there for digital games.

Thank you for your answer. One more follow up question. I downloaded a digital version of Halo 5 on an old xbox one when it came out. Will I be able to re download Halo 5 and any other games and or content that I purchased digitally on my old Xbox one? Once
    I change my region of course.
  6. SA1NT 0F LI3S Win User

Hello IsaacMaes,

Everything you need to know can be found
    >here<

What you need to know before you change your country/region

Moving your country/region for your Microsoft account may affect your services and subscriptions. The following is what you need to know about changing your country/region:

• Your Xbox profile information
      Your gamertag, unlocked achievements, and the rest of your Xbox profile info moves with you.
    • The money in your Microsoft account
      The funds in your Microsoft account will notmove with you. Be sure to spend the money in your account before you change your account location. We can’t transfer money between regions.
    • Your Xbox Live Gold or Xbox Game Pass subscription
      Any time left on your Xbox Live Gold or Xbox Game Pass subscription will move with your account to the new country/region.

If Xbox Live Gold and Xbox Game Pass subscriptions aren’t available in your new country/region, your current subscription will remain active but might not work anymore.

Learn more about countries where subscriptions are available

• If you find your subscription no longer works, cancel it to stop recurring billing. To cancel your subscription, see How
      to cancel your Xbox subscription.
    • Other subscriptions may not be available in your new country/region
      If you have other subscriptions (such as online role-playing games that require a third-party subscription), they will remain active in the new country/region but may no longer work. Check with the publisher of your subscription for availability
      information.

If you have recurring billing, you’ll still be charged until you cancel the subscription.
Thema:

1. Is the Xbox One or One X Region Locked? - Similar Threads - Region Locked

2. region lock

in XBoX Accessibility
    region lock: how is it that when i am going to buy a game and then click add a new way to pay its is automatically coming that i live in the united states. and the truth is that i leave in kenya. i tried going...
  3. China region locked on console xBox one

in XBoX on Consoles
    China region locked on console xBox one: I am a German, living in China and here I bought an xBox one. during setup I can only choose China as region AND language. I thought the xBox is not longer region locked in China. I tried to...
  4. Panzer Dragoon Orta Game Pass Region Locked?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Panzer Dragoon Orta Game Pass Region Locked?: Panzer Dragoon Orta isn't showing up in Game Pass even though it should be there. It's not my console as I've done everything to fix it. It appears to be available in the US but not other places...
  5. I need to buy code for my boys in South America but the ones I used are region locked

in XBoX on Consoles
    I need to buy code for my boys in South America but the ones I used are region locked: need to buy a code that works for my location a49cb103-2b29-4764-9c56-48c3defdd9f9
  6. Region locked

in XBoX on Consoles
    Region locked: So we took the xbox 1 to my friends house about an hour away. Hooked up to their internet and the online games wont play. It says region locked. How do we fix this??? Is it the internet or the...
  7. Are Win10 games region-locked, and if so, how?

in XBoX on Windows
    Are Win10 games region-locked, and if so, how?: Hi there, I have never bought from the MS online store, and I have a few questions regarding my particular situation. I'm French, spending some time in France at the moment, and I'm considering...
  8. Region Lock

in XBoX on Windows
    Region Lock: I wonder about region lock. Right now im living in Ukraine but im travelling between Turkey and Ukraine. I'm planning to buy horizon 4 in Turkish store but i have question. May i play in Ukraine...
  9. Code region-locked

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Code region-locked: My friend cannot redeem 2 codes which i gifted to him because they are from a different region even though we live in the same country/region. I checked online to see if i can refund it and I am...
  10. To unlock the region lock of games when we are gifting to people

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    To unlock the region lock of games when we are gifting to people: to unlock the region lock when we are trying to gift games to friends around the world there are most places where you can do the whole global codes for games but why not do it on xbox even if it...