Is There a Way to Choose the Seagate XBOX Expansion Card when asked to Install to Internal...

Discus and support Is There a Way to Choose the Seagate XBOX Expansion Card when asked to Install to Internal... in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I just purchased to Seagate XBOX Expansion Card and I can not figure out how to install a Series X/S Game to it when asked to install to the internal... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/xRevolutioN64x, Sep 25, 2021.

1. Is There a Way to Choose the Seagate XBOX Expansion Card when asked to Install to Internal...

I just purchased to Seagate XBOX Expansion Card and I can not figure out how to install a Series X/S Game to it when asked to install to the internal drive instead of my default USB drive. I want to keep my USB drive default because I still download and play more XBOX One Game Pass games than Series X games. I am on the latest Delta update. Please Help! Thanks!

submitted by /u/xRevolutioN64x
    [link] [comments]

/u/xRevolutioN64x, Sep 25, 2021
  2. s33r Win User

What's the Best Storage increase for XBOX SERIES X Console

The biggest difference is that if you want to play the Series X/S version of games they must be installed on the internal SSD or the Seagate SSD Expansion card. They cannot be installed on an external USB 3.0 drive, Quick Resume will also not work with any external USB drive. Previous generation games can still be launched from an external drive.

Personally I have the Seagate expansion SSD and prefer the speed and convenience it offers knowing that no matter what I'm installing the best version of the game and able to use all the enhancements that comes from playing on a Series X. It's worth noting that for the price, it's not much more that some of the high performances SSDs available for PC but it is definitely not cheap.
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

Copy games/savegames to Series S

One thing I personally cannot say for certain is if those games loading from the external hard drive will run the same way they would if they were installed straight onto the console...
    If you load games on the Series X or S from an external hard drive they will load the same as they do on a regular Xbox One. There won't be any performance issues. Games installed on a external SSD (SATA SSD not the Expansion Card) will load faster then
    they would before due to the much faster I/O on the Series X/S.

If you move your games to either the internal storage or the optional Expansion card, you will see significant loading speed improvements. They'll be massive on a game such as Odyssey. Fast traveling in 5 seconds rather than 40 on a regular Xbox One or One
    X!

To use the Series X/S 'Quick Resume' on Xbox One or other BC games will require said games to be installed internally or to the Expansion Card. Series X/S games can only be installed on the Internal or Expansion card.
  4. Bronzetooth Win User

Xbox Series X questions

You have two options with the Series X, either the official expansion card which adds 1TB extra storage, and you can run your Series X Enhanced games directly from it (link below):

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/p/seagate-storage-expansion-card-for-xbox-series-x-s/940j83pk147r?SilentAuth=1&wa=wsignin1.0

Or you can run a USB External hard drive, but you will need to copy your Series X Enhanced games from that to your internal SSD before being able to play. This is the cheaper solution if your happy to copy the games back and forth as you wish, other wise
    it's the official Seagate expansion card.

Hope that helps
  5. XBF Brad A Win User

tarjeta expansible xbox series[Translation-xbox series expandable card]

Hi Mateo,

Thanks for reaching out to the forums. We see you have an inquiry on price of the expansion card. Here is the page for the

expansion card
    and the price.

Thanks,

Brad
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

Optimized Games X|S

Hi,

Both Series X/S games and Xbox One games that been optimised (I'm British) for Series X/S must be installed on either the internal storage or the expansion card. They can not be run from a USB connected storage device. My optimised Series X/S Xbox One games
    were moved to my Expansion card during their update.
Thema:

Is There a Way to Choose the Seagate XBOX Expansion Card when asked to Install to Internal...

1. Is There a Way to Choose the Seagate XBOX Expansion Card when asked to Install to Internal... - Similar Threads - Choose Seagate Expansion

2. Xbox game pass doesn't allow me to choose my external HDD for games

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox game pass doesn't allow me to choose my external HDD for games: When I try to download a game onto my external Hard Drive in xbox game pass it only allows me to download to my C, I want to download to my D. When I go into settings to change what drive it...
  3. Forza Horizon 4 crashes after I choose my first car

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza Horizon 4 crashes after I choose my first car: Hi, it's been two days now that i'm trying everything that I find on the internet to resolve my problem but nothing worked so far. Even if I reset or re-download the game, when I get to choose my...
  4. I can't choose the RTX Minecraft version.

in XboX Insiders
    I can't choose the RTX Minecraft version.: Hi, I've been triying to join the beta program of Minecraft RTX using the insiders app but in the selection there is no insiders option at all. I have all the requierements and own the game but...
  5. Halo 3 on xbox one with xbox live gold -- how do I 'choose a valid gamer profile'?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Halo 3 on xbox one with xbox live gold -- how do I 'choose a valid gamer profile'?: I have the Halo 3 disc in my Xbox One I have xbox live gold and am signed in I'm in matchmaking when I try to sign into my profile it says... 'not allowed' -- 'some gamer profiles do not have...
  6. No xbox 360 and xbox original games in full library if you choose selected by type of consoles.

in XboX Insiders
    No xbox 360 and xbox original games in full library if you choose selected by type of consoles.: Hello. Many months have bug/issue but still not fixed. If you go to my games & apps>full library>games with gold>choose selected by type of co sonsoles, result: You see only 3 options: X series...
  7. Auto choose best available network

in XboX Insiders
    Auto choose best available network: I have a laptop with built in 2.4 ghz wifi and an external 5ghz wifi adapter. xcloud for some reason uses my internal wifi. i tried to manually set the priority but it didn't help. submitted by...
  8. How can I manually choose my storage in Series S?

in XboX Insiders
    How can I manually choose my storage in Series S?: Hello. I am using an external hdd to store some of my games. It is chosen as a default storage. However, sometimes I want to upload some other games to my internal storage. Can I choose it before...
  9. xbox series X to be able to choose the game with xs or normal patch

in XBoX Games and Apps
    xbox series X to be able to choose the game with xs or normal patch: Xbox series X to be able to choose the game with xs or normal patch because the sd disk is 1 Tb and the external hard disk I have 8 Tb and having the games the XS patch I can no longer play them...
  10. Xbox Dashboard Redesign Concept (Top: Last played game/app, then 3 places to choose the...

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Dashboard Redesign Concept (Top: Last played game/app, then 3 places to choose the...: [IMG] submitted by /u/prasad1287 [link] [comments]