Is there a way to connect Xbox controller wired to Android phone ?

Discus and support Is there a way to connect Xbox controller wired to Android phone ? in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I have the old Xbox one controller (Model number 1537 Image it's a windows version "Microsoft xbox one pad" what it is called, but not sure), is there... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Jo_Joo, Aug 7, 2020.

1. /u/Jo_Joo
    /u/Jo_Joo Guest

I have the old Xbox one controller (Model number 1537 Image it's a windows version "Microsoft xbox one pad" what it is called, but not sure), is there a way to connect it wired to my Android phone, I have Samsung S8. Is there an app that I can install to make it work, because just plugin it does nothing (using a OTG), thanks.

submitted by /u/Jo_Joo
    [link] [comments]

/u/Jo_Joo, Aug 7, 2020
    1 person likes this.
  2. Tesla 746 Win User

Question

It does not, but the Xbox One x controller does and can be used to connect with an Android phone for use with mobile gaming you just use the sync button on the controller to connect with your phone.
  3. Theory of Game Win User

Why doesn't Microsoft make a wired controller. The wireless ones are such a pain in the ***.

Hey there,

Did you know if you plug your Xbox One controller into the console via a micro USB cable (like those that come with the Play/Charge Kit or most Android Phones), the wireless function gets turned off and the controller becomes a wired controller? Very useful
    if you prefer the wired experience!

Hope this helps.
  4. Beard 0f Steel Win User

Smartglass Issues

I'm using a wired connection and the app connects to my One no problem. I'm using the android app and my phone is connecting via wireless to the network.
  5. GMS1stLDYCannon Win User

Xbox one S rarely comes on with controller?

Also you can try connected a android phone charger to controller then to console and make sire the firmware on the controller is updated.
  6. HAZMAT RADIO Win User

Can I use a set of Beats Headphones as a microphone?

Yes and no. Beats was bought by Apple sometime ago. And Apple/Beats use a different wiring standard (OMTP). The Xbox controller uses the standard that Android phones use (CTIA).

What that means is that the mic and ground wire are flipped. So when you plug in your beats headset into the controller you will be able to hear others but your mic won't work or it will just make noise.

You would need to get an OMTP to CTIA adapter.

Connecting a compatible headset to Xbox One

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/accessories/connect-compatible-headset
Thema:

1. Is there a way to connect Xbox controller wired to Android phone ? - Similar Threads - connect controller wired

2. How to connect a wired windows 10 or xbox one controller to android

in XBoX on Mobile
    How to connect a wired windows 10 or xbox one controller to android: i have a wired controller lying around and i want to see if it works on android. I tried connecting via USB but didn't work but i think it should because controllers had been used on my device...
  3. XBOX Series X Headset - wired connection to controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX Series X Headset - wired connection to controller: Is it possible to connect the sereis S/X headset to the controller via usb-c to 3.5 audio cable as a wired headset? Could this be a future firmware update? It would be nice to have the option for...
  4. Connecting wired headset to XBox wireless controller and hearing audio when the connecting...

in XBoX on Windows
    Connecting wired headset to XBox wireless controller and hearing audio when the connecting...: Hello. I want to connect wired headphones or headset to the new XBox controller via the 3.5mm jack, but I want to use the controller via Bluetooth and still hear audio in the headphones. I have...
  5. Why wont my xbox 360 wired controller connect

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why wont my xbox 360 wired controller connect: I have 3 wired controllers that work in other devices but when ever i put it in my console doesnt matter what port it just blinks i got it to work a few times if i have all pluged in but ive been...
  6. No Sound on Xbox One Wired Headset When Connected to Xbox Series S controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    No Sound on Xbox One Wired Headset When Connected to Xbox Series S controller: Hello, So I recently got the Xbox One Wired Headset and I tried connect it to my Xbox Series S controller, however, there are no sounds coming out of it. I feel like I have tried almost...
  7. cant connect power A wired xbox controller to phone

in XBoX on Mobile
    cant connect power A wired xbox controller to phone: i cant connect power A xbox controller to android i even tried usb c to usb adapter the light turned on for a second then turns off 88a3d803-f6d5-42fe-98ce-c9037a26486d
  8. cant connect wired xbox controller

in XBoX on Mobile
    cant connect wired xbox controller: i cant connect powera wired xbox controller to android device and i tried with a usb c to usb adapter 602561de-a995-4f21-9914-30f219402c20
  9. how do i connect my xbox 360 controller to my laptop wired?

in XBoX Accessibility
    how do i connect my xbox 360 controller to my laptop wired?: I am trying to connect my xbox 360 controller to my laptop wired but everything I search comes back on how to connect it to a PC but i dont own a PC so can somebody please help me...
  10. Connecting 2 wired controllers to Xbox One S

in XBoX on Consoles
    Connecting 2 wired controllers to Xbox One S: Hi, I understand that this is possible and that the second controller plugs into the USB port at the rear of the box however... when attempting to do so, the second controller is not being...