Is there a way to record more than 30 seconds with the Xbox game bar?

Discus and support Is there a way to record more than 30 seconds with the Xbox game bar? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I know there used to be an option in settings to put it up to 10 minutes but I can't find it, is it no longer possible to record more than 30 seconds?... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Bruno Gereda Rivara, Mar 17, 2022.

1. Is there a way to record more than 30 seconds with the Xbox game bar?

I know there used to be an option in settings to put it up to 10 minutes but I can't find it, is it no longer possible to record more than 30 seconds?

:)

Bruno Gereda Rivara, Mar 17, 2022
  2. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there despite the issue that you're experiencing. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regards to your concern.

Yes, there is. When background recording is turned on, you can record up to 30 minutes. Recordings automatically turn off after 30 minutes.

To manage this simply press the Windows logo key + G, and then select Settings and Capturing.

For your reference, you can check this link: https://support.xbox.com/en-CA/help/games-apps/...
  3. BHC Bluez n 2z Win User

How do you record

You can record without the Kinect. If you want to record the last 30 seconds of gameplay I believe you need the Kinect, if you want to record more than 30 second of gameplay you can do it without the Kinect.
  4. xGaIVIeR GIRLx Win User

DVR- Xbox One record that won't record error 0x82323012

If always recorded 30 mins of game play through my connect which works fine, if I want to record 5 mins of game play with the game DVR it always say error and I cannot record more than 30 seconds, I have been into settings and checked everything I just don't
    know what else to do, my Xbox just feels broken
  5. Bazajaytee Win User

How do I record 5 minutes of gameplay instead of 30 sec?

You currently can't record more than 30 seconds at a time.

To record more you need an external capture device like Elgato offer but Microsoft is bringing more options over the coming months.
  6. Farscape247 Win User

Xbox One DVR Time

snap the dvr to the side of the screen, then you can record between 30 seconds and 5 minutes at a time, xbox record that command only records past 30 seconds as a way of recording an epic moment. remember to switch between programs you double tap the xbox
    button on the controller.
Thema:

1. Is there a way to record more than 30 seconds with the Xbox game bar? - Similar Threads - record more seconds

2. Is there any way to record more than ten minutes of gameplay?

in XboX Insiders
    Is there any way to record more than ten minutes of gameplay?: Is there any way that I can record more than ten minutes of gameplay on my XSS without having to buy external hard drives, elgato equipment etc.? And if not, what is the cheapest way I can record...
  3. XBOX not recording game for more than 5 - 6 seconds

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX not recording game for more than 5 - 6 seconds: Hi All, Off late I am facing challenge that I am unable to record game on my "XBOX ONE S all digital" for more than 5 - 6 seconds. I have tried power reset as per many posts on such issue but no...
  4. Xbox One S Screen Record Issue not letting me record more then 5 seconds

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox One S Screen Record Issue not letting me record more then 5 seconds: My Xbox isn’t letting me record more then 5 second clips? Even in the setting when I have 30 second clips turned on every time I screen record it’s only 5 seconds after I press record? submitted...
  5. Recording clips and Game DVR itself are day after day more broken than before!

in XboX Insiders
    Recording clips and Game DVR itself are day after day more broken than before!: Yeah, we know that recording clips issues are already a known issue, but the problem is that now the console can't even play already saved clips from weeks ago. I have lots of offline clips that...
  6. XBOX NOT RECORDING MORE THAN 6 Seconds

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX NOT RECORDING MORE THAN 6 Seconds: When I am in game and try to record a game clip by pressing home then x button it only records 6 seconds. I have tried many different things. Please Help! 16c47f08-8ede-484c-a52a-429999fccb9d
  7. I can't record for more than two minutes on Game DVR

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't record for more than two minutes on Game DVR: On the Xbox One I use to be able to record for up to two hours with the Game DVR. Now for some reason I can't record for more than two minutes. What gives? 2ca1684e-e226-48ef-ada4-073f29958a3b
  8. how many more times do i need to record the guys or report them to get you to ban them ?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    how many more times do i need to record the guys or report them to get you to ban them ?: iv got more game clips like this talking to us 3 all this week iv report them to xbox live this was side on xbox live in game chat on ark there being race and decrimnating to people there calling...
  9. Game DVR doesn`t record any more than 41-42 seconds

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game DVR doesn`t record any more than 41-42 seconds: Greetings, When windows 10 first came out the first feature that called my attention was the Xbox game DVR within the windows. It was an awesome tool to make new awesome gameplays and without the...
  10. Why even i choose more than 5 seconds always record 5 sec videos

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why even i choose more than 5 seconds always record 5 sec videos: Why even i choose 15 or 30 or even 5 minutes at "all settings -> preferences -> game dvr & streaming" and "record that" records never record more than 5 seconds video clips unless i snap the...