Is there a way to separate game chat from game audio?

Discus and support Is there a way to separate game chat from game audio? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I would like to enjoy surround sound over speakers in a home theatre and communicate with other people at the same time. It is important that I... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by TheuNauz, Sep 22, 2022 at 11:02 AM.

1. TheuNauz
    TheuNauz Guest

Hello,

I would like to enjoy surround sound over speakers in a home theatre and communicate with other people at the same time. It is important that I only hear chat over my headset and not over the speakers. Therefore I bought a mono 1 ear chat headset. The cheaper one. I used to have such a fancy bluetooth in-earpiece with my 360, but now they don't sell these types of headsets anymore for current generations.

Anyway, when I play with friends via Xbox party, this method works perfectly. I mix the chat volume at 100%, so only hear the chat through my headset and the game audio comes through the surround system. Perfect!

However, I also play (large battle) games where in-game communication (proximity chat) is essential. In this situation, the chat somehow belongs to the game volume. So I can't use the mixer on the Xbox: I can only hear both game audio and chatter on my headset. Then you would assume that the in-game chatter cannot be separated from the rest of the in-game sound. But the interesting thing is, when I play with a headset, I don't hear any game chat through the speakers. So in game audio is definitely separable. But how?

Is this something that the game has control over? There is an in game chat/audio mixer, but that makes no sense, because if I switch off the game audio there, it also disappears on the surround. What's going wrong now? Is there a possibility to control this?

I'm playing on XSX.

Thanks in advance!

:)

2. [ A J ] Win User

Hi, TheuNauz! thank you for reaching out.

My name is AJ, I'm an Independent Advisor for the Xbox Community.

I'm sorry to hear the games' audio is having a negative impact on your ideal gaming experience. Unfortunately, separating game chat from game audio is currently not possible.

I understand how this could seem a bit contradicting when considering the fact that game chat is automatically separated from the game's main audio if a headset is plugged in; however, this separation can't be achieved manually.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Best regards.
  3. ThisGameIsSucky Win User

Club chat thoughts

The Xbox Live Clubs could benefit from the use of voice parties integrated into the club menus separate from party chat and game chat, if you catch my drift?
  4. DrifterX22 Win User

Should Xbox add a voice control for Parties ?

It may be useful but you can get headphones that are able to control party chat volume separate from game volume.
  5. XBF Diego M Win User

Cant use mic on windows 10

Hi Isaiah,

It seems the issue is related to the in-game chat option not working properly in a streaming format since your mic and headsets works in other formats and they work separately on different displays.

What happens if you invite your brother's profile to an Xbox Live party chat and communicate that way? Is there an audio or mic issue when forming a party chat and choosing to not speak in game chat?
  6. FullM3ta1Jack3t Win User

Headset not working

Hello ese2320,

Is there a volume wheel on one of the ear pieces of the headset? Because on the wireless version headset there is, and the chat volume is separated from it. Check that, because it could be all the way down.
Thema:

1. Is there a way to separate game chat from game audio? - Similar Threads - separate game chat

2. XBOX - This Content Require a Game (Sold Separately)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    XBOX - This Content Require a Game (Sold Separately): So, i found that FFXV WINDOWS EDITION 4K Resolution Pack on XBOX is free to Download. But there is warning "This Content Require a Game (Sold Separately): Can i really play it freely after i...
  3. Will my son lose his progress in a game pass game if he buys it separately?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Will my son lose his progress in a game pass game if he buys it separately?: My son downloaded SW Battlefront II with a game pass. He would now like to purchase the game instead of buying a game pass extension. Will he lose the progress he made on his game pass version of...
  4. Can’t play My Disc Game On separate account?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can’t play My Disc Game On separate account?: I have two accounts on my Xbox One. My main account seems to work fine with my disc game but my other doesn’t? I did set it up as my home Xbox. Whenever I try to insert the disc it says “do you...
  5. Xbox Game pass charged on 2 separate accounts

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox Game pass charged on 2 separate accounts: Hi, Ive been charged for Xbox Game pass for PC on 2 separate accounts in which in no longer have access to. Microsoft help keeps suggesting me to sign in and request a refund in which I cant!...
  6. Cant play games on my xbox one when my son is playing on his separate xbox one

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cant play games on my xbox one when my son is playing on his separate xbox one: I have an xbox one in the living room which has live and Game Pass on it. At xmas we bought my son an xbox one and put it in his room. I logged into it so he has live and Game Pass so can...
  7. does xcloud have a separated sign from game pass ultimate or will have?

in XboX Insiders
    does xcloud have a separated sign from game pass ultimate or will have?: since microsoft bought activision blizzard and geoff made this tweet https://twitter.com/geoffkeighley/status/1483614576134406145 i admit that i whant to sign the game pass for cloud to can...
  8. game chat Tv speakers but separate microphone

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    game chat Tv speakers but separate microphone: hi i have an xbox series s and want to use tv speakers but be able to use game chat to talk to friends. how can i do that?> bd3213c4-f4fc-4549-ab31-4fd2acf9dbf4
  9. Separating chat from game audio while streaming from xbox one to PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Separating chat from game audio while streaming from xbox one to PC: When streaming from the xbox to a PC (with a controller and headset connected to the PC) is there any way to have the chat audio only on the headset while the rest of the game audio go to a...
  10. head set won't separate games noise from chat and I want it to change

in XBoX on Consoles
    head set won't separate games noise from chat and I want it to change: I have tried to set my headset to stop tv and game volume so I can hear the people I'm trying to talk to but can't fix it. WTF f9848e3f-4088-4208-b4e9-963e6b75ab79