Is there a way to share games within a family?

Discus and support Is there a way to share games within a family? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; We originally set up the xbox and games on my account/gamertag. I made my son a separate sign in/gamertag under "family" so I can restrict screen time,... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by AttachedNose8, Oct 2, 2019.

1. Is there a way to share games within a family?

We originally set up the xbox and games on my account/gamertag. I made my son a separate sign in/gamertag under "family" so I can restrict screen time, but now the games don't show up for him. Is there a way I can share the games with him? He's really
    the one who plays Fortnight, not me. Help!

:)

AttachedNose8, Oct 2, 2019
  2. ThisGameIsSucky Win User

The best way would be to use the "Home Xbox" setting.

Set the account that owns all of the games as the "Home Xbox" and the restart the console and everything that can be downloaded from that account should then be visible to every other account on the console, and useable since now the account would then be
    tied to the console itself.

You can learn more about this future here.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/games/game-setup/my-home-xbox
  3. Bokor Zombie Win User

Hi
    AttachedNose8

Thank you for bringing this question to the Xbox Forum.There are two ways you can do this one is if you are both on the same xbox he can share every game on there regardless. The second way is if he has a seperate xbox you set his to Home Xbox in settings
    and he has access to all your games.

The main thing though is Fortnite is a free game to Download so therefore you should just be able to download it to his account.
  4. ImpaledGremlin Win User

Hi it's really easy as stated above.

If it's one xbox just set it as your home xbox and then anyone using it with their account gets access to all your games.

If you have 2 boxes then set theirs as your home xbox and your one as theirs so you both access to all games.

It also allows you to share gold this way to allow you both to be online
  5. sandy the hippy Win User

Game share broke friends xbox

It should also be noted that using game share in this way isn't allowed.

The game share feature is intended for family members within the same household, and sharing login details is against the terms and conditions of Xbox live.
  6. onyxishere Win User

Refund

@KiloTrayFlexinq - please do not ask to game share on the forums. Game sharing is meant for consoles within a single house, not for sharing with other people or friends.
Thema:

1. Is there a way to share games within a family? - Similar Threads - share games within

2. PC Game Pass players, share your Battlestations

in XBoX on Windows
    PC Game Pass players, share your Battlestations: Are you a PC Game Pass user? If you are, cool! Share your gaming rigs with the community! I'll start off. i7 8700 Processor MSI Z370-A PRO Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB ASUS RTX 2080 8GB...
  3. Sharing only 1 game from my account to other account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Sharing only 1 game from my account to other account: Good Morning everyone, I wasn't abe to find hints or explanation how I can share my account for other xbox console, but with limits. I want to share only 1 game from my account and thats it. 2nd...
  4. Sharing live and games in one house on two consoles...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Sharing live and games in one house on two consoles...: I have two xbox's in one house, mine and my 11yr old sons. We share my xbox live account, I have my main profile on my console in the living room with the gold sub along with EA access. I have...
  5. Sharing Game Pass Ultimate

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Sharing Game Pass Ultimate: I have Xbox Game Pass Ultimate, my xbox is set as my home xbox but when my son signs in on the same xbox he doesnt have any of the Gold live benefits like multiplayer gaming or discounted game...
  6. Family sharing games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Family sharing games: I added my child to family account. Before he was playing Xbox 1 on my account. Games were purchased on my account. Now when he logs in, he cannot play the games. It is telling us the games have...
  7. Sharing XBox games between children

in XBoX on Consoles
    Sharing XBox games between children: If I purchase a game for one of my children, how can the other children use it under their accounts as well. Their accounts are on the same console and I do not wish to purchase the games for each...
  8. Two Xbox ones - help with sharing games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Two Xbox ones - help with sharing games: Hi, I’ve been trying to set up both xbox’s to allow them to use each others games and in future only by the one! I have set them both up as My Home Xbox and created their automatic sign in, by...
  9. Game sharing on Xbox One within families.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Game sharing on Xbox One within families.: I have 4 children and 3 Xbox One consoles. I am getting so mad now regarding shared access to download games!!! I stopped buying discs a while ago to save money, the kids were smaller and had a...
  10. Xbox One sharing games within family

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One sharing games within family: Hi i am going to buy Xbox One S and there is one thing i want to know. At home i will have 1 Xbox with my account and games, the question is - if i add my brother microsoft account to my Xbox(he...