Is there a way to stop my Series X from installing the Xbox avatar apps??

Discus and support Is there a way to stop my Series X from installing the Xbox avatar apps?? in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I know it isn't a big issue but everytime there is a console update (which is quite often as I'm in the Alpha skip ahead) it will reinstall both of the... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/KnuckleHeadTOKE, Sep 14, 2021.

1. Is there a way to stop my Series X from installing the Xbox avatar apps??

I know it isn't a big issue but everytime there is a console update (which is quite often as I'm in the Alpha skip ahead) it will reinstall both of the avatar apps. I have 0 interest in creating a avatar. It would be nice if when I uninstall them that they stay uninstalled.

submitted by /u/KnuckleHeadTOKE
    [link] [comments]

/u/KnuckleHeadTOKE, Sep 14, 2021
  2. Njal the Blue Win User

When does the xbox one x get the avatar editor update?

Have you put the app on the S to see if that is enrolled. If none are showing on your profile on the X, means you aren't in the Insider Preview and you will not get any insider updates. Are you 100% sure that avatar beta is installed on the S? My gamerpic
    on here is from the avatar beta, not the best way to view my avatar
  3. Tezzarrific Win User

compatibility

nope, series s or x only, even pc's way more powerful than the series x still struggle, it would be like stop motion on the original xbox one and s models.
  4. Obsessive Power Win User

3.0 2Tb Seagate HDD comparability

Hi,

Your drive will work the same on Series X as it does on Xbox One and you won't need to format it.

However, Series X games or Xbox One games with Series X enhancements will not run from that drive and will either need to be installed internally or to an external SSD designed for Series X/S.

Your hard drive will be too slow for Series X games. They can be stored there, but not run from there.
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

Optimized Games X|S

Hi,

Both Series X/S games and Xbox One games that been optimised (I'm British) for Series X/S must be installed on either the internal storage or the expansion card. They can not be run from a USB connected storage device. My optimised Series X/S Xbox One games
    were moved to my Expansion card during their update.
  6. enad2k Win User

Unable to remote install games on Xbox Series X from the Microsoft Store or from Game Pass mobile app

Hi,

Thank you for affirming, it's not just me.

Same deal. I upgraded from the original Xbox One to a Series X. I could manage games from both the Xbox app and Game Pass app to my original Xbox One. I put my Series X into service on 1/28/21. Apparently ,from what I have seen there must have been app updates to the Game Pass app.

Now as you said, I cannot manage or install Game Pass apps remotely from the Game Pass app to the Series X. However, it looks like the Xbox App can manage the Series X.

I also factory reset the original Xbox One and packed it up. I also removed my original Xbox One from the Devices tab on my account.microsoft.com page and made sure my Series X was set as my home xbox.

Pretty confident that this is not me nor you.

Figured I would mention I have the same issue and hope they fix it soon.

For what it is worth, you can filter games in the Xbox app on your phone to show Game Pass games along with optimized for SeriesX|S and platform as Xbox One. Then you can at least see the Game Pass games in the Xbox app and remote install them that way as a work around.
Thema:

Is there a way to stop my Series X from installing the Xbox avatar apps??

1. Is there a way to stop my Series X from installing the Xbox avatar apps?? - Similar Threads - stop Series installing

2. "Installation Stopped" - Issues with installing/updating on the Xbox Series X

in XBoX Games and Apps
    "Installation Stopped" - Issues with installing/updating on the Xbox Series X: I have been experiencing some issues when installing/updating games on my Series X. When I start a download, everything starts out just fine but then out of nowhere, “Installation Stopped”. The...
  3. Xbox Series S Controller buttons stop working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S Controller buttons stop working: So this is the second controller this has happened to. I’ll go to start my Xbox with the controller as usual, and that works fine. But then once the Xbox is on, the controller is useless. It’s...
  4. Series X left bumper stopped working

in XBoX Accessibility
    Series X left bumper stopped working: Hi all, I've only had my XSX since May and now the left bumper has stopped working. Its still under warranty however I purchased it from Currys PC World, would they be able to help with a...
  5. A big problem the xbox series x dashboard version and stops at version 210608-1700

in XboX Insiders
    A big problem the xbox series x dashboard version and stops at version 210608-1700: Hi for two weeks I have bought my xbox x series and have rechecked several problems with audio in the dashboard and in the chat groups. I then decided to do a hard rest to factory settings of my...
  6. Xbox series X usb ports stopped working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X usb ports stopped working: Hey, last night i powered off my series x and upon waking up the controller i had plugged in via usb wasn't responding and i discovered after plugging the cable into my phone that the port was the...
  7. xbox series x couldn't stop startup sound and it scared my daughter

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox series x couldn't stop startup sound and it scared my daughter: I had set "Settings > Power & Startup > Power mode & Startup " ,chime to off and energy-saving power mode.But it didn't work! On xsx startup, the sound occurred at the black xbox icon appearing....
  8. Xbox series S installation keeps stopping

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series S installation keeps stopping: Has this ever happened to anyone? I've been trying to download pc building simulator and the installation stopped at about 90% and it wouldn't resume submitted by /u/UcidGamer [link] [comments]
  9. Installation Stopped on Series X

in XboX Insiders
    Installation Stopped on Series X: When i try download Apex legends on my series X the download goes to around 70% and then says installation stopped, if i try install again it still does not work, ive tried almost all the main...
  10. Installation Stopped While Downloading Games - Series X

in XboX Insiders
    Installation Stopped While Downloading Games - Series X: Wondering if anyone else is having installation issues after joining the insiders program. On the series X I can't get the game to download more than 100-200 MBs before the download will pause and...