Is there a way to stop my Xbox account from signing in when I use my Microsoft account?

Discus and support Is there a way to stop my Xbox account from signing in when I use my Microsoft account? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Essentially, my main Microsoft account has a Minecraft account linked to it, but the Xbox account linked to my Microsoft account does not. Whenever I... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Usman Ahmad1, Jul 2, 2022.

1. Usman Ahmad1
    Usman Ahmad1 Guest

Is there a way to stop my Xbox account from signing in when I use my Microsoft account?

Essentially, my main Microsoft account has a Minecraft account linked to it, but the Xbox account linked to my Microsoft account does not. Whenever I log into my Microsoft account in Minecraft, it immediately logs into Xbox. Is there a way to stop this, or make it so that it doesn't sign into the Xbox?

:)

Usman Ahmad1, Jul 2, 2022
  2. ImAice Win User

Hi! My name is Pam. I'm an Independent Advisor and I'll be glad to help you today.

I'm afraid your Microsoft account and Xbox account are considered as one so technically, you are using the Xbox account to play Minecraft as it is for gaming and there's no way to stop that since it is just one email.

Let me know if you have further questions.
  3. GilbertNeiva Win User

Xbox Two Step Verification

Apparently, two step verification is very finicky. Here is what I mean. When I log into my Microsoft account on my desktop, where I enter my password there is also an option that says other ways to sign in. I click that and choose use authentication app. I then verify my sign in and now my Xbox will ask me to verify my sign in with the authentication app. However, when I sign in to my Microsoft account with my iPhone, where I enter my password, there is an option that says, use authentication app and not other ways to sign in. So I click on use authentication app, and verify my sign in. Using this method makes my sign in with my Xbox skip verification. Why is this? BTW, when I use my iPhone to sign into my Microsoft account, I am using Safari.
  4. JordEQ. Win User

Help

When i set the xbox up i got a default account ‘summersquid’ i then made another account ‘letjord’ i have since removed ‘summersquid’ from my xbox and now only have ‘letjord’ i use the same email that i sign into the letjord account that i use to sign into
    the xbox app or my microsoft account but when i do so it just comes up with the ‘summersquid’ account?

I have been on my microsoft account and checked to see if there is any other emails but there is only the one email linked to the account which is the one i sign into my main account with but when i use that same email for my microsoft account it signs me
    into ‘summersquid’
  5. ngocphi Win User

Is there a way to stop people from signing in to my account from their xbox?

if its really someone you don't know then you can call support for an unauthorized access case

Or simply change the password and require sign in

However your console must be set to home for the later to work

The first one well it takes 5-7 business days depending on case load and your account is locked during this period which means you can't access it till they finish
  6. SubpotentBog41 Win User

Gamer tag to MS account

I am not sure how it happened. I already had a Microsoft account. When I got my xbox I created an account and got a gamer tag while setting up my xbox. I signed up for xbox live from my xbox using my existing gamer tag and Microsoft account. I then went
    to xbox live and signed in using my Miicrosoft account, and for some reason when I did this a new gamer tag was created and associate to my Microsoft account. So, now when I log into xbox live I see one gamer tag. But on my xbox I have a different gamer
    tag.
Thema:

1. Is there a way to stop my Xbox account from signing in when I use my Microsoft account? - Similar Threads - stop account signing

2. I got a suspension when my friend was on my account and I don’t know how to stop it

in XBoX on Consoles
    I got a suspension when my friend was on my account and I don’t know how to stop it: I need help to get rid of my suspension since my friend was on my account 0f326e84-f5c0-4b28-9628-57605e471e48
  3. Account suspension notice won't stop appearing.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Account suspension notice won't stop appearing.: I'm embarrassed, shameful, and disgusted with what I did to receive the suspensions that I got, which were rightfully given to me. I what was told of me to to, and I let my suspension play out...
  4. Microsoft Account Recovery not working and need to stop autopayment on XBox Live

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft Account Recovery not working and need to stop autopayment on XBox Live: I have submitted multiple account recovery requests over the past months but each results in an email stating the account cannot be verified. I no longer have the Xbox and cannot stop autopayment...
  5. how to stop being a ‘child’ on a family account?

in XBoX on Consoles
    how to stop being a ‘child’ on a family account?: hi, i was messing around with settings one time and accidentally addrd myself to a family with another user. now i cannot play mutliplayer on games because it counts me as a child? ive left the...
  6. How do I stop in-app purchases on a device without deleting the device from my account?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I stop in-app purchases on a device without deleting the device from my account?: It won't let me remove the credit card, so how do I stop these in-app purchases? cbecb193-2539-455f-bc18-2f3a40a44240
  7. Microsoft need to stop smurf accounts

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft need to stop smurf accounts: Sure we have tools in place like blocking players but in competitive games it makes a mockery of ranking systems. You end up with one of two types of smurf: 1: a very skilled high rank player...
  8. I want to cancel my subscription and stop it from my account

in XBoX on Consoles
    I want to cancel my subscription and stop it from my account: I want to cancel my subsciption immediately and stop it from pulling from my account. And I need help because I cannot seem to do!!!!!!! 6be301dc-89d9-4087-b3bf-880a5049ad1c
  9. How to stop Microsoft Minesweeper choosing wrong Xbox account for sign-in

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to stop Microsoft Minesweeper choosing wrong Xbox account for sign-in: Hello, Whenever I run Microsoft Minesweeper it automatically signs me under my Hotmail / Microsoft account. But I use my Gmail account for my xBox sign-in. Other games don't do this. I've...
  10. Is there a way to stop people from signing in to my account from their xbox?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there a way to stop people from signing in to my account from their xbox?: my friend gave my account to someone from another state and that person keeps logining me out in the middle of a game. I need help please, this is for xbox one btw....