Is there a way to transfer a disc into Xbox 1 and never use the disc again?

Discus and support Is there a way to transfer a disc into Xbox 1 and never use the disc again? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi so recently my xbox 1 that i’ve had since it first came out no longer reads discs and I cant afford a new one at this present time but also wanted... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by DripTorch, Oct 23, 2019.

1. DripTorch
    DripTorch Guest

Hi

so recently my xbox 1 that i’ve had since it first came out no longer reads discs and I cant afford a new one at this present time but also wanted to find out if its possible to transfer a disc into your xbox without having to paying for another one? And
    get rid of all my disc games in one swoop anyone know how to help me?

:)

DripTorch, Oct 23, 2019
  2. DripTorch Win User

I figured that was the only way thanks for your help
  3. M3tal Daz3 Win User

Every disc based game includes a code that should be identified by the console for the game to function. This is why digital games are becoming more frequent.
  4. Smwutches Win User

Unfortunately the only way to do so would be to purchase the games digitally.
  5. LegoNinja187 Win User

Also keep an eye on the Games With Gold titles as there may be some pop up that you have on disc, I've found that there have been a few games pop up there that I have owned on disc and redeemed, and now I dont' need to insert those discs to play those
    games, and check out game pass as well.
  6. W3tStrang Win User

Xbox to PC

I already have the game on disc on Xbox 1, and am asking if the progress will transfer.
Thema:

1. Is there a way to transfer a disc into Xbox 1 and never use the disc again? - Similar Threads - transfer disc never

2. How do i transfer Magic Kingdoms? I want my game data transfered to new laptop without...

in XBoX on Windows
    How do i transfer Magic Kingdoms? I want my game data transfered to new laptop without...: please help I want old onto new 1d19d1fa-2f46-4845-8b16-ebca9b830f24
  3. After network transfer, still need disc to play?

in XBoX on Consoles
    After network transfer, still need disc to play?: My kids each have their own XBOX. Both are hooked up to our home WiFi network. One kid owns Battlefront II and likes to do multiplayer. The other kid wants to also do multiplayer, on his own XBOX,...
  4. physical disc license issue - can i transfer license to download

in XBoX on Consoles
    physical disc license issue - can i transfer license to download: Hi Bought a physical version of Madden 19 which installed and updated, have played it a few times. Today the console informed me it couldn't read the licence information on the disc. Currently...
  5. possible to transfer installed xbox live arcade games/digital disc games from xbox 360 to xbox ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    possible to transfer installed xbox live arcade games/digital disc games from xbox 360 to xbox ...: hey all I recently bought myself the basic xbox one on my birthday two days ago with my christmas and birthday money combined, anyway I have an xbox 360 that I was using before hand and I have a...
  6. Did a license transfer and downloaded a game and it says disc is unreadable.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Did a license transfer and downloaded a game and it says disc is unreadable.: I'm new to this website. But I need help. I did a license transfer with a friend and download GTA 5. Every time I launch it, it says that the disc is unreadable. Please help, this is frustrating....
  7. Does my data transfer from discs to downloads?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Does my data transfer from discs to downloads?: Hello. A long while back I played the Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, on my Xbox 360. I made a lot of progress on it, then my disc was unable to be read. I wish to re-obtain the game through the xbox...
  8. Can't read disc error and can't transfer content to USB

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't read disc error and can't transfer content to USB: Hi, I've got a problem with my 360 that I'm wondering if anyone else has encountered. I've downloaded some games recently from Games with Gold to my hard drive. The games start up, except...
  9. 360 disc drive died - transfer PvZ GW game data to One?

in XBoX on Consoles
    360 disc drive died - transfer PvZ GW game data to One?: do my 360 has finally carked it. So I went and bought the game on One (of course) and then after I loaded it and started at rank 0. Of course. So then I google. and as of over a year a ago,...
  10. Xbox 360 S refusing to recognize games on disc, updates or DLC after transfer from older HDD

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 S refusing to recognize games on disc, updates or DLC after transfer from older HDD: I recently migrated all my game content to an Xbox 360 S (250GB) from an Elite-model 120GB HDD, but encountered severe problems almost instantly. Games acquired digitally work fine, but those on...