Is there a way to use Xbox Gift Cards between different regions and countries?

Discus and support Is there a way to use Xbox Gift Cards between different regions and countries? in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Hey Lads, got a question that needs answering. So I'm from the UK, I'm game sharing with a person from Ireland. We both want Dying Light 2 so we agreed... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Stielhand, Oct 16, 2021.

1. /u/Stielhand
    /u/Stielhand Guest

Hey Lads, got a question that needs answering. So I'm from the UK, I'm game sharing with a person from Ireland. We both want Dying Light 2 so we agreed to split 50/50.

My question is, can I or can he send a Gift Card to the other person. I've already done a lil research and it doesn't seem possible, but I've seen people (from years ago) say they could change the location of their Xbox to whatever country the card is from and it supposedly works, now the Internet is the Internet full of people who tell nothing but the truth, so I just need some people to educate me if it is actually possible.

submitted by /u/Stielhand
    [link] [comments]

/u/Stielhand, Oct 16, 2021
  2. xFad3dNovax Win User

Friend bought me a gift

Never had a problem with gift cards between different regions before. It failed when it was anything else, but gift cards seemed to work fine.

I simply purchase a gift card through Xbox, in my current currency of course, and provide the code to my friend in a different region.

Works fine and avoids lying about your region (aka breaking the terms).
  3. steeledwand7664 Win User

Splitting a payment

There is not a way to split payment between two credit cards. what you can do is purchase a xbox gift card with one of the credit cards put that xbox gift card onto the account then you would be able to split the payment between the gift card balance choose
    this first as the first option that you want to use to pay then it will ask you how you want to pay the difference and then you can use the other credit card.
  4. Smwutches Win User

Region Problem

Gift cards will only work for the region they are made for. There is no way to make them work in a different region.
  5. Nursemorph Win User

Gift Card for Xbox, movies and Microsoft

What does it say when you try to redeem it? Are you in the same region as the gift card you purchased...ie as it's a US $ card, are you in the United States? As gift cards in a different currency cannot be redeemed in a different region....I have a UK account and can't redeem US $ cards
  6. Smwutches Win User

I have a question or issue with my Microsoft account

Gift cards will only work in the region they were created for. There is no way to change the region of a gift card.
Thema:

1. Is there a way to use Xbox Gift Cards between different regions and countries? - Similar Threads - Gift Cards between

2. Gift cards

in XBoX on Windows
    Gift cards: my gift card has been deactivated 3d3f7f48-57e9-49b5-9e66-747d42230a9a
  3. Can i use an xbox gift card to buy minecraft java edition?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can i use an xbox gift card to buy minecraft java edition?: Minecraft now requires a microsoft account to get it even fore the java edition so i want to know if i can buy java edition with a xbox gift card d209fcfe-e0ed-433b-8690-d0e690d39598
  4. Xbox gift card code not recognised

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox gift card code not recognised: I cant redeem a xbox gift card it says the code is not recognised, can anyone help? d602b707-ef63-4733-8bac-c7efee40b67d
  5. Xbox gift card unreadable!!

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox gift card unreadable!!: I scratched off the code and first 4 number/letters are u readable?! Keep trying contact us on Xbox page however can’t get through keeps coming up try again is there any other Avenue to contact...
  6. received a 5$ gift card from Microsoft but can't use it to buy a 4.99$ game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    received a 5$ gift card from Microsoft but can't use it to buy a 4.99$ game: hello, i received a 5$ gift card from Microsoft, and i can see them in the payment option, but when i decide to buy a 4.99 game from the store, it asks me to change my region. The game is from US...
  7. i redeemed a gift card but it appears in a different location and correct currency

in XBoX Accessibility
    i redeemed a gift card but it appears in a different location and correct currency: Hi i got given a gift card that i added via the pc, i just upgraded to W11 and it appears that it has added a different default location to my profile so doesn't allow me to use the credit as it...
  8. Question about digital microsoft gift card

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Question about digital microsoft gift card: For example, If i redeem a microsoft gift card from Microsoft reward does it automatically goes into yours account or is there like you have to put a code in to redeem it. Also how do you use them...
  9. Gift card and account balance money transfer between store countries

in XboX Insiders
    Gift card and account balance money transfer between store countries: Hello what do you think if we could convert our gift card to another country there are surely people here even if it can be she who have a few pennies or cents but who could surely be used for a...
  10. What’s the difference between a regular XBox gift card and one that says XBox Live?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    What’s the difference between a regular XBox gift card and one that says XBox Live?: I know the majority of you will think this is a stupid question but I’m just a mom not a gamer. Anyways... My son is wanting V-Bucks for Fortnite for Christmas and asked or a XBox gift card. When...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xbox gift card