Is there any way to delete save files from the cloud anymore?

Discus and support Is there any way to delete save files from the cloud anymore? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I know there used to be a way to do it, but every time I go to delete a save file, it only does it from the local hardware.... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by ThaBrettman18, Feb 25, 2020.

1. Is there any way to delete save files from the cloud anymore?

I know there used to be a way to do it, but every time I go to delete a save file, it only does it from the local hardware.

:)

ThaBrettman18, Feb 25, 2020
  2. ThaBrettman18 Win User

Thanks for the reply! But that's the exact issue I'm having. There is no option for "delete everywhere" that pops up when I'm managing my games and apps. The only option I get is "delete saved data" which only deletes from my harddrive and not the cloud
    as I have tested it already.
  3. Daft Badger Win User

If you highlight the tile of the game you want to delete the cloud save from,press start on your controller (the button with the 3 lines on it),the "manage games & add ons",then highlight "saved data" you'll see a "delete all" tab & underneath there'll
    be a bit with your gamer picture on it,click on that & the option to "delete everywhere" will be in the middle.If you click on that it will delete your save from the console & the cloud save.
  4. AquarrzSudnnym Win User

Thanks for the reply! But that's the exact issue I'm having. There is no option for "delete everywhere" that pops up when I'm managing my games and apps. The only option I get is "delete saved data" which only deletes from my harddrive and not the
    cloud as I have tested it already.
    Are you using a xbox360 or XBOX one?
  5. XBF Eladio M Win User

Thank you for taking the time to post this on the Xbox Forums. We understand that you are currently experiencing difficulties with being able to delete your save data from the Cloud storage.

As stated by Xbox Forums Ambassador Daft Badger, once you select the save data that you want delete, you are prompted with two choices, one
    of which will permanently delete your save data.

This is also depicted in the
    Xbox One cloud game saves FAQ

Additionally, there are certain games that save data to remote in-game servers, which might explain why you are unable to delete save data of a certain title.

It should be possible to re-sync your save data by launching the game once more and then closing the game properly, to completely delete your save data by selecting the option Delete everywhere.

Give this a try and let us know if this works for you!
  6. Frizio I iB Win User

Reset Joy Ride Turbo

the only way is to delete the game save file...

Then when you load the game the xbox will ask you to recover the game save from the cloud... just don't do it!

Try that way and see if it will work ;)
Thema:

1. Is there any way to delete save files from the cloud anymore? - Similar Threads - delete save files

2. Can’t delete game save files from the cloud.

in XboX Insiders
    Can’t delete game save files from the cloud.: Title says it all. I went back to play Assassin’s Creed Unity out of boredom and wanted to start a new save file, but there’s no option to do it in game and I can’t do it from my system storage...
  3. Save File randomly deleted and no appearing on cloud saves

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Save File randomly deleted and no appearing on cloud saves: My wwe 2k20 save progress has been lost, when i logged into the game this evening i found all my progress was gone so i closed the game and redownloaded my save from the cloud but when i got back...
  4. In Game Pass for PC, uninstalling a game also deletes the save files?

in XBoX on Windows
    In Game Pass for PC, uninstalling a game also deletes the save files?: Does Xbox Game Pass for PC have cloud saves? Does uninstalling the game also delete the save files? I had an issue with Vampyr so I uninstalled and re-installed thinking it would help. After...
  5. ReCore deleted my saved file

in XBoX Games and Apps
    ReCore deleted my saved file: Hello, Last night I was enjoying ReCore (around 6-7hours in the game) and I exit and shutdown my PC. This morning I booted up and started the game and the game started from the beginning. I got a...
  6. Accidentally deleted borderlands 2 save file from backwards compatible borderlands 2

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Accidentally deleted borderlands 2 save file from backwards compatible borderlands 2: Accidentally deleted borderlands 2 save file from backwards compatible borderlands 2 (xbox 360 disk) and cannot get it back. I was a level 61 and do not want to have to restart. If there is any...
  7. Game asks me to delete and redownload all saved files

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game asks me to delete and redownload all saved files: ls this legit or someone trying to get me to delete all my save files? "There is a problem with your saved games. You will need to delete and sync them again to play. To do this, go to settings >...
  8. xbox one delete save files from console

in XBoX Games and Apps
    xbox one delete save files from console: after getting stuck in the can't move glitch, I deleted files from my console, while online, I then restarted the game and it synchronised, but the save files were from days ago, because I can't...
  9. Delete a Cloud Saved Game File

in XBoX on Consoles
    Delete a Cloud Saved Game File: Hey there. I was basically wondering if there is a way to delete a file and the Xbox cloud service. I would like to start Horizon 3 from scratch for every time, it's synced with my cloud...
  10. Deleted accounts and all save files terminated

in XBoX on Consoles
    Deleted accounts and all save files terminated: Hi, I was on my 360 and my sibling played it and returning to my console an hour later to discover all versions of the same profile had been deleted. It is possible my sibling took off my accounts...