Is there any way to transfer disc games from an older console to the Series S with smart...

Discus and support Is there any way to transfer disc games from an older console to the Series S with smart... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, sorry if this question has already been asked, but how would Smart Delivery work with Xbox 360 Games? I have Xbox 360 disc games that I'd like... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by fujyoft, Nov 16, 2020.

1. fujyoft
    fujyoft Guest

Is there any way to transfer disc games from an older console to the Series S with smart...

Hello, sorry if this question has already been asked, but how would Smart Delivery work with Xbox 360 Games? I have Xbox 360 disc games that I'd like to transfer over to the Series S but I'm not sure how that works, or if its even possible.

:)

fujyoft, Nov 16, 2020
  2. SwordofWhedon Win User

Is there any way to transfer disc games from an older console to the Series S with smart delivery ?

Smart Delivery is just the system recognizing which console you’re using so whatever you download is the best version your hardware can run.

You cannot use disc games on the Series S, and there is no disc to digital program at this time. You must own the title digitally to use it on your console
  3. Smwutches Win User

Is there any way to transfer disc games from an older console to the Series S with smart delivery ?

You would have to buy the games digitally (if possible) in order to play them on the Series S. Smart Delivery is for games that are being released on both the One and Series S/X so you can get the next-gen version without having to pay twice.
  4. dempup Win User

Will the Xbox Series S in any way be able to access/play physical media?

Hi there.

Thank you for reaching out to the forum. No, you will not in any way be able to use or transfer any games from physical disc releases to the Series S.
  5. Daft Badger Win User

Xbox Network Game Transfer - Series S

The Series S has no disc drive so he wouldn't be able to play any disc based games on it.You could transfer them over but you would still need the disc in the console to verify the licence which you wouldn't be able to do on the Series S.

He would either need to keep the console he has or buy the Series X if you are planning on getting a next gen console.
  6. dempup Win User

New xbox generation

Hi There.

You are not able to use external Disc drives or network transfer of gaming disc to the Series S.

The Series S is digital download only and physical game discs are not usable on the system.
Thema:

1. Is there any way to transfer disc games from an older console to the Series S with smart... - Similar Threads - transfer disc games

2. Transferring from disc to digital download

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Transferring from disc to digital download: Hi, I've been using the disc version of modern warfare, if I download the digital version straight onto console will my previous purchases, rank level etc remain ?...
  3. Transferring Disc Game Data from Xbox One to Xbox Series S

in XBoX on Consoles
    Transferring Disc Game Data from Xbox One to Xbox Series S: Hi, I'm selling my Xbox One S and getting an Xbox Series S. I have saved data from a game, but this game isn't digital; it's on a disc. Is it possible to recover this data if I were to buy the...
  4. Installing from disc, Manage Queue has blank transfer details

in XboX Insiders
    Installing from disc, Manage Queue has blank transfer details: I'm installing a game from disc (Close to the Sun), second installation of the day, same thing happened to the other game, and there are no transfer details under the Manage Queue section....
  5. Is it possible to transfer xbox 360 disc games to xbox one s all-digital

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is it possible to transfer xbox 360 disc games to xbox one s all-digital: I would like to ask if its possible to somehow transfer or use the backward compataiblity feature with xbox 360 disc games onto a xbox one s all-digital as i dont see any options to install my...
  6. Transfer discs games to Digital XBox one s

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Transfer discs games to Digital XBox one s: Just got a disc-less Xbox one S and want to know how to transfer games onto it from my old discs. It was advertised as being able to play existing games. 54a374df-af4e-4819-9044-21cdd910c73d
  7. possible to transfer installed xbox live arcade games/digital disc games from xbox 360 to xbox ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    possible to transfer installed xbox live arcade games/digital disc games from xbox 360 to xbox ...: hey all I recently bought myself the basic xbox one on my birthday two days ago with my christmas and birthday money combined, anyway I have an xbox 360 that I was using before hand and I have a...
  8. Did a license transfer and downloaded a game and it says disc is unreadable.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Did a license transfer and downloaded a game and it says disc is unreadable.: I'm new to this website. But I need help. I did a license transfer with a friend and download GTA 5. Every time I launch it, it says that the disc is unreadable. Please help, this is frustrating....
  9. 360 disc drive died - transfer PvZ GW game data to One?

in XBoX on Consoles
    360 disc drive died - transfer PvZ GW game data to One?: do my 360 has finally carked it. So I went and bought the game on One (of course) and then after I loaded it and started at rank 0. Of course. So then I google. and as of over a year a ago,...
  10. Xbox 360 S refusing to recognize games on disc, updates or DLC after transfer from older HDD

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 S refusing to recognize games on disc, updates or DLC after transfer from older HDD: I recently migrated all my game content to an Xbox 360 S (250GB) from an Elite-model 120GB HDD, but encountered severe problems almost instantly. Games acquired digitally work fine, but those on...