Issue configuring Xbox one X 1440p 120hz with ASUS TUF Gaming monitor

Discus and support Issue configuring Xbox one X 1440p 120hz with ASUS TUF Gaming monitor in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi Everyone, I have been trying to connect my X1X to a ASUS TUF Gaming VG27WQ monitor, unfortunately so far I am only able to achieve 1080p 120hz or... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by P33N3ling, Jun 11, 2020.

1. P33N3ling
    P33N3ling Guest

Hi Everyone,

I have been trying to connect my X1X to a ASUS TUF Gaming VG27WQ monitor, unfortunately so far I am only able to achieve 1080p 120hz or 1440p 60hz, I have tried the standard HDMI cable as well as a HDMI 2.1 8k cable, both with the same results. I have
    tried various settings include full factory reset of both the X1X and the monitor. de-selected 4k and HDR settings and also tried manually selecting resolution and refresh rate. All resulting in the same issue of reverting back to 1080p 120hz.

I have spoken to ASUS Gaming support and they say it should be compatible and to consult XBOX.

https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/LCD Monitors/VG27WQ/VG27WQ_English.pdf

Does anyone have any experience with overcoming this issue?

Any suggestions welcome.

Pete

:)

P33N3ling, Jun 11, 2020
  2. P33N3ling Win User

Thanks but im not trying to achiebe 4k 60hz im trying to achieve 2k (1440p) at 120hz.
  3. olLMNTRXlo Win User

Xbox one X only supports 4k 60fps as my understanding and not in

every game
  4. DarkrPhi Win User

Are you sure its thru hdmi or dvi?

If it doesnt support 1440p and 144hz thru dvi it probavly most likely only does 120hz over hdmi just a fyi very few monitors support 144hz 1440p over hdmi
  5. P33N3ling Win User

The monitor supports 1440p 120hz through HDMI 2.0. i have tried even with a HDMI 2.1 just to make sure it has the bandwidth.
  6. KingOfTheRen Win User

Xbox One X won't output 1440p at 120hz

I would look into your monitor and call DELL not Microsoft. I also have a One X and have never had any problems, as soon as select 120hz it automatically drops me down from 4K to 1440p. You must be misunderstanding something about your monitor as there
    must be a defect of some sort or your monitor does not support 1440p at 120hz.

For reference, before responding I booted on both my One X's. One is connected to a Samsung 4K QLED and I had no problem switching from 4k 60 to 1440p 120. My other X is connected via an LG 4K monitor and again when selecting 1440p OR 120hz it automatically
    selects 1440p or 120hz without any issues.
Thema:

1. Issue configuring Xbox one X 1440p 120hz with ASUS TUF Gaming monitor - Similar Threads - Issue configuring 1440p

2. Minecraft Bedrock Issue: Stuck on Locating Server Screen (specifically for one world)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft Bedrock Issue: Stuck on Locating Server Screen (specifically for one world): For the past two days I've been trying to join my friend's creative map, when it suddenly stopped letting me go through. It would load all the way up to the locating server screen and then get...
  3. Streaming issues

in XBoX on Windows
    Streaming issues: I have been streaming to twitch for about a week now. i got a new monitor to have better quality for my self and replaced a small TV I was using. My new monitor doesn't have any audio. I was...
  4. Series X connection issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X connection issue: Hi I'm having an issue with my Series X console or controller, the issue is the controller loses connectivity doesn't happen all the time but when I'm going to change the batteries or turn the...
  5. Can't find issues resolve

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't find issues resolve: Child's xbox says issue with xbox go to account live to fix. When I go to account live I can't find any issues help please d3ca4ea9-5f86-4422-8100-b2c5d7f2ac73
  6. Xbox One S WiFi Connectivity Issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S WiFi Connectivity Issues: Hello, I'd appreciate some support with an issue ive encountered several times since purchasing a new Xbox One S in December 2020. The console consistently struggles to establish and maintain...
  7. Xbox console buggs and issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox console buggs and issues: Just so you know ive got a xbox one s so i go to invite my friend to party who i havent added yet and i go chats and click on our chat like i normaly would but after i click on our chat i cant...
  8. Problema de configuración [Translate] Configuration issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Problema de configuración [Translate] Configuration issue: Hola buenas días me podrían decir como quitar el código de control parental ya que no recuerdo la respuesta a la pregunta que se muestra, espero puedan ayudarme gracias [Translate by Mod] Hello...
  9. Halo 5 Xbox One Elite Configuration/Preset Issue?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Halo 5 Xbox One Elite Configuration/Preset Issue?: Hello All, I have a seemingly odd issue that happens when playing Halo 5 adversarial. At the beginning of every match a grenade is automatically thrown, even though my finger is far from the...
  10. USB configuration issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    USB configuration issues: To get straight to the point, my Xbox 360 has stopped configuring my USB, when opened in the storage option on my console it still has the folders available to me, but I'm able to still use it on...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. tuf gaming vg27wq xbox one x