Issue Connecting to Xbox Using Sky Broadband

Discus and support Issue Connecting to Xbox Using Sky Broadband in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Could anybody having issues trying to connecting to Xbox Live and if your internet service provider is Sky?, Please post any errors you are having And... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by steokeogh1, May 7, 2014.

1. steokeogh1
    steokeogh1 Guest

Could anybody having issues trying to connecting to Xbox Live and if your internet service provider is Sky?, Please post any errors you are having

And also any troubleshooting you have tried.

Finally if anything you tried improved the issue.

:)

steokeogh1, May 7, 2014
  2. steokeogh1
    steokeogh1 Guest

Thanks seems like it should work

steokeogh1, May 7, 2014
  3. elcowardo
    elcowardo Guest

Hi, I just started a thread regarding how to fix this issue: forums.xbox.com/.../1749555.aspx

It's a problem with Sky Shield picking up login.live.com as a phishing site.

elcowardo, May 7, 2014
  4. elcowardo Win User

Hi, I just started a thread regarding how to fix this issue: forums.xbox.com/.../1749555.aspx

It's a problem with Sky Shield picking up login.live.com as a phishing site.
  5. steokeogh1 Win User

Thanks seems like it should work
  6. ngocphi Win User

I'm having issues in redeeming codes for Gears of War and Gears of War 3 when I bought GOW 4 Ultimate Edition Version.

@collins question are you using Virgin or sky broadband?

If so that's your issue

The hub they use have issues
  7. Cosmicthoughts Win User

BT Broadband, Any good?

[quote user="xD4DDYx"]Isn't Sky the only provider that doesn't penalise your speed during peak times too though? Pretty sure they are, although that was common knowledge a while back and since then others may have followed, not BT though.[/quote]Not entirely.

http://www.sky.com/helpcentre/broadband/set-up/sky-broadband-product-information/index.html

Do any restrictions apply to the service?

To ensure we provide a sustainable quality broadband service to our customers, we continuously monitor and efficiently manage the Sky Network as a whole. To do this, during peak times (from 5pm to 12am each day), we may slow down the speed that all Sky Broadband
    Connect customers can get on applications such as peer-to-peer networking and newsgroups, which we consider use up a lot of bandwidth and have a negative affect on other customers.

There are no restrictions in place for applications such as browsing, email, streaming, instant messaging and VOIP during peak times. We do not put restrictions on our Connect network outside of peak times. There are no restrictions whatsoever at any time
    for those customers who have Sky Broadband Everyday Lite or Sky Broadband Unlimited.

I suppose it's debatable if Xbox Live comes under any of those, and it obviously does not apply to all Sky users.

Virgin have no limits on their XXL package apparently.
  8. kigz707 Win User

My Xbox Won't Connect To My Network!

Hi,

Yes I have tried putting my xbox back to factory defaults, but it did nothing. I have a Sky Netgear DG834GT Router on Sky Broadband. I use a wired connection and have an Original 120GB Xbox 360. Anything else you need to know?
Thema:

1. Issue Connecting to Xbox Using Sky Broadband - Similar Threads - Issue Connecting Using

2. Using xbox app through Windows Mixed Reality connection issues

in XBoX on Windows
    Using xbox app through Windows Mixed Reality connection issues: Every time i use the Windows Mixed Reality headset, my connection goes from NAT type Open to moderate. The only way im finding out is by using the Xbox app through the WMR app. Is there a way to...
  3. connect issue using onecast looking for help

in XBoX Accessibility
    connect issue using onecast looking for help: Hi, guys looking for help. I'm an Xbox one s owner. I also have a wife who doesn't like to share TV so much. So I got onecast so I can play on my mac whilst she watches TV - shes pregnant I...
  4. Connection Issues Need to be Addressed, or gonna use alternatives...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Connection Issues Need to be Addressed, or gonna use alternatives...: If this connection issues can't be rectified in a timely manner, why should I play... yes it is free but so is Pogo.com, which is where I will start playing again if I can't connect...........
  5. XBox 360 wired connection, using Turtle Beach X41, slight Party audio cut out issue in Halo ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    XBox 360 wired connection, using Turtle Beach X41, slight Party audio cut out issue in Halo ...: Hey all. I am running a black Xbox 360 slim (250gB version). I have it on a wired connection into a Cisco wireless router, from an Xfinity Cable Modem. I pay for quick internet and latest...
  6. Xbox Live connection issues using Asus router only

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Live connection issues using Asus router only: Hi guys, Upon initial setup, i encountered a problem installing the first update. I get the message "There was a problem with the update". When doing a network test, it sometimes shows...
  7. Intermittent connectivity issues only while using Plex

in XBoX on Consoles
    Intermittent connectivity issues only while using Plex: What Country/State/Province do you live in? Virginia Modem brand & model number: **** ONT1000G14 Router brand & model number: Fios 61100 How many Xbox 360 and Xbox One consoles are connected to...
  8. Connection issue while using Netflix!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Connection issue while using Netflix!: I recently purchased a XBOX one and im having trouble watching Netflix and twitch. I saw that my NAT Type when first connecting to my internet was STRICT so i did the necessary port forwarding...
  9. Connection issues using Macbook Air with TB Ethernet adapter

in XBoX on Consoles
    Connection issues using Macbook Air with TB Ethernet adapter: So I got a new 11-inch Macbook Air a month ago and since it didn't come with an ethernet port, I bought a thunderbolt adapter in order to connect my 360 to the wifi through my mac. I've done this...
  10. Issue Connecting to Xbox Using Sky Broadband

in XBoX on Consoles
    Issue Connecting to Xbox Using Sky Broadband: Could anybody having issues trying to connecting to Xbox Live and if your internet service provider is Sky?, Please post any errors you are having And also any troubleshooting you have tried....