Issue launching Mass Effect 2 on Xbox one X

Discus and support Issue launching Mass Effect 2 on Xbox one X in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; recently I decided to do another playthrough of the original Mass Effect trilogy. I've just finished the first game(with about 72 hours of gameplay)... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by MarkWilley1, Aug 27, 2019.

1. MarkWilley1
    MarkWilley1 Guest

recently I decided to do another playthrough of the original Mass Effect trilogy. I've just finished the first game(with about 72 hours of gameplay) but when loading in my ME2 disc the game crashes during the Xbox 360 logo. This happens whenever I insert
    the disc--even after restarting the console, and ensuring there are no scratches on the disc itself.

I made sure there was nothing wrong with the disc by both cleaning it with a microfibre cloth, and running it on my xbox 360. I then loaded my ME3 disc to make sure that this wasn't a storage issue, and it ran just fine. I'm at a complete loss here, so If
    anyone has encountered this issue before, and gotten past it I'd appreciate the help

:)

MarkWilley1, Aug 27, 2019
  2. U Seiki Win User

Backward Compatibility of Xbox One X about Xbox 360 game "Mass Effect 2"

I could install "Mass Effect 2" on my Xbox One X console by "EA Access" subscription! Moreover, it is possible to play in Japanese.

But I couldn't install "Mass Effect 2" JP version that I had bought before in Microsoft Store.

Therefore, I will have to continue "EA Access" subscription if I would want to play "Mass Effect 2" on my Xbox One X console in the future. Although it is only JPY 3000 per year...
  3. AquarrzSudnnym Win User

There was a recent update for ME2. Check by using manage game and see if it needs an update.
  4. udoh Win User

mass effect or bioshock?

Considering the price of both of them at the moment, I would buyBOTH.

BUT, Mass Effect, Followed by Mass Effect 2 and then ME3 when it launches is so much fun.
  5. RetiGergo Win User

There are no items available for purchase at this time

These Mass Effect 2 add-ons not available in Xbox Live service,

only available in Cerberus Network

(which can be found in Mass Effect 2 main menu / Extras submenu, and requires Mass Effect 2 activation code).
  6. XBF Javier R Win User

I cant save my game in mass effect 2

Hello eVo,

We understand that you're experiencing an issue concerning the inability to gather the saved data from the cloud on your Xbox One console through the backwards compatible menu or Xbox 360 emulator due to an error that involves a previous console you don't
    associate with anymore.

Our suggestion here, use the emulator to manage game storage and delete Mass Effect 2 in an attempt to recover the cloud saves:

1. Launch Mass Effect 2
    2. Upon getting to the main menu, press the menu and view button at the same time
    3. Look for manage game
    4. Delete the storage for Mass Effect 2 and then restart the game

Try this and let us know if this works.

Best wishes!
Thema:

1. Issue launching Mass Effect 2 on Xbox one X - Similar Threads - Issue launching Mass

2. Game launch issue - ish

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game launch issue - ish: I can play minecraft but when invited to a players game it says someone has invited me but it shows the microsoft store picture instead of the minecraft picture it severely bugs me...
  3. Beta Ring - Slow launching apps and network issues

in XboX Insiders
    Beta Ring - Slow launching apps and network issues: Basically apps like Netflix and Disney plus seem much slower to load especially after putting the Xbox in standby and turning it back on. Also will sometimes get a network error when trying to...
  4. Xbox Game Pass for PC Game Launch Issue

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Pass for PC Game Launch Issue: Hello, Up until this day there have been no problems installing and playing the available games. Rise of The Tomb Raider was installed overnight and upon launch we received 'A Valid License for...
  5. State of Decay 2: Juggernaut Edition Launch Issue

in XBoX Games and Apps
    State of Decay 2: Juggernaut Edition Launch Issue: Please help!!! I am trying to play State of Decay 2: Juggernaut Edition on my PC. I was able to successfully install the game and play the first time. I was only able to host games, but could not...
  6. Issues playing games on Xbox One (launch-day-old console)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Issues playing games on Xbox One (launch-day-old console): I received my Xbox One console second-hand from a friend of mine who got it used (from somebody I suspect but have no definite proof of having gotten it second-hand as well) so my console is very...
  7. Issues launching my games and apps

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Issues launching my games and apps: so I'm having trouble launching any of my games even my apps for example I own call of duty modern warfare yet it doesnt want to launch the game at all it keeps giving me an error for taking to...
  8. Issue with launching a game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Issue with launching a game: i have the game grand theft auto 5 and it will not start so i repurchased grand theft auto 5 but when i repurchased it it was the premium edition but prior i owned the standard edition and my game...
  9. Xbox One X has a SERIOUS KNOW ISSUE that Microsoft has Ignored Since Launch

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X has a SERIOUS KNOW ISSUE that Microsoft has Ignored Since Launch: The Xbox One X is a very impressive machine, the graphics and 4K gaming are top notch. The storage is sufficient with todays digital game age. I feel the console, on paper, was worth the massive...
  10. Mass Effect series on Xbox One launch Issues

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Mass Effect series on Xbox One launch Issues: So I downloaded the Mass Effect series on my xbox one and it went well. But for some reason, none of the games will launch unless I have Wi-Fi. I don't have live at the moment so that's not a...