issue streaming games with OBS using XBox (beta) app

Discus and support issue streaming games with OBS using XBox (beta) app in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Win 10 fully updated, all drivers current ect. Unable to use streaming software to stream games using xbox game pass. I have been able to isolate... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by JMan42028, Dec 7, 2019.

1. JMan42028
    JMan42028 Guest

Win 10 fully updated, all drivers current ect.

Unable to use streaming software to stream games using xbox game pass.

I have been able to isolate the issue being when you choose the window you want to stream, and click on the game .exe window, the game immediately crashes. Grey screen then notta. no error codes, nothing at all.

This happens for all games using gamepass service. For instance I was able to play forza 4 for 20 mins no issues, the second I clicked on that .exe file in OBS the game froze.

The outerworlds it crashes when you try to leave the ship, instantly.

Every other game ive tried wont launch or gets that grey screen crash immediately when I try to stream.

:)

JMan42028, Dec 7, 2019
  2. XBF Leo G Win User

Hello JMan42028,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. We understand that your games are crashing when you are attempting to use OBS to stream games. OBS is a third party streaming service that is used by companies like Twitch. This program
    is not supported with Xbox games on Windows 10. The Xbox streaming service is Mixer. In the past, users could broadcast their gameplay by using the Xbox Game Bar. However, Mixer
    broadcasting
    is no longer available on Xbox Game Bar as of October 2019. We hope this information helps.
  3. darkist1 Win User

How do I stream to YouTube?

Hi Tyler,

At the moment you can only stream your xbox to Twitch and Mixer, if you want to stream to Youtube, you'd need a PC/Laptop in order to do that.

If you're still waiting for an Elgato (you'll still need a PC/Laptop for this), then for now you can use the Xbox Companion App and stream your Xbox there, then using software such as Streamlabs OBS or OBS to stream to Youtube.
  4. AngelObullets Win User

xbox beta pc games Streamlabs OBS black screen

Hi there

Just to be clear, Are you trying to use the xbox stream to xbox app and have obs capture the screenplay to broadcast it that way correct?.
  5. darkist1 Win User

Blur with the Xbox Stream option to PC

Hi Alex IN,

Here's a trouble shoot to Improve Xbox Console Companion Quality but i have a feeling it wont help all that much because
    it mostly talks about wireless.

Is the stream on the companion app itself Blurry/pixelated? OR is it only when loading the source to OBS blurry? OR is only the final stream output (Streaming/Recording)

This is to establish where the problem may be.

If the stream on Xbox Companion App is blurry, then i'd recommend making sure there's no congestion(too much traffic) on the network, and ensure you're using 100/1000mb network cables to both PC and Xbox.

If the stream on the OBS source is blurry, you may need to adjust your resolution on your monitor where the Xbox Companion App is, and make sure its a resolution such as 1920x1080.

If only the OBS output is blurry, then i'd suggest looking into the OBS settings, and making sure that your bitrate is set to between 2000 or 4000. You can go higher if your internet upload allows for it.

There are a couple other settings that i'd recommend you check on OBS too such as the profile, and the encoder. the New NVENC encoder for nvidia GPU's is very effective.

Hope this helps
  6. XBF Leo G Win User

Xbox Streaming Lags With very good Internet connection

Hello!

Thank you for keeping us updated. Since the stream is being broadcasted through OBS and YouTube, we recommend reaching out to the support teams for those programs. The Xbox app utilizes

Mixer
    to stream your games. If Mixer was being used, we would be able to provide more support options. There may be some settings with OBS or YouTube that are affecting the quality of the stream. We hope this helps!
Thema:

1. issue streaming games with OBS using XBox (beta) app - Similar Threads - issue streaming games

2. Xbox Game Streaming Cellular Data Issues

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Game Streaming Cellular Data Issues: Hey all, I've been having issues lately with the Xbox Game Streaming; I have no problems playing Xcloud on my cellular data plan but when I try and do the game streaming I continually get audio...
  3. Xbox game streaming Xcloud issue

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox game streaming Xcloud issue: Hello everyone. I don't have invition to Xcloud . But i'am already registered to it 3-5 months ago but i don't have any invition. Why ???????? Pls help with it. submitted by /u/memeslatvian...
  4. Xbox Game Streaming Issue: Backwards Compatible Titles

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Game Streaming Issue: Backwards Compatible Titles: Is there a specific reason that I can't game stream COD: Black Ops II? It works for about ten seconds just fine, then the console closes the game saying that this game can't be streamed (though it...
  5. Game Streaming issue on Nvidia Shield Tablet Android 7.0

in XboX Insiders
    Game Streaming issue on Nvidia Shield Tablet Android 7.0: I am using Game Streaming on my Shield, and it was working fine till 3 days ago. Now I cannot play any game and getting the error : "the servers are busy, cannot connect to stream". I am using...
  6. Potential Game Streaming app issue, can't report from app

in XboX Insiders
    Potential Game Streaming app issue, can't report from app: Hey folks! So, I think I discovered something, but it isn't something I can report with the "Report a problem" feature. I am not currently in the preview for xCloud, but I do have the Game...
  7. Network quality issues while streaming games to windows 10 Wired on both ends

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Network quality issues while streaming games to windows 10 Wired on both ends: I'm currently having issues streaming form my laptop to the xbox. IM getting major lag. I even ran a cat 6 cable to router and cat 6 from my xbox to the router too. My network is Netgear n6400...
  8. Xbox One Game Streaming Issue

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One Game Streaming Issue: I occasionally have issues with my game streaming where I will randomly not be able to connect to my xbox for streaming. The error message is as follows "We couldn't connect to your console. Make...
  9. Controller issue when game streaming Fifa 16&17 + Forza horizon 3

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Controller issue when game streaming Fifa 16&17 + Forza horizon 3: Hi, When using the Xbox app to use game streaming, often the controller will work to control the xbox dashboard, but cannot be used to control a game of Fifa 16, 17 and Forza horizon 3, but will...
  10. xbox game bar streaming issue after being unbanned

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox game bar streaming issue after being unbanned: Hey, just got un banned from communication yesterday. I tried streaming today and it still says you are banned you can not stream. i tried restarting my game but it continued to say that every...