Issue when moving games to internal

Discus and support Issue when moving games to internal in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; In trying to move GTA 5 from external storage to my internal storage (on disk btw) and it says 100% and ready to start but when I press to play it says... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/JahJahNinks, Oct 24, 2021.

1. Issue when moving games to internal

In trying to move GTA 5 from external storage to my internal storage (on disk btw) and it says 100% and ready to start but when I press to play it says ' Grand Theft Auto V needs to finish moving before you can launch it' and it is just stuck in the queue on 100%; any tips?

submitted by /u/JahJahNinks
    [link] [comments]

/u/JahJahNinks, Oct 24, 2021
  2. Nick B TS Win User

Sound in Fortnite

the game was stored on an external storage when I went into it - moving it back to internal fixed the issue

thanks for the help :)
  3. Tarnend Win User

Games won't start... Shows up startup screen and closes itself to Home Screen

are the games installed on an external drive or the internal one, if on an external then move to internal and try again, if on internal then move to external and try again, to see if its a drive issue, if thats possible that is.
  4. XBF Ruben D Win User

My backwards compatible game keeps crashing/freezing.

Hello there,

Thank you for posting on Xbox Forums. In regards to the issue, as Ambassador Sandy had previously stated, it would be best to try and move it to your Internal as that may resolve the issue. When it comes to Hard drives, if a game is not working on one,
    either being External or Internal, it is best to move it to the other to see if that may fix the issue as a troubleshooting step. It's happened to me before with the BWC game Mass Effect 2, it would crash on me and once I moved it from the External to the
    Internal it was fixed.

If you have any other questions please feel free to reply back letting us know. Thank you again for posting on Xbox Forums.
  5. Hordie Win User

Moving game files off of external hard drive - One S

Hi princessJAR,

Sorry you're having issues moving your games. Are you trying to move them one at a time? If not try going to the game tile, pressing menu, then manage, and moving it from your External to your Internal drive. If you're doing it that way can you post the
    exact error message you're getting when you try to move the files?
  6. Zero Jehuty Win User

Xbox Acting Weird

Try moving them to the internal drive. Some games do act strange when they are on a external drive. If this does not solve it delete and reinstall ONTO the internal drive.
Thema:

Issue when moving games to internal

1. Issue when moving games to internal - Similar Threads - Issue moving games

2. Xbox One Installation and Sign In Issues!!!

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox One Installation and Sign In Issues!!!: Hey! So after a week of not playing on my xbox, i decided to hop back on and i experienced some BAD ISSUES. So Rocket League was updating and the first issue was that the installation kept...
  3. Issues downloading games on the Xbox app on PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Issues downloading games on the Xbox app on PC: I have been trying to download Halo Wars 2 Complete Edition for almost 5 days now, which I bought, I did not use Xbox Game Pass and do not have it. Within about 2 or 3 minutes of starting the...
  4. Sign in issues with my xbox

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Sign in issues with my xbox: Xbox is not letting me sign In authenticator says yes it was successful but xbox says there was a problem e9dfb09a-7646-43a1-8991-9bcfe0b16c46
  5. I think Quick Resume might cause issues with moving games to/from storage.

in XboX Insiders
    I think Quick Resume might cause issues with moving games to/from storage.: I have experienced a few issues with storage, but I think I see a particular pattern. My theory is that, if I have a game that is in "quick resume" state, and I try to move the game, the original...
  6. Alpha - Issue with moving content using the new "Manage" interface.

in XboX Insiders
    Alpha - Issue with moving content using the new "Manage" interface.: Current Alpha Build when managing content for a game using the new "manage" interface - If you choose to move one content item from Drive A to Drive B, it will move all content instead of the...
  7. Gamertag moved & some issues with achievements

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gamertag moved & some issues with achievements: Hello everyone, Around two years ago I moved my Gamertag onto a different email following the guide from Microsoft (I cannot remember why). I then created a new Gamertag using the same email...
  8. moving game in new hd issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    moving game in new hd issues: Hi i just bought a new hd for the console since it's hd is full, i have a 1.3 terabyte hd which is also nearly full so i wanted to move some of my games which i play the most on the new hd but i...
  9. Moving xbox360 content to cloud for xbox1 issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Moving xbox360 content to cloud for xbox1 issue: Hi all, my kids have created a few profiles under the same xbox360 live account.....they liked making people and dressing them etc... I'm now trying to move content to the cloud so it will be...
  10. Issues with moving Games/Add-On to External Storage

in XBoX on Consoles
    Issues with moving Games/Add-On to External Storage: I have been moving games and/or add-on from Internal to External Storage successfully several times. I tried to do the same thing tonight since my Internal Storage space is getting low. For some...