Issue with Authenticate Now option

Discus and support Issue with Authenticate Now option in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I am trying to connect my new Xbox One S to the internet at the hotel where I am staying. When I click on the hotel wifi it pops up a dialog window... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by SeanSpear, May 31, 2019.

1. SeanSpear
    SeanSpear Guest

I am trying to connect my new Xbox One S to the internet at the hotel where I am staying. When I click on the hotel wifi it pops up a dialog window with the options, "authenticate now" and "enter alternate MAC address." I click authenticate now and it makes
    a sound but goes no further on the menu.

What are my options?

:)

SeanSpear, May 31, 2019
  2. XBF Leo G Win User

Hello SeanSpear,

Thank you for keeping us updated. We suggest
    power cycling
    your Xbox One by holding down the power button on the console for ten seconds. Once the power cycle has been completed, we recommend attempting to authenticate the network. If this does not resolve the issue, we suggest clearing your alternate
    MAC address. We will provide steps on how to complete this process. We hope this helps!

How to clear your alternate MAC address:

1. Press the Xbox button on the controller to pull up the guide
    2. Select Settings
    3. Select Network
    4. Select Network Settings
    5. Select Advanced Network Settings
    6. Select Clear Alternate MAC Address
  3. SeanSpear Win User

Hello Leo. Yes, it does send you to a website. My helper on the job has an xbox one as well and his authenticate now button works fine.
  4. XBF Leo G Win User

Hello SeanSpear,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. We understand that your console is not able to connect to the hotel's network due to an authentication error message. There are some hotels that require you to use a web browser before you can connect to the
    network. The web browser will take you to a website for the hotel that has you authenticate the device before it connects. Did you have to open a web browser on your cell phone before it connected to the hotel's WiFi? We suggest reaching out to the hotel's
    staff in order to discover if there is additional authentication that is needed for your devices to connect to the network. Be sure to let us know the results!
  5. SeanSpear Win User

I tried that too. It did not work. I did, however, trick the wifi by plugging my cell phone MAC into the xbox amd then connecting on my phone. Its a very slow connection. I fixed it, but thank you for your help.
  6. Edgarour Win User

Deja que abra esa pestaña y sigue las instrucciones, es para la autentificación aunque yo te recomiendo que mejor no juegues online y si es el caso algo local, o disfruta tus dias libres

[Translation-Let me open that tab and follow the instructions, is for authentication although I recommend you do not play online and if the case is something local, or enjoy your days off ]
Thema:

1. Issue with Authenticate Now option - Similar Threads - Issue Authenticate option

2. Wireless issues - all games choppy

in XboX Insiders
    Wireless issues - all games choppy: I'm trying out Project xCloud and I currently have a Galaxy S7. I'm sitting 5-10 feet away from my Google Wifi and apparently since it's connecting using 2.4ghz, the performance is incredibly bad....
  3. XCloud controller issue

in XboX Insiders
    XCloud controller issue: Hello, Has anyone found a fix for the button mapping issue? Samsung Note 8. Currently tried - updating controller, made sure my phone is updated, restarted my phone and reconnected the...
  4. Headset/controller issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset/controller issue: I bought the winter camo Xbox one controller and Astro a10’s. The headset works for a little while then randomly stops and nothing I do can get it to work again. This is not an issue with the...
  5. Windows Xbox Companion App Issues

in XBoX on Windows
    Windows Xbox Companion App Issues: has anyone else been having constant disconnection issues with the xbox companion app with party chat specifically, I always will join in just fine and 5 mins In to talking it will disconnect me...
  6. Some of us are here just to deal with new issues

in XboX Insiders
    Some of us are here just to deal with new issues: I understand the logic behind the "AB" experiments and i know very well why they are done, but there must be some better way to do this because even with the new "ABC" system we have a few that we...
  7. Authentication issue with bungie.net

in XBoX Accessibility
    Authentication issue with bungie.net: This issue started appearing last month. Whenever I try to login to my Bungie.net account, which is linked to my Xbox/Microsoft account it gives an authentication error. It tells me to update...
  8. Connection Issues: “Additional authentication needed”

in XBoX Accessibility
    Connection Issues: “Additional authentication needed”: I turned on my XBOX ONE console today and found I wasn’t connected to XBOX Live. I went into my network settings and clicked (test network connection) and I was instantly faced with the message...
  9. Xbox Additional authentication issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Additional authentication issues: I currently live in a dorm/hotel at the moment. To access my dorms wifi I have to authenticate on the dorms website. Normally I get prompted to authenticate my user name and password via edge. It...
  10. Any update on these authentication issues?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Any update on these authentication issues?: Any update on the xbox live authentication issues? If they're going to be down for a while I'll do something else until they're back up. It would be nice to know. Maybe I'll go study a...