Issue with kids getting ddos off games in xbox

Discus and support Issue with kids getting ddos off games in xbox in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; This is the situation and it's worse now that we are all working from home. The kids get ddos'd while playing GTA in xbox live. We have to then reboot... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Lisa_wedge mouse, Jan 14, 2021 at 10:32 AM.

1. Issue with kids getting ddos off games in xbox

This is the situation and it's worse now that we are all working from home. The kids get ddos'd while playing GTA in xbox live. We have to then reboot but they keep kicking the kids off and our IP will not work anymore.

:)

Lisa_wedge mouse, Jan 14, 2021 at 10:32 AM
  2. Jason of Oz Win User

Try restarting your modem/router. From a cold boot your router probably won't request (and be given) the same IP address when it reconnects to the internet. Your internet provider might still supply you with the same IP address, even if your router doesn't
    request it; if this happens try leaving it turned off overnight: most internet providers have very short leases on their IPs so if you're offline for a while it'll re-assign the IP and give you another.

Other people generally can't get your IP via xbox live games and in-game chat, only via a Party. Discourage your kids from joining random parties with people they don't know and you should see a reduction in DDoS attacks.

Its worth noting that Microsoft is phasing out peer-to-peer connections for Party chat so this should be a diminishing issue over time. You can read the article on it at

www.purexbox.com

Good luck.

- Jason
  3. Smwutches Win User

You'll need to contact your ISP.
  4. Farscape247 Win User

Xbox 360 kinetic 4gb stolen from [Mod removed] on Dec 12

and that would be open to abuse in a big way, imagine if someone creates a program to do that themselves, little kids get it and move from ddos to nuking xbox's.
  5. Armageddon_Ace_VP Win User

XBL services down, cannot play downloaded games

They need to give us MICROSOFT MONEY every time this poo happens... Because some of us enjoy playing games on there days off work and playing games with there kids and what ever.

And microsoft has lots and lots of money so spend some and do some good upgrade to fix these issues...

It hasnt been right since the first DDOS attack...
  6. Lofty Who Win User

'Technical issue' stops Battlefield Hardline EA Access users progressing without replaying Episode 1

Thema:

1. Issue with kids getting ddos off games in xbox - Similar Threads - Issue kids getting

2. 1440p at 120fps not working issue on xbox series s

in XboX Insiders
    1440p at 120fps not working issue on xbox series s: My monitor (viotek gfv27dab) works on my pc 1440p at 120fps fine but when I came to xbox it say I can either choose 1440p at 60fps or 1080p at 120fps even though my monitor supports that...
  3. Xbox One Party Chat Issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Party Chat Issues: This started not too long ago. Whenever I’d try to talk to my friend he wouldn’t be able to hear me but I could hear him. The xbox party chat recongized us both as party members with active mics,...
  4. Issues with parties

in XBoX Accessibility
    Issues with parties: I am currently dealing with a problem with my parties on my xbox one s. everytime i go into a party, it says im in it, and then 10 seconds later it says “party encountered an error” ive spoke to a...
  5. I am having issues uninstalling ARK survival windows 10 version

in XBoX on Windows
    I am having issues uninstalling ARK survival windows 10 version: My son and I sometimes play ark together but he has limited space on his laptop so he will remove and reinstall the game periodically. Recently he went to remove the game but it has failed to...
  6. Minecraft Marketplace issue

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft Marketplace issue: So I have been having issues connecting to Minecraft’s marketplace, it outright won’t connect and loosely suggests to check my internet connection, which is fine on every device in the household...
  7. Xbox Controller Issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Controller Issue: So this has happened very recently, and out of the blue. My controller had a little bit of stick drift, annoying, but it happens. Then it would start choosing options that were further than i...
  8. Xbox One Elite Issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Elite Issues: Has anyone ever seen this issue? I have tried just about everything i can find online and nothing fixes the display issue. Boot screen is fine, but once you hit the dashboard, its a mess after...
  9. License Migration Issues for my kids xbox 360

in XBoX on Consoles
    License Migration Issues for my kids xbox 360: I have in my household 3 Microsoft Game Consoles: 1 XBOX 360 for me. 1 XBOX 360 for my kids. 1 XBOX ONE for me. I transferred my licenses to my kids 360 console so they could play my games on...
  10. Region issue with Zumba kids game

in XBoX on Consoles
    Region issue with Zumba kids game: Yesterday, I purchased (full price) a game (Zumba Kids) from the web site, and after the game was downloaded to my XBOX 360, I got this error message: "This disc's region is incorrect for this...