Issue with Xbox connecting with WiFi

Discus and support Issue with Xbox connecting with WiFi in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi all, First time here. Would be great if someone can help out. My Xbox One S is failing to detect my mobile hotspot. It detects every other WiFi... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by PranavChoudhary, Mar 20, 2020.

1. Issue with Xbox connecting with WiFi

Hi all,

First time here. Would be great if someone can help out.

My Xbox One S is failing to detect my mobile hotspot. It detects every other WiFi available, but is not able to detect my mobile wifi.

It used to do this earlier, but suddenly after a recent update, it failed to detect it. What should I do here?

Absolutely clueless on what needs to be done here. Hope the forum can help.

:)

PranavChoudhary, Mar 20, 2020
  2. SpiralOut46and2 Win User

Xbox wireless network issue

If your WiFi is actually turning off when your Xbox connects, it sounds like an issue with your WiFi. Are there any settings through your WiFi/Internet provider (such as security settings for when a new device connects) that you could check?
  3. Rah49er Win User

Xbox360 Slim wireless problems

Same problem here. My new xbox 360s connects to my network via internal wifi but it will not connect to xbox live. Everything else in the house connects fine. My xbox even connects when I plug in the old Adapter( from my last xbox) meaning the issue is with
    the internal wifi. This is one reason I bought a new xbox slim(internal wifi) this is BS!
  4. Warhawk-FC64623E-2B1 Win User

Randomly Getting Disconnected from Xbox Live

Let me guess, you are connected to WiFi.... The problem with wifi is that there will always be an interference with the connection. As a result, you will disconnect from Xbox live. The only way to solve this issue is to use an ethernet cable. This will guarantee
    that you will not disconnect from xbox live. I know this for a fact because Everyone who has this issue are those who uses wifi to connect to xbox live. I strongly suggest using a ethernet cable because you will not disconnect. P.S: AVOID NETGEAR!! LoL, Worst
    WiFi router ever!
  5. SpindlyWorm5 Win User

Update on xbox one has stopped xbox going online!

Normally have the xbox on WiFi. Using a wired network connection allowed access to xbox live as normal. The update then completed. Didn't fix the WiFi issue though.
  6. Arminator Win User

xbox one keeps losing wifi connection.

Ports and your ISP usually don't have anything to do with a wireless connection failing, as the WiFi connection is only between your console and the router.

Is your console by chance enrolled in the Insider Preview Program?

While my Xbox One X works without issues via WiFi, the patch notes on some Insider Previews state that they are investigating cases with WiFi connectivity issues, and that people should report via the Feedback tool if their console loses WiFi connectivity.

It would help if you also said which WiFi router you are using, maybe there is an incompatibility between the Xbox One X and certain router models.
Thema:

Issue with Xbox connecting with WiFi

1. Issue with Xbox connecting with WiFi - Similar Threads - Issue connecting WiFi

2. I’m having issues connecting to my home WiFi

in XBoX on Consoles
    I’m having issues connecting to my home WiFi: I am having issues connecting to wifi on xbox 360. Will bot accept password to wifi. Ive cleared cache but still wont connect aba640c2-b37a-4087-9ec3-6294f1774c76
  3. Wifi connection issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wifi connection issues: I moved into college a few days ago and brought my xbox one but it’s not connecting to the wireless network. 9ed30200-3ea3-4786-b741-40d1e653cff7
  4. Wifi connection issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wifi connection issues: So I am having truble with my xbox one not connecting to my witless wifi because my "security protocol won't work", my xbox continues to say that my wifi is not wpa,wpa2, or wep. But here is the...
  5. Superhub 2: Cannot connect to Xbox live and WiFi issues

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Superhub 2: Cannot connect to Xbox live and WiFi issues: Superhub 2: Cannot connect to Xbox live and WiFi issues I was hoping that even though none of the other things i have connected to my wifi have no problems. So i went and bought a new one. I am...
  6. Ubiquiti Ubiquiti Air Router: Xbox One X having intermittent connection issues on WiFi.

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Ubiquiti Ubiquiti Air Router: Xbox One X having intermittent connection issues on WiFi.: Ubiquiti (Routers) Ubiquiti Air Router: Xbox One X having intermittent connection issues on WiFi. I hope this is coded correctly, because I think the detail in the forum selection is too specific...
  7. Intermittent WiFi router connection issues on Xbox One X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Intermittent WiFi router connection issues on Xbox One X: Hi. My Xbox One X is intermittently unable to find my WiFi router via a wireless connection; when this happens the Xbox needs unplugged from the mains supply and it can then find the connection....
  8. WiFi Connectivity Issues. WiFi Board?

in XBoX on Consoles
    WiFi Connectivity Issues. WiFi Board?: so my console can connect to the WiFi and everything will give the “It’s all good” message (even the multiplayer connection test). But the NAT Type will be Unavailable. None of my apps update...
  9. Xbox Live wifi connection issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Live wifi connection issues: I use wifi and I am frequently getting disconnected from Xbox Live. I am forced to go back to set up a wireless network again and enter my password again. This happens about half the time I use...
  10. Xbox One S WiFi Networking Connectivity Issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S WiFi Networking Connectivity Issues: Disable IPv6 in your network router. The xbox one S apparently doesnt like it. Hit me up on votes since I fixed MS's problem! Lol I have been using IPv4 and still struggling really bad. Took me...