issues chatting and connecting to a friend

Discus and support issues chatting and connecting to a friend in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; it seems im having trouble connecting to one of my friends, in several games, gta destiny and Dying light, and alot of the time it wont party chat to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Crimbo-AA1BC992-2A6C-40ED-B8B5-28BE10F1F00C, Apr 1, 2015.

1. issues chatting and connecting to a friend

it seems im having trouble connecting to one of my friends, in several games, gta destiny and Dying light, and alot of the time it wont party chat to him, anyone else having same issues, anyone able to help

:)

Crimbo-AA1BC992-2A6C-40ED-B8B5-28BE10F1F00C, Apr 1, 2015
  2. Carney13
    Carney13 Guest
    Party Chat Not Working

I have had the same issue and resolved it this way:
    Go to settings > network > test MP connection
    Once I checked this I got some notification about the IP settings and did the following-
    Set the IP Address to Auto
    Set the DNS to auto
    Set the last option, i think it was secondary MAC address, to clear.
    Restart the console and my issues were all good and I was able to connect without anymore issues.

The issue is something with the secondary address limiting connectivity. As long as it is clear these problems should not exist and you should be able to enjoy chat with friends. Afterwards I had to set my chat not to occur through the kinect but that is easy to do. Go to kinect and uncheck the box about chat via Kinect.

Hope this helps. Good luck.

Carney13, Apr 1, 2015
  3. Issues connecting to friends

Now its telling me that the Halo 4 servers are not available. But my friends are not seeing this. Anyone else having this issue?

TODDY BY NATURE, Apr 1, 2015
  4. Mr Boozyhead
    Mr Boozyhead Guest

Have u both checked your nat settings ?

Mr Boozyhead, Apr 1, 2015
  5. Mr Boozyhead Win User

Have u both checked your nat settings ?
  6. Flint SithLord Win User

XboxOne Party Chat, Well Over Complicated (Please Fix)

I haven't had any trouble connecting to my friends in party chat; of course I still have to go and turn it on once I connect but no major issues so far.
  7. DammitDodge Win User

How to fix my messages

It seems like the first and second problems are all connected issues. I was able to send a test message to a friend but it still doesnt update on chat.
  8. kyle snyder Win User

Can't connect to xbox party from the companion

this is NOT resolved, playing fifa last night with friends, i stream, so running party chat through the PC. i COULD NOT connect to party chat at all. yet, had no server issues with xbox or fifa.
  9. Dankganjagods Win User

Party Chat Issue

Has anyone experience this and know how to fix this party chat issue?

I am currently trying to connect to my friend's online party chat. We are able to connect but then not able to hear each other.Here is what we see, we are not muted as we can see each other's picture and the option for mute is not "Unmute", connection to
    the party chat is not the issue as we can connect. I have tried shutting down the xbox, unplugging it, waiting, then plugging it back in and still the issue is there. (3/20/2020)
    Try. Redoing your Nat setting I just did and it working for party chat
Thema:

1. issues chatting and connecting to a friend - Similar Threads - issues chatting connecting

2. Xbox App Party Chat Connectivity Issues

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox App Party Chat Connectivity Issues: Problem: My friend and I use the Xbox Party Chat app on Windows 10 to talk while gaming on the Xbox One. He is a streamer and for some odd reason it is the only way he can have his setup...
  3. NAT is open yet I could not connect to party chat due to "Network setting issues"

in XBoX on Consoles
    NAT is open yet I could not connect to party chat due to "Network setting issues": I haven't had any issues in the past and my router settings have not changed. I always get open NAT showing in the xbox network settings i've tried different ports as well. Running out of...
  4. XBOX App for IPhone - Issues connecting to Party Chat

in XBoX on Mobile
    XBOX App for IPhone - Issues connecting to Party Chat: Hey Everyone, I first want to say I really think the Xbox APP is amazing allowing you to communicate in parties directly from your smartphone. I've been using the App to communicate in-game...
  5. Xbox party chat, Issues with connecting to certain people.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox party chat, Issues with connecting to certain people.: I have a problem when trying to join or invite certain friends into a party chat. When I send or receive an invite with this particular friend I will be prompted that he is trying to connect for a...
  6. Party Chat - Have no issues except when I try to connect to 1 specific friend. PLEASE HELP!!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Party Chat - Have no issues except when I try to connect to 1 specific friend. PLEASE HELP!!: So here is the issue... I can connect to all my other friends without any issues with the party chat. Like none at all. But when me and 1 specific friend get in a party together, the party...
  7. fed up with connection and party chat issues

in XBoX Games and Apps
    fed up with connection and party chat issues: i have to state that to date the last 4 times i have been online in the last month i have been in a game and in a party chat and the microsoft server states that there is an issue and disconnects...
  8. Chat connection issue?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Chat connection issue?: I got onto my Xbox one day to play some video games. Like normal I message my friends to ask if they're available. When I clicked the conversation it was stuck loading. I sent a message but it...
  9. Xbox party chat connection issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox party chat connection issues: hi, Every time i try to do a party chat it says disconnected and to go to my settings well i ran the connection and it was fine so why can't i use party chat... This is very frustrating...
  10. Connectivity issues. Doesn't let me connect until the second try. Chat, and ISP said try ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Connectivity issues. Doesn't let me connect until the second try. Chat, and ISP said try ...: My Xbox 360 is having some major connectivity issues. This problem started about 2 weeks ago: I turn on my Xbox to an Offline dashboard, try to connect to Xbox Live, doesn't work asks to run...