issues communicating between PC & Xbox user using party chat

Discus and support issues communicating between PC & Xbox user using party chat in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hey everyone, hoping that somebody could help me with an issue that a buddy and I started experiencing today while playing Call of Duty. I am on XBOX... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by jayt_, Aug 2, 2020.

1. jayt_
    jayt_ Guest

Hey everyone, hoping that somebody could help me with an issue that a buddy and I started experiencing today while playing Call of Duty. I am on XBOX while he plays on PC. We communicate through party chat, with him using the "XBOX Game Bar" app

Today while attempting to play we have repeatedly run into the an issue. After 3-5 minutes in party chat together, he will show as having left the party, while I show as disconnected in his app. When this occurs he has to quit the app through task
    manager and is unable to rejoin the party. The only occasion of this happening and him being able to rejoin occurs when we are not in game together, with no games running on my Xbox or his PC.

We regularly play together, this only started occurring today, after a few weeks of him being offline while camping. The only difference we could pin down is a new router that was installed while he was gone. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

:)

jayt_, Aug 2, 2020
  2. voteDC Win User

Someone remind me why I pay for this service.

[quote user="EIDOS Khris"]I mainly pay for this service to use the party chat, something that is actually free on PC.[/quote]Well to be fair Party Chat can be replicated with things such as SKYPE but actual Party Chat over LIVE is not available on the PC.

You can Private Chat between the 360 and PC but if you can't join a Party on your PC.
  3. M3tal Daz3 Win User

Teredo is unable to qualify - I've tried EVERYTHING...

Teredo is a networking protocol that’s used to establish secure communications between clients and servers, and to facilitate connectivity between devices behind routers that use network address translation
    (NAT).

Failure to obtain a Teredo IP address can occur when there’s an issue with your Teredo adapter, when a device on your network is blocking the Teredo protocol, or if there’s software installed on your PC
    that’s disabling Teredo functionality. Without a Teredo IP address, you’ll be unable to use party chat or do multiplayer gaming on Xbox Live.

Note The Teredo IP address is only necessary for Xbox Live party chat and multiplayer features. If your game doesn’t use the Xbox Live service, consult that game’s support site for help
    on chat and multiplayer issues.

For more info: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-on-windows/social/troubleshoot-party-chat
  4. AKMDREY Win User

Silence

yeah most are in party chat.

party chat on 360 is a good/evil kinda thing. it has it's good points but also hampers communication in games like this if everyone is not in the same party.. there is absolutely no communication between teammates then.
  5. M3tal Daz3 Win User

Cannot Connect to Online Services while In-Game

If you can’t join or host an Xbox Live multiplayer game, or you can’t connect to a party chat session, press the
    Start button, select Settings > Gaming >
    Xbox Networking and check NAT type.

If it says Teredo is unable to qualify, your PC is unable to obtain a Teredo IP address.

Teredo is a networking protocol that’s used to establish secure communications between clients and servers, and to facilitate connectivity between devices behind routers that use network address translation
    (NAT).

Failure to obtain a Teredo IP address can occur when there’s an issue with your Teredo adapter, when a device on your network is blocking the Teredo protocol, or if there’s software installed on your PC
    that’s disabling Teredo functionality. Without a Teredo IP address, you’ll be unable to use party chat or do multiplayer gaming on Xbox Live.

For more info: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-on-windows/social/troubleshoot-party-chat
  6. Miss Lyric 2 U Win User

Xbox mic not working

Hey Jackson! I have a turtle beach headset as well that sometimes has that issue when I play Apex. It may be the communication between the xbox and the headset. Try going into game chat, then turning your headset off and on. Sometimes the headset has a hard
    time switching back and forth between party and game chats.
Thema:

1. issues communicating between PC & Xbox user using party chat - Similar Threads - issues communicating between

2. Xbox Live Multiplayer and Communication Issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Live Multiplayer and Communication Issues: My friends activities show me inaccurate information. It shows me what they were doing up to 12 hours ago, but not currently. I can not load anyone's profile either. When trying to invite someone...
  3. Xbox Live Communication issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Live Communication issues: For the past two days I have been joining my friends parties when, at random, the party will go silent with me not being able to my friends and my friends not being able to hear me. My microphone...
  4. Communication suspension issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Communication suspension issue: just recently I got a communications suspension and I was tolerating it until it gets lifted, I was still able to play Pubg online but three days later after I got the communications suspension Im...
  5. New Wave Communications: Xbox Live Party Chat Issues

in XboX Networking Hardware
    New Wave Communications: Xbox Live Party Chat Issues: New Wave Communications (ISPs): Xbox Live Party Chat Issues Hey Riin thanks for keeping us in the loop! If the reset didn't fix this issue the problem, as you stated, might be on the internets...
  6. Cox Communications: Xbox live connection issues

Cox Communications: Xbox live connection issues: Cox Communications (ISPs): Xbox live connection issues Hey there :) they are still working to fix everything properly ;) keep finger crossed... Bye ae979ba7-3a97-471a-baaa-5c2705254ce8
  7. Cameron Communications: I have a serious issue

Cameron Communications: I have a serious issue: Cameron Communications (ISPs): I have a serious issue A couple of months ago I was in a party with my friend. He sent me a msg including private information about where I live. At the time I...
  8. Communication Banning Issue

in XBoX Accessibility
    Communication Banning Issue: People may have been noticing a spike in communications banning recently. I personally find this to be an issue that isn't the players fault. From the research I gathered, these communication bans...
  9. Communication Issue

in XBoX Accessibility
    Communication Issue: So I have a problem with communication. So I was talking to my friend a lot and we could both hear each other. One day I log on and he can't hear me but I can hear him fine. My other friends can...
  10. Communication Issues after ban

in XBoX on Consoles
    Communication Issues after ban: My ban ended on 4th of October 2017 at 22:37pm and I am unable to speak in parties or send messages to anyone! Is there any ways of fixing this problem and if so, how?...